PDA

View Full Version : why is there always just one lucky one?

PhotonDrop
Jul 4, 2005, 02:28 PM
Yesterday as I sat here as usual two of my neighbors crashed into eachother on their four-wheelers, one was a young man I've known all my life, a good friend. The other was a man and his young boy. As the man came around the corner he collided with my friend, he held onto his son and managed to land safely. My friend wasn't as lucky.

To make matters worse, most of his family was in West Virginia attending their Grandfather's funeral...

I am devastated by the loss but I'm not angry with the man, I know how my friend drives so there probably wasn't any chance for either of them to swerve out of the way.

Why did he have to die?
Why is it that the man and his boy got away without anything more than a few scrapes?

I'm going to stop here for now so I can pull myself together.

Caecilius
Jul 4, 2005, 02:40 PM
'Tis a real shame. I read that and was compelled to come back after almost a year to say how sorry I feel for you.

ABDUR101
Jul 4, 2005, 04:45 PM
I'd be more inclined to look at it as shame that he died, but also a good thing that he did'nt cause the death of someone else.

Imagine it the other way around, where he killed or really messed up one of the other two.

No outcome would have been good which results in someone's death, but the less that do, the better.

My sympathy for the loss of a friend. Hopefully him being wreckless did'nt cause the accident.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 4, 2005, 06:08 PM
On 2005-07-04 12:28, PhotonDrop wrote:
Yesterday as I sat here as usual two of my neighbors crashed into eachother on their four-wheelers, one was a young man I've known all my life, a good friend. The other was a man and his young boy. As the man came around the corner he collided with my friend, he held onto his son and managed to land safely. My friend wasn't as lucky.

To make matters worse, most of his family was in West Virginia attending their Grandfather's funeral...

I am devastated by the loss but I'm not angry with the man, I know how my friend drives so there probably wasn't any chance for either of them to swerve out of the way.

Why did he have to die?
Why is it that the man and his boy got away without anything more than a few scrapes?

I'm going to stop here for now so I can pull myself together.

Hes in a better place now. Also, it depends on where and how he landed. The man and his son probably landed on their backs or sides, and probably in something soft. Your buddy...well...probably landed on his head, resulting in snapping his neck.

Right now you're going through the denial stage PhotonDrop. Its hard when you loose someone dear to you, but think this; "Do what you think you should do that would make him proud of you."

If you have to..talk to someone about it.

Anyways, you have my sympathies. And I hope you recover from this ok.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-07-04 22:35 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jul 5, 2005, 12:03 AM
What exactly does that mean: "It was his time for him to."?

I just don't see your point, something awful happened, someone lost their life. It could've been avoided. It wasn't "his time".

I don't think PD's denying his death, she is troubled that a friend died. Which is natural I'm assuming, I have never had someone close to me die so I don't know.

In any case, you have my sympathy as well PD, if you ever want to talk to me, you know how to reach me. I hope you can live on and remember that your friend more likely wants you to continue with your life.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 12:24 AM
Not to sound too religious, but God chose his time to go. Thats what I meant by it. Everybody has their time to go, its fate ussually. It can be avoided, but yet sometimes it can't. As for the denial thing, well; PD is asking why did her friend have to die? And why did that man and his son leave without a scratch? Its a little pass that stage, but I think you're right Saiffy.

I know whats it like to loose someone dear. Its happened to me way to many times. Whether they died of old age, or accident. Most was an accident because of someones stupid mistake. I just wish for those that I lost that I was a bit more thankful to them. Even though I was very young then.

On another note, I edited my previous post. What I said was rather rash and harsh of me. I wasnt really thinking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-07-04 22:35 ]</font>

Sef
Jul 5, 2005, 12:20 PM
On 2005-07-04 22:24, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
Not to sound too religious, but God chose his time to go.

That's religious enough. I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but you never know what people believe(or don't believe) in.

I'm sorry for your loss, PD. I've lost a couple people in my life also. Death is a part of life. To be truthfully honest... Sometimes stuff like this happens. :/

Not trying to sound like a dick or anything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2005-07-05 10:24 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Jul 5, 2005, 12:49 PM
Was your friend wearing a seat-belt? I just gotta know before I toss this one up to any matter of fortune...

But anyway... That really sucks... At least the people on the other side still have their lives in front of them...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-07-05 10:50 ]</font>

Sef
Jul 5, 2005, 12:56 PM
On 2005-07-05 10:49, RurouniJoku wrote:
Was your friend wearing a seat-belt? I just gotta know before I toss this one up to any matter of fortune...

Er...

Do 4-wheelers have those?

PhotonDrop
Jul 5, 2005, 01:27 PM
4 wheelers don't have seatbelts, but a helmet would have been peachy for both sides :/

Abdur: they hit at a blind corner neither knew the other was there until they crashed.

tetujin
Jul 5, 2005, 10:39 PM
On 2005-07-05 10:56, Sef wrote:

On 2005-07-05 10:49, RurouniJoku wrote:

Er...

Do 4-wheelers have those?

4-wheelers in Eagle, Idaho have some :/

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 6, 2005, 12:04 AM
Wouldnt that make it more dangerous? Because if you flip over..and you're snuggly seatbelted in that seat...you're a gonner. Because you have a better chance survivng without that seat belt.

tetujin
Jul 12, 2005, 04:04 PM
On 2005-07-05 22:04, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
Wouldnt that make it more dangerous? Because if you flip over..and you're snuggly seatbelted in that seat...you're a gonner. Because you have a better chance survivng without that seat belt.

I fail to see your reasoning http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyways, sorry about the loss.

Daikarin
Jul 12, 2005, 04:25 PM
I'm very sorry about your loss. We're all bound to go someday: Tomorrow, next week, in some years, in some decades... Life's short, make sure you live it without regrets.

I'm impressed on how you want to get over this. You have my sympathy