PDA

View Full Version : So what do we know for sure about the game?

googles
Jul 20, 2005, 11:01 PM
Platforms:
-Playstation 2
-PC
Release Dates:
- Japan : December 2005
- United States : Feburary 2006It is unknown for sure if the PC and PS2 versions will be released at the same time.

Main characters:
-Ethan Webber
-Karen Ella
-Hyuga Ryght
-Tonnio Rhima
-Leogini S.B.
-Lou

-Players will be able to travel back and forth between the three planets of the Grail universe.
-The plants names are Parum, Neudaiz and Moatoob.
-Player-controlled vehicles.
-Two different RPGs in one package.
-Online mode supporting up to 6 players in a game.
-Offline mode, 40 hours of single-player exploration.
-Gameplay relatively similar to PSO
-Characters can dual wield different weapons
-A massive overworld with more than 20 different dungeons
-15 gigantic bosses.
-Plan to include additional downloadable content for several years.
-Guns can/are fired in a 1st person perspective, but without the ability to stafe(move side to side, front to back)
-Does not need the support of the PS2 HD(Hard Drive)
-Much more fluid attack animations
-Brand new enemies in addition to old staples such as the Rag Rappy
-mags have been replaced by bots called partner machinery which are capable of battle and creating items.
-races include: Humans, Casts, Newmans, and Beasts
-deeper character creation. Can now change color of clothes, eyes, lips, hair and shoes.
-Lobbys from PSO have been replaced with huge citys in PSU
-You can customize different skills into your weapon, which will add different abilitys to it, like shooting fire or being able to do a 6 hit combo.
-Dungeon layouts and enemy spawn points change based on the time of day you enter the dungeon.

Feel free to add to the list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2005-09-13 19:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2005-09-19 22:39 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Jul 20, 2005, 11:39 PM
Other main characters include:
Hyuga Ryght - Human
Leogini Santosa Berafort - Leo
Mirei Mikuna - Newman

-mags have been replaced by bots which are capable of battle.
-races include: Humans, Casts, Newmans, and Beasts
-deeper character creation. Can now change color of clothes, eyes, lips, hair and shoes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-07-20 21:48 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 21, 2005, 12:28 AM
Is it really still Feb 2006? Or is it Winter 2006?

-Guns can/are fired in a 1st person perspective, but without the ability to stafe(move side to side, front to back)

-Much more fluid attack animations

-Brand new enemies in addition to old staples such as the Rag Rappy

Tomeeboy
Jul 21, 2005, 01:07 AM
Well, some online retailers are accepting pre-orders already and saying that the ship date is 2/1/2006. However, I've seen the same retailers do that with other games, only to change it when they find out their ship date is off by 6 months http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So, I guess that it's Feb. '06 for now. Only time will tell if that holds true.

RoninJoku
Jul 21, 2005, 01:32 AM
You forgot the character-

Renvolt Magasi, the notorious Cast that has been seen around the backgrounds since that EGM article...

His bio wasn't on that last IGN article... But you can find it on the Japanese site! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

XenOmega
Jul 23, 2005, 08:01 PM
-Online mode supporting up to 65 players in a game.
Does this mean 65 People in 1 game ( as in like creating a team online? )

RoninJoku
Jul 23, 2005, 10:51 PM
I really don't think it will support 65 people for a combat situation... I think if anything, that number refers to a lobby situation... But anyway, has ST really confirmed any numbers yet???

Split
Jul 23, 2005, 10:59 PM
Sorry but holy shit why do people keep changing their names? I've heard thousands of different variations on the main characters' freaking names, which are actually(EXACTLY according to the website) Ethan Waber, Karen Erra, Leogini Santosa Berfort, Hyuga Ryght, and Renvolt Magashi. Finally got that one out of my system...and even though above 4 people is good, 65 people in one game would suck unless there were a lot of enemies to kill (and ST has confirmed that the number was much lower than that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-07-23 21:02 ]</font>

XenOmega
Jul 24, 2005, 08:31 AM
Lol, ok. But, The PS2 version may get hackers aagin. Because AR is for the ps2, meaning codes will be released. So does this mean the PC is more safer choice?

