PDA

View Full Version : Which are you planning to play?

-Axel-
Jul 20, 2005, 09:20 PM
With Gc BB and the upcoming PSU, wich are you planing to play and left?
- -
edit: can't you please at least make the title a bit more understandable instead of ,,,,, (>?

edit: fixed typos in Title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-07-20 19:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-07-20 19:46 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jul 20, 2005, 09:49 PM
Uncle plans on buying it for his PS2, because it's already neglected. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blitzkommando
Jul 20, 2005, 09:55 PM
On 2005-07-20 19:20, -Axel- wrote:

I'm assuming you mean, "With GC, BB, and the upcoming PSU, which are you planning to play and which one(s) will you leave?" So I will answer it that way.

I'm planning on keeping with Blue Burst for a while and seeing that PSU doesn't come out for another year and a half yet, it is hard to say how I will get it. However, I will be playing the PC version in any case.

Arislan
Jul 20, 2005, 10:19 PM
Blue Burst till PSU comes out, then I'll be data mining it for all it's worth. Depending on how much I like it, could drop BB or not.

Given that I'm also playing WoW, Gunz, and will be playing CoV when that comes out, I think my time is pretty well taken up. Not to mention that a couple people want me on FFXI......

VioletSkye
Jul 20, 2005, 10:35 PM
I'll definitely get PSU for PC and hopefully it provides me with as much addictive fun and time consuming goodness as PSO has over the years. I started a char on the US BB beta but I have better pc games to play and I can't see paying for what is essentially the same game as the one I own for GC (btw this isn't a knock against BB at all so simmer down http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Anyway, I am hugle excited for PSU, and as far as I'm concerned it can't come out soon enough. And to be completely honest, I think it should do very well commercially and that means fresh new blood for these forums. Yes we will get our share of new, obnoxious noobs and flaming little children, but we will also get tons of cool new people and I'm really looking forward to seeing lots of new faces when the game finally ships http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dana
Jul 20, 2005, 10:57 PM
GC...then BB....the PCPSU.....

but, well have to see whats better later!

RoninJoku
Jul 21, 2005, 01:29 AM
PSU for the PC if I get a new one by then... Otherwise I will settle for the PS2 version...

Tomeeboy
Jul 21, 2005, 01:35 AM
After making the mistake of buying FFXI for PS2 (with the hard drive) and then seeing how much better the PC version looked, I think I will probably get the PC version of PSU http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stan
Jul 21, 2005, 03:35 AM
Since my computer can't handle BB, I'll stick with GC untill PSU comes out.

Curiosity
Jul 21, 2005, 10:34 AM
Kinda depends on when everything is released in relation to each other... Since, as far as I know, nothing is confirmed other than general time frames I kinda needa wait and see. Although I'll likely get the PC version. However it may mean my having to upgrade something in the process... (The link I followed for PC requirements took me to the exact same page that I followed the link from, go figure... -__-; ) Til then though, BB as much as I'm able. Then as for after it comes out... Dunno yet...

Bot-Bot
Jul 21, 2005, 11:19 AM
I'm gonna be rocking on my new PC when PSU comes out (btw, I'll have it pre-ordered http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

As Violet said, it can't come out soon enough. I have been waiting since I first heard of it, and ever since been watsing away because I don't have it yet. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hopefully, like ST said in EGM's article, there will be much more effort put in to stop hacking, and that is a big plus for me. (hackers = bah)

Cynric
Jul 21, 2005, 11:27 AM
BB and Guild Wars have always been my timekiller until PSU comes out. When it does I'll be getting the PC version and crossing my fingers that the PC servers are seperate from the PS2 servers (can't plug an AR into a PC).

shinobu_seta
Jul 21, 2005, 11:54 AM
On 2005-07-21 09:27, Cynric wrote:
BB and Guild Wars have always been my timekiller until PSU comes out. When it does I'll be getting the PC version and crossing my fingers that the PC servers are seperate from the PS2 servers (can't plug an AR into a PC).

