PDA

View Full Version : how much will pso universe costs monthly online?

trueprophecy
Jul 17, 2005, 04:53 PM
topic

Ryna
Jul 17, 2005, 04:56 PM
I don't think that has been announced yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2005-07-20 09:28 ]</font>

SJMcNic
Jul 17, 2005, 04:57 PM
im guessing 9 bucks just like all the others but ive never seen it anywhere of what it is going to be

adamgnome104
Jul 20, 2005, 01:07 PM
It should be free.

Lets just make Sonic Team use Sonic's stash of rings if they run out of money.

(Didn't anyone notice the classic RING ding noice from the sonic games in the new sonic team logo... You know you liked it. >_>)

Cynric
Jul 20, 2005, 01:25 PM
Didn't some magazine say around $13 at/near E3? My memory is bad, so correct me if this is nonsense.

Calibur
Jul 20, 2005, 01:38 PM
On 2005-07-20 11:25, Cynric wrote:
Didn't some magazine say around $13 at/near E3? My memory is bad, so correct me if this is nonsense.

you are right, Electronic Gaming Monthly said that..then again they are just a a magazine...

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 20, 2005, 01:55 PM
i wonder if pc accounts can be linked with psobb

Aunt_Betty
Jul 20, 2005, 04:45 PM
On 2005-07-20 11:55, Jonathan_F wrote:
i wonder if pc accounts can be linked with psobb

Have you been hacked?
I would guess around 10-15 USD. Since with the new things it can do and all.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 20, 2005, 09:49 PM
No i haven't been hacked.

And what i meant was can will HL pay for both PSOBB and PSU at the same time.

Blitzkommando
Jul 20, 2005, 10:11 PM
On 2005-07-20 19:49, Jonathan_F wrote:
No i haven't been hacked.

And what i meant was can will HL pay for both PSOBB and PSU at the same time.

Similar to PSO EPI&II and PSO EPIII for Gamecube you mean? That would be nice. One bill but probably two separate costs instead of a "shared" cost like GC.

Aeralea
Jul 21, 2005, 09:11 AM
It'd be nice if they could do like Guild Wars (I think that was it? - Haven't played it myself.) and have there not be a monthly fee at all. Understandable though with server costs that.. not everyone can do that : /

I'd rather pay $100 for a game upfront than have to pay a monthly fee.. But then the price to pay monthly'd add up to well over $100 before too long, no?

Ah well.

Cynric
Jul 21, 2005, 11:20 AM
To have no monthly fees like Guild Wars, they would need to release expansions every now and then to make money like Guild Wars is doing. However, looking back at PSO through the years, they'll probably do that anyway (DC, DC Ver2, Ep1&2, Ep1&2+, Ep3, JP BB, US BB).

ghost_zero
Jul 21, 2005, 02:03 PM
Well... World of Warcraft also gets expansion... so there you pay for both... expansions and monthly fee...
BUT Guild Wars and Wolrd of Warcraft are a little bit different in Guild Wars you enter a certain terrain with a group of people and until you don't get back to town you will stay with those people and don't meet other people... whereas for World of Warcraft this is different...
of course the Guild Wars concept doesn't need that much server costs than the World of Warcraft concept...
PSO at least was more like Guild Wars and should have been free... I think PSU is more like World of Warcraft , isn't it? But well: it has a big difference... PSU has also offline gameplay...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2005-07-21 12:04 ]</font>

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 03:32 AM
Well it has not been stated what the size of your group will be, if you watched one of those PS2 IGN videos, I think there was a part that looked like a lobby and a char was walking around bumping into people, now I could be wrong and that could just be like a town centre/shopping area but it looked like a lobby IMO....and if that is true, expect to see group sizes at maybe 8 or so like GW's max is, if not, maybe each world/game will be inhabited by like 54/64+ players per game created.

I would love it if it was like GW, that way, through releasing expansions every so often, they could fix coding errors and block out other stuff like V2 did with gameshark users, that and we will know that the "claimed" weekly updates thing isn't going to be a big load of ****, because they decided not to support (not 100% sure) the PS2 HDD, it can only go so far just off of DVD-Rom info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-07-22 01:33 ]</font>

Luce
Jul 31, 2005, 03:56 PM
If there were no monthly fees then no one would ever update anything on it. With saying that, no one would try to stop anyone from hacking it. No monthly fees means all hell will break loose in PSU which is what happened in a very crappy online community called graal. For the love of God dont play it.

ghost_zero
Jul 31, 2005, 04:21 PM
Guild Wars gets updated nearly weekly and has NO monthly fees and it also soon gets new territories...

It just depends on what the company is making of it...

Anyway I will sure buy PSU but if it will have monthly fee I will probably never or only a few times play it online... which also depends on the payment methods because I don't have a credit card (which is normal for Europeans, at least in Austria)...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2005-07-31 14:23 ]</font>

Cynric
Jul 31, 2005, 07:07 PM
On 2005-07-31 14:21, ghost_zero wrote:
Guild Wars gets updated nearly weekly and has NO monthly fees and it also soon gets new territories...

And the botters, scammers, and cheaters are actually IP/account banned, not just given a 24 time-out and told not to do it again.

On 2005-07-31 14:21, ghost_zero wrote:
It just depends on what the company is making of it...

We're screwed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cynric on 2005-07-31 17:07 ]</font>

_Tek_
Jul 31, 2005, 10:25 PM
I bet it'll cost about 2 hours work minimum wage, cept I have to work 30 horus a week, soooo. goodbye sleep! XD