Nash
Jul 24, 2005, 09:52 AM
They managed to detect the Action Replay in the past and you couldn't go online if it was running. But the problem was people used it offline, took advantage of tricks with the save system, or edited their savefiles, and then went online anyway. There was a lot of ways to 'hack' PSO in the past, not just the Action Replay.

With the offline mode in PSU being completely different, and no save files to edit because of server-side saving in the online game, if they can detect the Action Replay like before then PSU should be ok on PS2.

As PS2 and PC players are likely to be playing together, hacks on one will affect the others anyway.

_Tek_
Jul 26, 2005, 05:23 PM
Plus since they removed offline play, they've gone ahead and made a better story mode to keep offline mode worthwhile. Even though we play as that certain main character offline, I'm sure there will still be customization for his apearance, if not, oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-07-26 15:24 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Jul 28, 2005, 05:04 PM
Looks like the map in the top right corner of the screen is just like PSO.

Ashimayu
Aug 2, 2005, 06:14 AM
From Clips that Ive seen it looks like your able to weild 2 weapons at the same time. eg. a saber in one hand and a gun in the other.....which would make combomations of moves much more interesting than in PSO

Nash
Aug 2, 2005, 10:51 AM
Yes dual-wielding is definitely in, allowing you to hold different weapons in each hand.

From watching the trailers, there's also a new lock-on system as well. You can lock-on to an enemy Zelda-style. This will let you circle an enemy and back away without turning round.

Together with the new 6-hit combo system, these changes should add a lot more strategy and variety to the combat compared to PSO.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 7, 2005, 09:20 PM
where does it say dec 2005? sega.co.jp is reporting winter as well

Stricker
Aug 12, 2005, 07:12 AM
And are all the classes available again? (online character creation i mean) Cause I have only seen sabers and swords in all the videos i have seen so far. I havent seen a single Fo and those are my favorites!

DarK-SuN
Aug 12, 2005, 11:18 PM
On 2005-08-12 05:12, Stricker wrote:
And are all the classes available again? (online character creation i mean) Cause I have only seen sabers and swords in all the videos i have seen so far. I havent seen a single Fo and those are my favorites!

No classes, you have the races and all the races can do a bit of everything, stat and evolution depending of course; you just adapt them to your play style the way you want, so if you want a FO just focus on techniques and weapons that help you with casting with your character and you're all set.

Sakuyarules
Aug 17, 2005, 03:58 PM
do we know if it will require at least dsl internet like BB did?

DarK-SuN
Aug 17, 2005, 08:51 PM
What? o_O
PSOBB didn't require a broadband connection, three friends of mine play it and they only have dialup (one of them still stuck with a 32k modem); sure, the one with the 32k modem lags a tad, but he can still play, while the 56k modem ones can play it just fine.

It's safe to assume PSU will also be playable with dialup, even if it may lag a bit in relation to broadband connections like Cable and DSL.

Sakuyarules
Aug 22, 2005, 04:59 AM
oh what?! dam it said it required dsl T_T. kk ty.

Nash
Aug 22, 2005, 09:16 AM
I think they've said PSU is broadband only.

With the changes to the combat system, and the huge lobbies etc. it does seem likely.

Bot-Bot
Aug 24, 2005, 08:08 PM
To what Nash was talking about earlier (AR and such). The trick from PSO where you can use it offline then switch over to online after your character has been saved on your mem. card, is NOT possible on PSU if you think about it.

What I mean is, for PSU there is a seperate offline story and character, so you could not change your online character anywhere but online, right? But, sinice they can detect the AR usage it would stop them from using AR for online characters at all. That is if the AR detection is used in PSU at all.

Tonkatsu
Aug 28, 2005, 12:31 AM
so it should be safe to assume there is no inter-connecting of the PS2 and PC servers? i don't know if i skipped a detail somewhere. but i would imagine that'd bring all hell to the game with gameshark and codebreaker and such.

