PDA

View Full Version : PSU Articles (Translators wanted)

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 20, 2005, 01:19 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ps/psu/propaganda/psu005.jpg
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ps/psu/propaganda/psu006.jpg
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ps/psu/propaganda/psu007.jpg

therealAERO
Jul 21, 2005, 01:47 AM
from what I can see...and from what I played at e3. It would appear certain wands give you certain techs. The one at e3 gave me resta and Gifoie. Maybe you can get more techs on one wand or different wands equal different techs. Also um...Ragol.co.uk has good info on these guys.

therealAERO
Jul 21, 2005, 02:25 AM
if you want to learn japanese go here

http://www.unforgettablelanguages.com/frames_a5.html

Arislan
Jul 21, 2005, 10:40 AM
Sorry Jon, I'm going to take a pass on this one. Far too much to do with far too little time. This is mostly expository information anyway, stuff that we'll be inundated with when the US site updates with basic gameplay and the like.

As for learning Japanese through that web site.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

therealAERO
Jul 25, 2005, 04:19 AM
not to hijak the topic, but...you are just mad that they make it so easy to learn, and you had to learn the hard way. hahahahaaaaaaaa

Reenee
Jul 25, 2005, 08:59 AM
So I'm assuming you'd be able to learn the technique if you use the item long enough in a particular manner?s

Ryna
Jul 25, 2005, 09:07 AM
On 2005-07-25 02:19, therealAERO wrote:
not to hijak the topic, but...you are just mad that they make it so easy to learn, and you had to learn the hard way. hahahahaaaaaaaa

Jonathan F is looking for people that already knows Japanese. It doesn't do him any good if he has to wait several months for someone to learn the language.

Anyways, Arislan is very good at what he does, so I wouldn't make fun of his translation abilities.

Now then, let's get back on topic.

therealAERO
Jul 25, 2005, 07:36 PM
Ryna that is freaking hilarious!! "He doesn't want to wait a few months for his translations" I'm sorry the way you said it made me laugh.

Tomeeboy
Jul 25, 2005, 07:52 PM
That web site is pretty funny, in a "wow, you sure make it sound easy" kinda way http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I love this line:
"Click to Speak Japanese" ... lol.

*click* Woah! I know Japanese!

Saffran
Jul 26, 2005, 08:29 AM
Yes, it looks like random info.

This months Famitsuu Choice award: Phantasy Star Universe.

PS2 software, release this winter, network function, RPG. Size unknown. Chief Producer Yuuji Naka, producer Miyoshi Takeo? (not sure about the name)

Character description:
Hyuga Ryght. Human, age 17.
In the same academic year at the Guardians Training School as the hero Ethan, he always competes with him over the title of the best fencer of the school. He's often flirting with the girls, so people think lightly of him, but at heart he is a verious person, and a prodigy at that.

"Phantasy Star Universe" presents a huge story sketching the journey over 3 planets. In this RPG, you are a member of Guardians, an interplanetory defense group protecting the weak as the world falls prey to the danger.
This time, we got infos about new allies, as well as about a mysterioys character related to the enigmas of the plot. We will fuirthermore show a part of the interface, who has been further developed since the last incarnation. We will also direct your attention to the high graphic quality.

(ensues character descriptions, these should be old, I'll snap them)

Second page:

The mysterious man holding the key to the plot: Magasi

In our issue of the 24th of June, we had shown a few pics of this mysterious character. We learned a bit more about him! His name is Renvolt Magasi. He is part of the Alliance Army, a military organization within the bounds of the Graal Solar System.
Once, Ethan and co accept a mision about protcting a scientist within the Relics, and to that occasion, they meet Masagi, who is trying to bring the scientist back by force. The scientist - who is also the client of this mission - had escaped Masagi's unit. After this incident, Masagi ends up on Ethan's path every so often.

Renvolt Magasi -note from me his mag looks vaguely like the Elenor Mag, don't you think? -
Race: Cast
Age 67
Alliance Army

The Alliance Army is a military organization within the Graal Solar System. Within the Army, a special unit called "Endoram" was created to investigate, archive and control the ancient ruins "Relics". He is the leader of this organization. Not being in the army, he doesn't have a rank. He loves fighting more than anything else, and is known as a kind of fanatical soldier. He readily exacts other unofficial orders for the organization.

Photo up: The Alliance Army is a very strong unit, who can stop any armed conflict by force very easily. However, Magasi is extremely strong enough all alone...

