PDA

View Full Version : Stop being a bunch of pussies.

Uncle_bob
Jul 14, 2005, 12:21 AM
After the terrorist attacks in England, some news paper there reported the attacks as having been done by terrorists. But soon after, they felt that was too harshly written. They decided to simply refer to them as bombers. Now, I'm sure a lot of you have heard of this already, but I'm just reminding you and informing those that don't know.

Now if that wasn't fucking weak enough, every other god damn news source is now calling them "bombers" as well, and referring to terrorists using any sort of explosives as "bombers".

I'm sick of it. Everyone needs to stop being a bunch of cowering little pussies. Fuck political correctness. They're terrorists, not simply "bombers". And these people would gladly fight to the last man to make sure that YOU are dead. And when I say you, I mean it. If you are not with them, then they would gladly kill you if they were given the chance. They're animals, they're not worth a shit. So don't worry about "offending" them by calling them terrorists, you pussies. Grow some balls. (Or ovaries if that fits you)

Sorry, life on this planet isn't some make believe land where no one should ever be upset or offended. If we keep going in this direction, we're really gonna get fucked badly.

If you were offended by this topic, then that's good. Welcome to life.

Solstis
Jul 14, 2005, 12:46 AM
Bob, you whine far too much about simpering idiots.

You carry the attitude of one that knows the deepest secrets of the human mind, and is knowledgeable in all aspects of society. Oh my, great wise man, impart me with your sage advice. I shall now go out and endeavor to live my life by whatever rude code you've accepted.

"Terrorist" is a loosely defined term coined by the likes of politicians and the media. Yes, it is silly to change the labels like that, but I'm sure that it was done for the benefit of the populace, not the conspirators.

I'm certainly not the best person to point out the faults in others, but neither are you. Save that job for the deity of the week.

I suppose that this could be considered a personal attack, especially since I'm not consistently referring to what you speak of in this thread, but the overall gist of your past comments has garnered my attention.

Just as in Milan Kundera's novel Immortality, someone has to point out the obvious. Uncle, you're a complete ass.

Welcome to life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-07-13 22:47 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Jul 14, 2005, 12:54 AM
Umm..well, umm I don't like it when people sugarcoat things. I thinks its a bit silly to call em bombers. It reminds me of watching Jerry Springer when i was like 9 and they put their hand up and it blurs. I was 9 and i knew what gestures they were making, i think everyone did but some people get soooo offended by a gesture like this or by the media using the word"terroist" so they have no choice but to blur/call em bombers.

I haven't been watching the news lately so I haven't heard anyone use that term.

Blitzkommando
Jul 14, 2005, 01:19 AM
Oh, goodie.. Yes, they are terrorists... er, were since they blew themselves up. Terrorist, noun: One who instills terror, usually through violence. Gee, sounds like them alright. Kind of like, "insugants"? When you have a group of people who think it is right and okay to send out children with nitro strapped to them to blow up, "The Infidels"... well, obviously they have some seriously fucked up perogatives.

Uncle_bob
Jul 14, 2005, 02:55 AM
To Solstis.

You know...this is the rants section. So I can whine about idiots. :|

I may have an attitude, but I don't act like I know the deepest secrets. They're not secrets, it's common sense, yet so many people lack it.

And I fail to see how terrorist is a "loosely defined term", it points at a specific group of people and what they do. Seems pretty tight to me.
And how does it benefit the people? How does it benefit the families and friends of the victims of terr...I mean bomberist attacks? Sugar coating Isn't the way to go.

Eh, so what if it's a personal attack? I won't take it like a panzy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And yes, I am an ass -- that's a well known fact. It's part of life as well.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 14, 2005, 04:01 AM
Bah, lame Political Correctness. I wish i could meet the person who coined that term and give them an earful of abuse. Its not being Politically Correct, its just glossing over real life in the hope of not offending a few people.

These 'People' were Terrorists, they should be called Terrorists as well as scum of the earth. There is no point making it sound a little nicer as all it is doing is offending those who died.

Feelmirath
Jul 14, 2005, 08:48 AM
You wana know some other shit about "political correctness"? (This is just plain sad)
You aren't allowed to call a brainstorm a brainstorm anymore, because that's offensive to people who have brain storms (WTF?????). Now, we have to call them thought showers http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif .
I can bet you any money they'll say that's offensive to people who don't think and hate showers.

SJ
Jul 14, 2005, 09:24 AM
Amen.
That pretty much sums up how I feel, and saves me writing a rant.
I hate political correctness so much..

Daikarin
Jul 14, 2005, 09:28 AM
Lately I've been hearing a lot of this "Good" is subjective crap. That your truth may not be other's truth, and you need to respect their view of things.

To hell with it. I believe I'm right until you prove me wrong. And until you don't, my view IS considered right. I don't care about how opinions change, or how you may differ from mine.

Just because you have the right to think whatever you want, doesn't mean you're right.

People have to stop being asses refusing to believe in "Common sense" and just be wise. And no Scen, I'm not talking about you, hell no.

I'm talking about all those fools out there, demanding the right to be different and respected when they are nothing but idiots. And I'm not talking about terrorists only. I'm talking about every idiot in this world who does things that would be considered morally incorrect by the 80's or even 90's.

Yeah, sure. Get with the times, things change.

But even if everyone becomes fools, that's no reason for me or anyone else who considers it wrong, to become fools as well.

Just because something's trendy or considered natural, doesn't give me the right to abide by it if I find it incorrect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-07-14 07:44 ]</font>