PDA

View Full Version : "Are your parents rich?"

KodiaX987
Jul 15, 2005, 09:04 PM
If there is one sentence that needs to be banned from the entire universe, it has to be this one.

As soon as they see something I have. Be it the car, or the computer - any fucking thing, the question pops up.

So what if they are? So what if they aren't? Who gives a fuck either way? Whenever I hear that phrase, my mind translates it as "Are you one of those dumbass spoiled sons of bitches?"

How about that: my money isn't your business. My parents' money isn't your business. I could drive a Viper and be shit out of cash simply because I love cars or I could be ultra-rich but ride around in a trusty old Chevrolet Caprice. Nice surface reading, idiot.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 15, 2005, 09:13 PM
People are apt to being nosey and making assumptions. I don't think that's something we can avoid.

Fanta
Jul 15, 2005, 09:32 PM
On 2005-07-15 19:04, KodiaX987 wrote:

... or I could be ultra-rich but ride around in a trusty old Chevrolet Caprice. Nice surface reading, idiot.

Not likely, but you make your point.

navci
Jul 15, 2005, 09:52 PM
On 2005-07-15 19:32, Fanta wrote:

... or I could be ultra-rich but ride around in a trusty old Chevrolet Caprice. Nice surface reading, idiot.

It is every bit as likely as him running around with a car full of diamonds. It really depends of which type of rich you are, apparently. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mm. I do wonder though, I never got asked this question. Funny.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 16, 2005, 04:27 AM
I hate talking about money.
I hate hearing about money problems.
I hate hearing the infamous question of "How much money do you make?"

There really isn't any way to solve this. Just keep yourself level headed, don't complain about how much someone just spent on their new car/house/whatever.

God forbid someone worked for money once or twice, ever, instead of just parents' hand me downs in order to have something of any value.

There's always going to be something you can't afford or buy. We deal with it.

Now stop blowing through the stoplights/crosswalks and almost running me over while I'm walking to work, you egomaniacal $50,000 + car driving jerks. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Daikarin
Jul 16, 2005, 02:36 PM
When you date someone, you KNOW that your candidates for possible father and mother in law are going to want to know about that first.

That's the world we live in. Material possessions. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Who asks that, anyway? "Are your parents rich?" Sounds so childish, I haven't heard that question since pre-school.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-07-16 12:38 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jul 16, 2005, 02:56 PM
The only people that ask me that question are the ones that are that themselves, the spoiled rich snobs, or that cannot believe that I could "save up" the money. Really, not a hard concept... Yeah, so I save my money. And so what I don't go out and do what others consider 'fun' things in order to save up. To me that new computer part is far more pleasing and rewarding in the long run than seeing some movie that I could care less about.

People cannot believe other people work for things, so they assume that everyone that has something that they do not, must be rich from parents, relatives, crime, whatever. I could care less myself and it does get annoying to hear it from people constantly. I suppose it is another "lolol my dick is bigger than your dick" type of mentality.

Solstis
Jul 16, 2005, 11:27 PM
On 2005-07-15 19:32, Fanta wrote:

I once met the CEO of a company at Publix (was with my dad). He drove an old green truck.

It wasn't a small company either.

SJ
Jul 17, 2005, 09:07 AM
I think it's worse if they take the piss when they find out they are.
It happens to me alot, I just usualy respond "Better to be rich than poor."

EphekZ
Jul 18, 2005, 12:36 AM
yea I agre with ya, my freind always says" well you are richer cuz you have a house"

Of course hes to fucking ignorant to realize he has 3 cars a kick ass apartment which means he BOUGHT it and im renting.k wtf?

anyways not to jack this topic...whoever says thats goes into the pile o' noobs

BogusKun
Jul 18, 2005, 04:08 AM
I wasn't cool with lettin my dad buy everything for me... knowing I didn't work hard for it.