Photo down: His speech manners are extremely polite, yet he is very oppressive. The first impression is that he's one of the lowest bastards around.
Karen seems to be discussing things with him very calmly, all the while keeping Ethan in check, who can't agree with the situation. However, Masagi is threatening even her.

Check: the ambiguous relations betwen the Alliance Army and the Guardians
The Alliance Army is a military organization protecting peace within the Graal Solar System. In contrast, the Guardians are a civilian police, acting to protect people on a case-by-case basis, depending on the individual contracts, from aggressions and threats. However, the Alliance Army has much more powers and rights, so sometimes, Ethan will have to turn his cases over to the Army. Yet Masagi's acts show very unnatural things. Is he friend or foe?

Techniques:
The magic system of the Saga, called "technique", is still there. This time around you will need to use up "Photon Points" to use them. You can start using some techs after you reach a certain level requisite. Once your Photon Points reach 0, you can't use them anymore. Each weapon allows for a certain amount of Photon Points, so depending on your equipment you can cast different kinds of spells. In this issue we will tell you about the attack techniques, one kind among the three kinds of techniques (being attack techs, healing techs and supporting techs).

Photo: Good old Rabarta. This time around you lock an ennemy and can sometimes freeze him.

third

Photos:
Gifoie, for when you're surrounded.
Gizonde and Zonde. Both have very different attributes, so learn their patterns.
Some magic will rip the ground apart, let your wands throw flames, of use gravity to have the ennemies all converge in a group inflict damage upon them.

Your group will change in flow with story:
This time around the stroy is preset and separated into defined chapters. Depending on the part of the story, your party size and members will change. That's why you should always pay attention to your party status. Since these changes occur often right after some unexpected turn of events, you will steadily play with the fear of your best character leaving the party the party at the worst moment.

case 1: Truce between Guardians and Thefts?
In this scene, you were fighting alone, and two characters come to help you. No Vol and Do Vol are thefts that decide to help you, as unknown monsters appear and start attacking the townspeople.
Photo: Now you have 3 times more firepower and can easily dispatch the ennemies. It's nice to have comrades.

Case 2: At the ancient ruins, Relics
During your mission protecting the doctor, a large group of ennemies will appear, forcing yor group of 4 people to separate into two units. Ethan will run away with the doc, while Hyuga and Karen try to stop the monsters. You will have to fight your way out with the Doc behind you.
Photo: He's not much of a fighter, but will assist you in combat. Adapt your strategy to his abilities.

That about sums it up.

Nash
Jul 26, 2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the translation, very interesting!

Saigan
Jul 26, 2005, 10:14 AM
FFIX ability system?

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 26, 2005, 11:11 AM
I'm not finding a takeo miyoshi anywhere. Anyway, thanks for the translations. Actually I did try learning, but the class just moved too fast and I have learning disabilities, so I'll probably end up hiring a translator later in life.

Dhylec
Jul 26, 2005, 12:21 PM
Techniques:
The magic system of the Saga, called "technique", is still there. This time around you will need to use up "Photon Points" to use them. You can start using some techs after you reach a certain level requisite. Once your Photon Points reach 0, you can't use them anymore. Each weapon allows for a certain amount of Photon Points, so depending on your equipment you can cast different kinds of spells. In this issue we will tell you about the attack techniques, one kind among the three kinds of techniques (being attack techs, healing techs and supporting techs).

interesting part here..
seems like they made techs dependent on weapons alot more now

somehow, this system of photon pt doesn't surprise me..
where have i seen this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-07-26 10:29 ]</font>

Saffran
Jul 26, 2005, 01:21 PM
Googling, I have found lots of interviews of Miyoshi Takao about precisely PSU. I wasn't that far off...

Uncle_bob
Jul 26, 2005, 04:28 PM
Ungh. *twitch* So we can't use techs unless we use certain weapons? :/

Reenee
Jul 26, 2005, 05:04 PM
I'd say that'd make things hard. I'm guessing PP is for the character, not the weapon, so it can be refillable. Why would Sonic Team force you to gather up a bunch of the same item so you don't go dry on magic, especially on vital things like Resta? And how about all that Meseta you'd be gathering up from selling the items, making things easier (UNLESS the buyer you're selling to lowers the price detects that the item is no longer magically capable)?

RoninJoku
Jul 26, 2005, 09:20 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure I dig the photon points portion... But we will have to see...

Sharkyland
Jul 26, 2005, 10:08 PM
Photon points? Is that like materia in weapons like in FFVII?

kazuma56
Jul 27, 2005, 12:36 AM
The PP system sounds like an evolved version of .hacks system of learning spells and attacks.....I don't think I like this system, but I guess only time will tell.