Actually didn't they confirm in an article that they would be running the PC and PS2 servers together, much like FFXI? Big mistake if you ask me...

Bot-Bot
Jul 21, 2005, 12:06 PM
On 2005-07-21 09:54, shinobu_seta wrote:

On 2005-07-21 09:27, Cynric wrote:

Actually didn't they confirm in an article that they would be running the PC and PS2 servers together, much like FFXI? Big mistake if you ask me...

Yes, the servers will be shared.

Say Hi to AR, PC gamers http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zuljin
Jul 21, 2005, 03:01 PM
All games should be on PCs, so I'm playing the PC version. I haven't played any version of PSO in years, and I'm not playing BB.

trueprophecy
Jul 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
im glad they will be connected more people the better plus when i played FF11 some of the best people where from the ps2 becuase the controller > PC

DarK-SuN
Jul 21, 2005, 04:09 PM
I'll get PSU for the PC; controller is not a problem in my case since I have a PC game pad, it's what I already use with PSOBB.

Glad the servers will be shared; considering that your online characters are not saved in your memory card, I'm sure cheating will be more controlled, just like with PSOBB.

Bot-Bot
Jul 21, 2005, 06:07 PM
speaking of controllers, do you think a PC gamepad that is basically a PS2 controller except for the PC would work well?

Arislan
Jul 21, 2005, 06:11 PM
Works fine for PSO.

Saigan
Jul 21, 2005, 07:09 PM
Actually if its done right AR won't be a problem since data will all be server side for multiplayer characters. I have seen no hacking whatsoever on FFXI to this day. Worst thing going on is Gil selling and bots.

Longtime_play
Jul 21, 2005, 07:23 PM
im glad the PC and PS2 servers are together it means i can finally play with the buddies i have talked to on PSOW, at the mo i play EU PSOX and that sucks because everyone is either from the US or theyplay GC, so yay.

i do hope there aint much hacking tho. (i speak for all probably)

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 03:15 AM
Cynric, you play GW, i play that and BB as time wasters till PSU as well.

As Violet said, PSU couldn't come out sooner, I can't wait for this game to come out, I'll be playing it on my PS2, Because I'm not spending 300-400 dollars just to make my POS PC handle a game my PS2 can, graphics never meant much to me, and if anything, i'll see the PC version on my friends PC anyhow.

And the controller is also a huge plus for me, I'm having slight control problems on BB due to no controller but its something that I'm responsible for as well, because I don't wanna spend 20+ dollars for a USB controller for 1 game.

DarK-SuN
Jul 22, 2005, 11:29 AM
Spend 10$ instead in a PS2 to PC adapter and you can use your PS2 controllers with your PC, works like a charm I assure you.

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 10:36 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that I would have to upgrade/change my motherboard to something that has an AGP slot or PCI-E slot, then have to buy a video card that is within the requirements of PSU (probably like a Geforce 6800 or something), and then turn around and have to wait for this PS2-PC adaptor to arrive to have a complete PS(O) experience on my PC.

Now for my PS2, all i need to do is buy a 50 or so dollar network adapter, and a router and i'm ready to play.

Now of you were talking about BB, i'm still not sure about the PC-PS2 controller thing, I don't have my own CC ATM and don't know where to search for one.

Rubius-sama
Jul 23, 2005, 03:05 PM
Playing BB now. Will be getting PSU for PC. Can never say no to hi-res eye-candy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif PSU for PC will most likely get updates and patches via donwloads like BB currently does (can fix many bugs and glitches). While PS2 users will have to wait and buy a "PSUv2" disc several months later...lucky console players http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Split
Jul 23, 2005, 10:49 PM
On 2005-07-20 19:20, -Axel- wrote:
- -
edit: can't you please at least make the title a bit more understandable instead of ,,,,, (>?

edit: fixed typos in Title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-07-20 19:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-07-20 19:46 ]</font>
BB isn't for gamecube, contemptable shrew!!

Reenee
Jul 23, 2005, 10:53 PM
PCs are crap and Intel-equipped Macs won't come any sooner so it'll be PS2 for meh.

