PDA

View Full Version : hmmm.......

InfinityXXX
Jul 12, 2005, 06:48 PM
Today i bought me my 3rd gamecube(first 2 broke). Anyways i haven't played PSO in a while but today me my bro and sis played.(starting from scratch) Well anyways lemme remind you of the ages of everyone. Me(16) my bro(13) and my sis(9). I was a Ramar, my bro was a hucast and my sis was a fomarl.

Today we played Multiplayer for the first time in like 6 months.

Now my 9yr old sister was offering better handguns to me and was budgeting her money. I too was giving her all the spells i found and monofluids. We both were giving my brother, Trey, monomates. Now Trey(13) is a Hucast and all while we were playing he was killing things so quick that me and my sis was not getting any exp. Then he actually bragged about how much more damage he can do than my sis and me. Not only that but he was being an item hog.

When we entered the caves he had two rifles and he sold both of em not even offering me any thing. In battle, me and my sis rely on him to be our meat shield. My sis stands behind him casting spells and I stand a bit farther shooting but Trey is so greedy that he will actually break away from the enemies just to get to the boxes thus my sis will get killed in one blow and since our money is so low its very hard to get moon aptomizers. So me and her lose a lot of money.

Not only that but me and my sis combine money to buy items we need while trey won't give not one meseta. The only thing he gave us was monofluids for Christina and he charged us 100 meseta for it.

Trey craves for power too much, and thoguh hes my brother and i love him, but hes still a jerk at video games. Its a darn shame that my sister whose 9yrs old can play better and have a better sense of acting as a team than my bro. Some say that she shouldn't be a Force but since day 1 shes been a Force, and multiple times shes come to this site and have memorized what spells what enemies are weak against.

Sometimes, we won't even do multiplayer because we don't feel like dealing with him.

(If you respond to this,please DO NOT call my brother any profane or nasty names)

Tact
Jul 12, 2005, 06:54 PM
Ouch. Maybe you and your sister should have a private talk. Maybe you could agree to steal all of the boxes before Trey can get to them, and then when he feels what it's like to not get anything, maybe you can work out a compromise.

InfinityXXX
Jul 12, 2005, 07:06 PM
Its gotten to the point where we'll just quit halfway. He'll just kill stuff and then make fun of our sister for being weak yet Christina, my sis, wants to do battle mode but he keeps refusing.

Tact
Jul 12, 2005, 07:22 PM
And that is because he knows he'll lose to your sister's FOness. Your brother seems like the kind of person who either seriously hates losing, or, no offense, is even afraid of it.

navci
Jul 12, 2005, 07:28 PM
The best thing to do is: well, don't play with him. Maybe after a while he will take a hint that being jerk to others make other be jerk to you too.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 12, 2005, 08:00 PM
Eh, some single player will net you more items and equipment/money pretty fast. Then you can have your share and your sister can have enough as well.

Are there times when you and your sister can play together without your bro, or is it always a three person affair?

Three player splitscreen is very cramped! With just wasted extra screen space. :/

If he needs to have all the items and money, for no reason at all, yeah that sucks. He can be hardheaded just for reasons you understand being his brother, none of us have any right to judge like you said. We don't know him, so it isn't for us to say anything wrong.

We can offer these suggestions if you know confronting him about it won't help at all.

Try not to let it bother your enjoyment of the game?
Do you guys have something like a Mario Party where everyone pretty much has an equal chance, due to the luck of rolling dice every turn?

PSO can be for item hogs, which isn't so fun. Try playing challenge mode online with someone you haven't met before- then they take every item in the game. Another player and I leave the game and the item hog asked why. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EphekZ
Jul 13, 2005, 09:42 AM
When I played PSO ( I should really start playing again) two of my freins were always item whores(keep in mind I was also a force) so just keep an eye if you see him running open up a screen leave the battle and go steal his weapon. I did that to them everytime they becam eitem whores so yea try it out =P

P.S- Remember if you dont get rid of this problem soon you'll be sorry. we did a run of ruins and I killed a drelsaber and got a buster but got ganged up on by dimenians before i could pick it up and my freind came from the other room to take it and wouldnt give it back =(

Daikarin
Jul 13, 2005, 10:57 AM
Hey, he's just a kid. I was probably the same at his age, and my brother acts the same way. Tell him the right thing to do, and don't get worked up about it, he'll eventually learn.

InfinityXXX
Jul 13, 2005, 11:30 AM
I tell him to stop but the boy is so darn arrogant that he just runs off. Whats worse is that he got a partisan. Yestersay we all started off as lv 1. Today are lvs are Me(lv12), Christina(lv11) and Trey(lv21).
Damn him!!

This morning, he shocked me, he gave me +3 Rifle. Hey, it may not seem much to you guys but now,I can actually do 20 damage to a guil shark.

Uncle_bob
Jul 14, 2005, 12:33 AM
Wow, it seems like that people named Trey are always greedy assholes. If that offended you...well, I honestly don't care.

Anyway, your brother sounds like about 90% of PSO's online population. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Hey, if he won't help you and your sister, then you shouldn't help him. Let him rot. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 14, 2005, 12:47 AM
>.<
Tonight we did battle mode...and we lost. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I think we only lost becaus of lv differences and weapons. Since he like gets all the money he gets to buy better things. We put it on battle and went to the forest and i(Ramar) equipped a brand. I told my sis to Foie him to death but it only tapped him. I think hes duping again because our plan was flawless. After he played around with us, he equipped a partisan and scooped us out.

The worse part is that he laughs in your face and parades his victory.

With this defeat I've made a fomar and when i aquire all spells and when their decent lvs hes gonna get it. Trey fails to equip things that raise his magic defense especially towards light. When i get grants, hopefully tommorow, I'll bring him down to earth.

Blitzkommando
Jul 14, 2005, 01:28 AM
Sounds like the standard 13 year old kid. Give him a year or two more of life and he will be that year or two wiser. Until then, well, you remember when you were 13, you rebelled from authority and pretty much thought you were the most important person in the universe. It's a phase, like the infamous "terrible twos". Until it ends try to avoid playing with him. And if he wises up after doing so that's great. If not, well, sibling rivalry is always an excuse for giving him a nice, "nudge".

Tact
Jul 14, 2005, 09:25 AM
On 2005-07-13 22:47, InfinityXXX wrote:
>.<
Tonight we did battle mode...and we lost. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I think we only lost becaus of lv differences and weapons.

Try a Battle Mode rule where everyone starts at level 1, or the same level.

Edit: In Battle Rules 2, 3, 4, and 6, the players all start out at the same level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2005-07-14 07:29 ]</font>