PDA

View Full Version : Walking the Dog

Pagit
Jun 29, 2005, 07:57 AM
I have noticed a disturbing trend in my neighborhood since I started walking the family dog in the mornings. Other dog walkers need to clean up their poochie's POOP. I'm getting tired of finding other doggie doodles in our yard because the owners' are too lazy to clean up after their pets. I carry around a wooden rod with a coffee can attached to it. It's an excellent, though ostenatious, contraption for scooping poop. Or there's the plastic bag/paper towel method that's preferred by my aunt. I just wish other people would realize that their neighbors DO NOT like finding poop in their yard!!!

Jive18
Jun 29, 2005, 11:15 AM
Yeah, that's just terrible. I'm pretty sure that in lots of cities (Chicago for one), you can recieve a fine for not cleaning up after your dog if it *goes* on the sidewalk or street. It's too bad your town's mayor/board haven't done something about it, but then again, they may not have noticed. You could try to let them know of all the crap (literal) you've been seeing around.

RoninJoku
Jun 29, 2005, 12:47 PM
^ Many suburbs around Chicago too... (mine included)

Lucky for me, people in my neighborhood are very good about it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-06-29 10:50 ]</font>