SubstanceD
Jul 24, 2005, 12:43 PM
Phantasy Star Universe on the Playstation 2.

I am vaguely interested in PSOBB since it has Episode 4 but I just can't play games on the PC. It doesn't come naturally to me. Seeing as how PSU is the next Online Phantasy Star game that will be apearing on a console it stands to reason that PSU is the next game in the series that I will be playing. I'm afraid that I won't be playing PSOBB at all.

Zelutos
Jul 24, 2005, 06:45 PM
PSU for my PS2, naturally n.n

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 24, 2005, 08:04 PM
I don't have a PS2 and since PS3 comming out next year anyway, it'd be a waste of money to go out and buy an older PS2, a memory card, the HDD, and BBA for it. The only thing standing in my way for the PC version is the requirement of a better video card.

kazuma56
Jul 25, 2005, 01:41 AM
On 2005-07-23 13:05, Rubius-sama wrote:
Playing BB now. Will be getting PSU for PC. Can never say no to hi-res eye-candy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif PSU for PC will most likely get updates and patches via donwloads like BB currently does (can fix many bugs and glitches). While PS2 users will have to wait and buy a "PSUv2" disc several months later...lucky console players http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

If its anything like the old PSOs, most quests and stuff are already stored in the disc so all the game will be doing is "uploading" the data off the disc to the game... as for patches and stuff, they probably won't amount to much, probably like 126+ kb or something, nothing an 8mb or even those 20+ mb mem.cards can't handle.

BWS-1
Jul 25, 2005, 02:10 AM
I'm definitly getting the PC version of PSU. No PS2 out there would be able to last the amount of hours I'm planning on putting on that game (my DC is still alive after having run for often 16 hours of PSO to a total of 1900 hours).

Sharkyland
Jul 25, 2005, 03:16 AM
I already got the storyline from BB, so I quit that. EpIV was nice, but... it's pretty short and the rares, well everyone is going to find them REALLY soon (different images for weapons, raises this this and that, and super thingie of this). I'll be playing GC until PSU comes out (will get PS2 or PS3). Hope the harddrive is easy to connect.

DarK-SuN
Jul 25, 2005, 01:14 PM
Sharkyland, PSU doesn't use the PS2 hard-drive.

Rubesahl
Jul 25, 2005, 01:27 PM
Err, it seems like some ppl dont know that PSU for PS2 will not use the HDD. Either it'll download patches to the mem card or no patches at all ^_^;; Which is sad really. Where did I get this info? Interview with naka san in EGM PSU issue.

I'll obviously get it for PC. I'm all for superb graphics ^o^ Really looking forward to see how my ATI x800 handles it. It handles BB extremely well. Silky smooth with 6x anti aliasing and 16x anisotropic filtering O_o;; I wonder what will happen if i activate temporal AA -goes and tries- As for controller, I bought one at compusa that i can connect to my PC AND my PS2 lmao I play BB with it and it works extremely well. Got it set up like GC PSO -sniff- For me the GC controller will always be the ideal PSO controller ><;;

I'll stay in BB and Guild Wars and then I'll stop BB and PSU ALL THE WAY!!! XD

-looks above- that wasnt there when i started typing lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-07-25 11:34 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jul 27, 2005, 11:33 PM
Well, I'm pretty much done with PSO GC, and I don't plan to get PSO BB, even though it's now in English, but I do plan on getting PSU when it comes out. By then, I will hopefully have a computer more than capable of running it.

Paying for any online fees (if there ARE any, that is) shouldn't be too much of a problem, since I don't play any P2P games. Of course, if they ever start requiring a fee to play GunZ: The Duel...>_<;

But yes, I do plan on getting PSU when it comes out.

_Tek_
Jul 28, 2005, 12:42 AM
I'm done until PSU comes out, but since I got a job now, about 2 hours works would pay for PSO-BB online, but my pc sucks, I have to play teh game on teh lowest settings, and who the hell has time to play when you got a job? Such contradictions...