Bot-Bot
Aug 28, 2005, 05:06 PM
On 2005-08-27 22:31, Tonkatsu wrote:
so it should be safe to assume there is no inter-connecting of the PS2 and PC servers? i don't know if i skipped a detail somewhere. but i would imagine that'd bring all hell to the game with gameshark and codebreaker and such.

Actually, as far as I'm aware, there will be connected servers. But, I don't think we will have much trouble with gameshark and such, do to online will have server-side saving and you can't edit your character offline.

Correct me if things have changed.

BogusKun
Sep 6, 2005, 02:58 PM
On 2005-07-24 06:31, XenOmega wrote:
Lol, ok. But, The PS2 version may get hackers aagin. Because AR is for the ps2, meaning codes will be released. So does this mean the PC is more safer choice?

The PC is the invention of hacking.

PC can hack consoles.

Rion772
Sep 18, 2005, 03:30 PM
i didnt bother reading everyones posts..not 2 sound like an idiot but i only have one question and that is can you customize the main character at all?

I don't know much about this crazy, crazy worl but I do know this...Phantasy Star is amazing

_Tek_
Sep 21, 2005, 09:35 PM
Its still uncertain if you'll be able to customize ethen and the rest in offline story mode.

Reenee
Sep 21, 2005, 10:04 PM
On 2005-07-20 21:01, googles wrote:

I think this needs rephrasing. I believe Sonic Team still hasn't decided to support the HDD yet.

Also, weren't the levels and enemy spawns going to be randomized?

DarK-SuN
Sep 21, 2005, 10:11 PM
On 2005-09-21 20:04, Reenee wrote:
Also, weren't the levels and enemy spawns going to be randomized?

Correct, an interview to a Sonic Team developer states it.

Shadowhanto
Sep 22, 2005, 03:48 PM
Will there be male Newman? I don't remember seeing any...at all...

Rion772
Oct 12, 2005, 05:23 AM
Yes there will be a male Newman.

-We also know the PM's can level up, change form, and fight with you in combat.

Rei-San
Oct 30, 2005, 11:43 AM
I learned you can ride veicals.

Roguearthur
Oct 30, 2005, 05:36 PM
umm, anybody know how much the cost is like monthly?

F-o-x
Nov 8, 2005, 08:04 PM
They haven't set a cost yet but I think its safe to assume anywhere from $7-$15 per month. Thats just my assumption though.

Sharkyland
Nov 10, 2005, 12:12 AM
According to the-magicbox.com:

(12/22/05) Phantasy Star Universe [Sega]

DamonKatu
Nov 24, 2005, 04:11 PM
On 2005-11-09 21:12, Sharkyland wrote:
According to the-magicbox.com:

(12/22/05) Phantasy Star Universe [Sega]

yea, but thats jp. They are still setting up the other langages. Many other players are still fussing about psu sence its not coming out for the xbox 360 nor the revolution. Why would sega and sonic team not set the game on the other systems? (asking out of curiousity, not in anger or protest). And fot the Pc, what are the system requirements??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2005-11-26 13:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2005-11-26 13:57 ]</font>

Sitka
Nov 29, 2005, 07:40 PM
We were all told that PSOBB would not allow cheating and it, like every other version of PSO, is rampant with cheaters.

PSU will be no different. I will be shocked if they control cheating/hacking/duping as they have failed to do so in any version of PSO thus far.

Question I have, do we know if PSU will support live chat like we have/had on xbox?

Phaesphora
Nov 29, 2005, 08:32 PM
Well, one thing that sucks is that Sega Direct will not take pre-orders if you do not live in Japan. ö_ô

Express airmail is a b----. Still, only 80 more days!

DamonKatu
Nov 30, 2005, 11:24 AM
That really cool but 80 days is just too long for me. goo luck with that.

dark_shadox
Dec 1, 2005, 02:47 AM
is there gonna be offline multiplayer?

DamonKatu
Dec 6, 2005, 01:52 PM
no

Ryna
Dec 7, 2005, 09:12 AM
Since this thread has become outdated and rather unwieldly, I am going to lock it. Please use LoveJuice's FAQ if you have a question about the game:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=106082&forum=20&1