PDA

View Full Version : One of the Many Reasons Why My Family Sucks...

WashuSaotome
Jul 8, 2005, 07:15 PM
You know what? I've had it up to here! *points all the way up into the sky*

A lot of my family members have a horrible habit of harassing me because I don't date guys of my same race.

And I thought the times have changed! Bah!

I keep telling them that I'm just not interested in the guys. Since I go to a mostly Latino / White / Asian school, the whole dating someone other than an African American thing was bound to come up reguardless!

Why is it so hard (for a family who complains about not being able to do what they please because of their race) to understand that I have my own needs and wants, too? It's not like I'm sleeping around or betraying my family or anything. My fetishes, my thoughts, my choices are all my own, and they need to get that through their heads!

Matter of fact, after years of conversations and mishaps... I can say that my family isn't even a close-knit, caring, or even remotely supportive one!

My cousin and his wife are two smartasses who can't even support their child, my stepdad is a liar, my grandaunt is a gossipy little prick, and my dad sleeps around and acts like an immature boy for his age.

It's horrible... And so many years of taking orders and not complaining? HA! Pardon my language, but fuck them. Fuck all of them. They don't even support my choices. They're all there to find out information and talk about each other.

And they wonder why I don't like being around them during parties. Psh. To hell with them all.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 8, 2005, 07:40 PM
I have a similar problem. Over half of my family love to backstab each other, and they always put us kids in the middle of them to choose sides. Im not saying that my parents are fighting, but different parts of the family backstab each other.
Problem with my rents? Well, my dad knows I do good, wont do anything to get into trouble. Stepmother..thats a different story. Shes never thankful or grateful enough for all I do. (Yet, she acts like it alot. >_>) Honestly, all I have to say is this. You're almost to the point in life where you can go off on your own, and just tell them to stay out of your life, because they cant accept you for who you are.

InfinityXXX
Jul 9, 2005, 09:04 AM
I love my close family, siblings,mom,grandparents but some of the people like on my grandad's side make me sick because of the whole "I'm better than you" attitude

You see, my greatgrandmom, was the first black person in Sunflower county, Mississippi to send her kids(13) to an all white school.(Yeah theres lots of books out on our family) Anyways fastforwarding to now. My grandad and all his bros and sis ar elike all successful and to some of them, it has gone to their heads.

At 18 my mom dated my real dad who the family disliked cause he had the whole mafia thing goin on. Eventually at 19 she had me and because of this my mom didn't go to college. So the family talked about her and looked down on her but eventually my mom got her masters and degree abd even when she graduated some of the family didn't even congragulate her.

I never really dated a person outside my race. I dated a puerto rican girl but she had the same skin tone like me and the same hair like my mom. But I think your parents should just respect your decision regardless of whatever race your boyfriend is.