View Full Version : $100 Fine For Laughing

Kuea
Jun 29, 2005, 04:17 AM
Yes

I literally got a $100 dollar fine for laughing :/

now as Sagasu said
Sagasu: cruel, but somehow laughable u.u;

Here's the story

Me and my last two friends decided to do some stuff today before my friend Chris moves away in two days

So earlier on in the day my friends come over and we start doing stuff like playing Conker's and PSO. Around 8:30 we decide to go out and walk around for a while

so we walk around and do some crap and have fun drinking soda and eating sweets http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif around 11:30 we sit down in a local park to talk and just hang out

So a while after we see a cop car driving up near us, it stops and out comes a cop and then another car comes up and two more get out

now it would have been better if the cops weren't total asses but unfortunetly for us, they were -.-

the first thing they do of course is ask us if we had been doing any drugs are drinkign any alchohol, now the stupid thing is that the cop I was talking to, didn't even give me any chance to answer

the basic convo went like this

<cop> Have you done any drugs lately?
<me> n-... *gets cut off*
<cop> Drunk any alcohol?
<me> n-... *gets cut off*
<cop> Broken any laws I should know about?
<cop> Yes, Yes you have. You are in a park after hours creating noise
<cop> Do you know the by-laws for this town's local parks?
<me> ... this park closes?
<cop> Yes. it closes at midnight

so I pointed out that it was only 11:55 by my watch at that my watch was 5 minutes fast. he just told me to shut up and not backtalk him. I pointed out a nearby clock that said it was 11:50ish and he gets even more mad with me :/

the real fun started now, the cops arrested us and took us down to the station :/

After our little trip to the station, the cops were treating us like shit : all they did really was "interogate" us and in the end gives us $100 tickets to pay withen two weeks

They then drove us home and from there I cam here and started to rant

... I HATE THIS FUCKING TOWN!!!!

*curls up in a corner and cries well rocking back and forth* ;-;

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif sorry for ranting so much but this was just Pure Regurgitated bullshit

so now we all have to come up with the moeny to pay which will be sorta hard for us since we have no jobs :/

and since one is moving damn soon -.-;

Uncle_bob
Jun 29, 2005, 04:22 AM
Yea. Most cops and law enforcement officers in the U.S. are fucking idiots. All they do is "play army" on the "War on Drugs" and harrass people that are for the most part minding their business. In this case, you and your friends. All the while rapists, murderers, and so on go about their business freely. :|

Anyway, all you can do is just deal with it and pay the fine. Don't worry, something shitty is bound to happen to them at some point or another. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sagasu
Jun 29, 2005, 04:26 AM
Sagasu: you and toh need to run away
Sagasu: and hide in navi' closet

Oh how I loathe the sharks that prowl the waters! >o

Kuea
Jun 29, 2005, 04:32 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

well I lie in canada not the U.S.

and yeah Sagasu I wish I oculd run away http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But I need to look after the babies and try to finish school <<

KodiaX987
Jun 29, 2005, 06:28 AM
Challenge the fine. There's no way a cop can arrest you for just sitting there and doing nothing.

Sef
Jun 29, 2005, 07:14 AM
On 2005-06-29 04:28, KodiaX987 wrote:
Challenge the fine. There's no way a cop can arrest you for just sitting there and doing nothing.

Ha ha... But if you don't feel like doing that... I'd suggest finding jobs pretty quick. Or hey, walk around town with a donation can/jar...

Worked for my friend at school. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

anwserman
Jun 29, 2005, 07:46 AM
Yes, challenge the fine/ticket. Go to the local courthouse and you can contest it. If you and your friend both go, you can both prove your stories.

Hell, I almost just recently got a ticket for tailgating (I was over 30 feet away behind the officer when i was going 35 miles per hour... far enough) and for using my brights when they were off.

He followed us... for over 20 minutes... and he pulled us over when we were leaving the city limits. I'm not kidding, he was waiting for us to leave a FUCKING GAS-STATION. He was yelling, saying we pissed him off, threatened a $400+ plus ticket and all this other shit... all in the name of wanting to bust us for DUI or hardcore MIPs. Hell, he said a passenger was breaking curfew in the back of our vehicle. She lives in another state, how does she know the local curfews when I didn't know they existed?

Pigs.

ABDUR101
Jun 29, 2005, 02:15 PM
Let me point it out just so it's clear.

You contest the ticket, because you were right. If you pay the fine, that is more or less you saying "Yes, I was guilty of doing what the ticket says, so here's the money."

If you contest it, and I'd recommend all of you contesting it and telling exactly what happened, I'm sure you'd get off scot free.

Also, take note that most cops who issue tickets, don't show up to the court dates of such contested tickets, expecially speeding tickets, because they figure everyone is going to pay the fine. If they aren't present, it's thrown out of court and voided(the fine and ticket).

Seriously, fight it, and even if they do show up, if what you said is true it won't be a problem.

RoninJoku
Jun 29, 2005, 05:04 PM
Definitely contest it... If you go and the cop doesn't show, good for you, you don't have to pay... If the cop shows and the court sides with you, even better, you just owned the cop... If the cop shows, and you still have to pay, at least you could be one last thorn in the bastard's side...

Daikarin
Jun 29, 2005, 06:58 PM
On 2005-06-29 02:17, Eclair wrote:

so I pointed out that it was only 11:55 by my watch at that my watch was 5 minutes fast. he just told me to shut up and not backtalk him.

You should have given him the "I am afforded to speak in my defense, by the constitution of the United States of America" speech.

And if you're not North-American, just tell them you live in a free country.

And if you live on a communist regime like Cuba or China, tell them to listen to you too since every man has equal rights.

And if you live on a fascist regime like North Coreia, tell him...

...Nah, you're screwed on that one.

Nah, seriously. You have your rights, and he can't treat you like that. Who's he, the President? And even if he were, you CAN speak for your defense, nobody will take you that right. Not even if they were Feds.

so now we all have to come up with the moeny to pay which will be sorta hard for us since we have no jobs :/

and since one is moving damn soon -.-;

Let's see the facts.

- Were you making noise?
- Were there doors in the park, or any other signs that it was closed?
- Were you drinking or consuming any kind of drugs, legal or not?
- Was it midnight? On YOUR watch?
- Did he let you speak up for yourself?

Then why don't you go down to the police HQ and file a complaint about abuse of power? That's what I would have done.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 12:00 PM
Not only do that, take the fine to court. You might be able to have those cops pay you instead. Just make sure you have a good Lawyer.

navci
Jul 5, 2005, 12:02 PM
On 2005-07-05 10:00, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
Not only do that, take the fine to court. You might be able to have those cops pay you instead. Just make sure you have a good Lawyer.

Might end up paying more for the Lawyer than paying the fine.

I believe you can represent yourself. Especially in fines like these. It is similar to fighting a speeding ticket.

anwserman
Jul 5, 2005, 12:08 PM
Unless you have someone go pro bono for you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif