PDA

View Full Version : so many choices... {character thread}

Skuda
Jul 21, 2005, 12:14 AM
Alright, with the brand new race to choose from, and no set classes, which Race ,sex and battle style will you choose for your first character and why?

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 21, 2005, 12:52 AM
HUcast. strong and simple, and now able to heal with Resta.

Zelutos
Jul 21, 2005, 12:57 AM
Human, male, gunslinger.

Why? Because i can http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skuda
Jul 21, 2005, 12:59 AM
I think I'm going to stick with the male Human.

bust out a pair of claws and rip and slash till the sun goes down!

Berserker Style!

RoninJoku
Jul 21, 2005, 01:22 AM
Male Newman, with an emphasis on melee attacking... I just hope it won't be too hard to turn the "FO" race of the game into a HU...

Nai_Calus
Jul 21, 2005, 01:28 AM
If I bother, it will of course be my old standby. A human male mage-type. XP

They had BETTER have it so you can make them with long hair and dorky robes. >o At the LEAST a goofy cape. XP

Dana
Jul 21, 2005, 02:52 AM
Newman Female???

Cast looks so scary...
:'(

*huge cute RAcaseal*
*IS held by cute HUcast*
*love Friendly HUcaseal*
*is lovingly Crushed by RAcast*

Those new CASTS look......*can't even say it*

THEY ARE EVIL I TELL YOU

EVIL

Kaio666
Jul 21, 2005, 05:17 AM
probably gonna play as a cast. hucaseal or the PSU equal most likely. any more screens then the ones posted in the character thread?

Curiosity
Jul 21, 2005, 10:23 AM
"Tradition" wins out for me here, I've gotta go with the PSU equivalent of a FOnewearl. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Since my first days on DC, it's always been my first char and likely will be as well. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I think the only real "problem" for me here is deciding on what version to get... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Cynric
Jul 21, 2005, 11:24 AM
I've played a ranger for five years, so now I want a change. My first character in PSO will be a human/hunter. Unless, of course, they turn out like HUmars (every n00b, hacker, and their mothers use them), in which case I may go with a cast/hunter.

Bot-Bot
Jul 21, 2005, 11:29 AM
I want to be one of those beasty people (forgot their name) because they look like pure concentrated ownage! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zuljin
Jul 21, 2005, 03:04 PM
Metal all the way.. "HUcast" to start off with, then I'm not sure. I might give the Beast race a try if they actually look like animals.

astuarlen
Jul 21, 2005, 04:08 PM
Female human, specializing in melee. I've always wanted to be a "HUmarl". http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarK-SuN
Jul 21, 2005, 04:14 PM
Hmmm, undecided at this point, mostly because I first want to see what options we're given when creating a Cast.

But, ignoring that, I have plans for a male newman, a female newman, a male human and a Cast.
I'll aim for close range with all of them (with some technique skills for the female newman), but still have a nice long range weapon in hand.

ColonD
Jul 21, 2005, 04:25 PM
Maybe a lady Cast or Lady Newman.
Either of course, being attacker types.
Maybe a side of magic.

EJ
Jul 21, 2005, 05:34 PM
A fomar class type character that I will focus on ata, atp and mst. Plus I will wield two claws http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Saiffy
Jul 21, 2005, 05:44 PM
How many characters can you make? I thought it was 4(In which case I'd make on of each race)...So, going from my assumption(Classes or whatever not chosen yet <_<)

Saiffy-Cast
Raz-Human(Cause, Ryan is so dorky, my initials are cool)
Ubis-Newman(Yeah, Ubisius is a human in PSO, eat me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
?-Beast(Haven't thought of a name yet...)

Yeah, I've had most planned out for awhile... I've come up with a few names for beast, but I dunno... I know when PJ gets back he'll be sure to share all his characters XP

Chances are all my characters will be male... Simply because for Saiffy... That's just my thing, always been a big hawt robawt, always will be. Raz.. Again, it's initials of my name... So chances are he'll resemble me(Except a million times cooler XD). Maybe I'll make a female newman though(Time to let Ubisius rest maybe?)... And of course, I don't know about beast yet, but a female beast it like... @_@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-07-21 15:49 ]</font>

Saigan
Jul 21, 2005, 07:27 PM
FOmar type caster: support techs... hopefully equippable with a big*** sword >_<

Fossil
Jul 21, 2005, 07:54 PM
Male Ranger, whoever it may be.

Blitzkommando
Jul 21, 2005, 08:22 PM
They had better still have the berets and cavalry pants for female humans still... The equal of a RAmarl of course. HUnewearl equal a beast, though I would be interrested to see a female beast type... Hopefully they don't look like Miss. Olympia...

And yeah, what is with all the horns on the cast types now? They do look evil, wtf.

adamgnome104
Jul 21, 2005, 08:47 PM
I'd love to make a badass beast character to pound the crap out of stuff. <_< http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'd love to make a referance to PSO or the old Phantasy Star games, maybe something obscure instead of a Nei and Ash... well I should make an Ash as a joke.

I want a little girl Human character too like the one that's the main characters syster.

Oh man too much to choose from I'll spend hours at the character thing.

Beast Class and Newman Class look cool. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Saigan
Jul 21, 2005, 09:49 PM
Who the heck is Ash?

You should totally do a beast character and name him Gryz. That'd be pimp.

Eanae
Jul 21, 2005, 10:37 PM
If i even get the game, female human most likely with no specific speciality. <3 the battle mages. (addicted to paladin type from ffxi) ^-^

Cynric
Jul 22, 2005, 12:29 AM
After seeing this (http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/r-kun/collage.jpg) in the pic thread, I'm leaning more towards cast. Something badass with wings or giant arms or something. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Uncle_bob
Jul 22, 2005, 01:19 AM
Expect Uncle to return as a the equivalents of a racast and fomarl. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 02:57 AM
Depending on how the go about the whole class system, i'll be a Hunter/Ranger character (if its primary and secondary class type structure),For the last 5 years, I've always been playing my Ramar as a substitute Hunter many times so i'll be going blades first, guns second this time around.

PJ
Jul 22, 2005, 07:24 PM
Ashura, Human, FOmar style (Part melee, part casting)

Gold, Beast, HUmar style (As in, play like a HUmar)

Yuuko, Newman, FOnewearl style (All casting I assume)

And... some android. Probably Laser Chao if my hopes of playing Episode 4 never become real (RAcast gun style)

I know they don't have them setup as FOmar/FOnewearl/HUmar/whatever, but that's how I'll play/raise them.

_Tek_
Jul 23, 2005, 01:38 AM
I'm still uncertain if their will be a job system along with the race system. It may just be the races only. Humans - Blanced in all
Beastians - swords
Numen - magic
Casts - guns

So basically you could build each any way, but I don't think you'll have to chose a specific job title like HU RA or FO. Oh well.

So I guess if you wanted a HUcast type, just chose cast and try leveling up the the attack power for swords, even though they are already better with guns.

It would be like how people made melee fomars...

Meh it all speculation from me, base don stuff I read at gamefaqs.

Nisshoku
Jul 23, 2005, 05:23 PM
For my choices, I only have two so far...

Nisshoku: Android (Endrum Collective)-- See melee ninja.
(name in progress): Beastman -- Pure, all-out melee.

AxelgearVII
Jul 23, 2005, 05:41 PM
Human-Axel wielding what else? 2 swords
Cast- Gunstar something. Not quite sure yet
Human-Kilyn
Beast-not sure yet but something will come to me >_>

Ill think more on these possibilities when I actually sit down and use the oh-so-in-depth character creation tool.

SubstanceD
Jul 24, 2005, 12:57 PM
?!?!?!?

To be honest, I don't know what type of character I will use when PSU comes out ( not surprising since I don't know jack about PSU's characters ).

On PSO I gravitated more towards the CASTS because they are immune to status changes such as poison and paralysis, I also liked the fact that they were coparitively esy to raise since I did not have to worry about pumping up MST Stats for thier Mags. It also did not hurt that they could also see Traps.

Idealy I would prefer to use a Male character ( although I have no objections to using a female one ) who has great Attack and great Accuracy. They also need to excell at melee weapons like swords. Somthing similar to what a Hucaseal on PSO is ( except with better Attack ). They also need to look cool.

adamgnome104
Jul 24, 2005, 06:06 PM
I have NO idea, which is why I hope they give us more than FOUR characters.

0.o

PJ
Jul 24, 2005, 06:39 PM
On 2005-07-24 16:06, adamgnome104 wrote:
I have NO idea, which is why I hope they give us more than FOUR characters.

0.o

I thought they only gave us 4, and that characters level ups were more in the players control. Atleast that's what I remember @_@

Kinda like X-Men Legends, only hopefully, not sucking as much >.>

BWS-1
Jul 24, 2005, 07:18 PM
A cast, definitly. No techniques. All melee with, maybe, a specialization with handguns. It's too early to say that it's what I'll DEFINITLY do though.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 24, 2005, 08:07 PM
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I haven't thought that far ahead.

Sharkyland
Jul 25, 2005, 03:01 AM
I will playing as 'Pink Mag' HUnewearl (she won't be small like in the GC PSO game due to [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler]...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2005-07-25 01:17 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 25, 2005, 03:19 AM
Of course the casts are evil, That's they're role in the offline game! They're taking over the system! Its Mother Brain all over again!

...wait, wtf?

_Tek_
Jul 25, 2005, 11:14 AM
You know what? I'm just going to make all of the characters! AHAHHA! It should come to a total of 4, since there's not set classes, and gender should not affect stats incredibly. I'll make tehm all male charcater anyways, since there may be voice chat, and a guys voice for femals character would be awkward.

Rubesahl
Jul 25, 2005, 01:07 PM
On 2005-07-20 23:22, RurouniJoku wrote:
Male Newman, with an emphasis on melee attacking... I just hope it won't be too hard to turn the "FO" race of the game into a HU...

Wohoo! Another one like me >:D Honestly, I'll be going for a Ranger type of FO http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Definitely a newman

adamgnome104
Jul 25, 2005, 04:07 PM
Hurmm, it's really cool that you can pick what stats to raise when you level up.

Although this means that I'll get owned and make a crappy character. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I wanna make a character called FOcast and do techs on everything as a cast. >_>

Cynric
Jul 25, 2005, 04:09 PM
If we can raise the stats ourselves, then how do some races suck with different weapons? Is there a max like in PSO, or can we go nuts with it?

Parn
Jul 25, 2005, 04:17 PM
It's not too hard to program specific races to be worse at something, stat boosting or not. If you have 100 points to spend and newmans start with 30 mental while a cast starts with 10, the newman already has a 20 point head start in effectiveness.

Just an example, really. Ultimately, I doubt stats matter THAT much, particularly since PSO is a game where skill matters more than stats. They're just leaving the door open for people to make something different from the norm.

Kupi
Jul 25, 2005, 07:09 PM
If I only get one character, then I'm making a male Newman with as much put into Techs as I can, and an emphasis on healing and support techs at that. If we get more than that... well, I probably won't play that many alternates. So look forward to a Newman healer on PSU. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AxelgearVII
Jul 26, 2005, 02:40 AM
Ultimately, I doubt stats matter THAT much, particularly since PSO is a game where skill matters more than stats.

Oh really? What game have I been playing? >.>

Parn
Jul 26, 2005, 05:26 AM
Phantasy Star Online?

DarK-SuN
Jul 26, 2005, 07:04 PM
You've been playing PSO.

Stats matter for the diferent difficulties, but skill and strategy ultimately dictate how well you handle the stats you have.

A level 125 can handle Ultimate well if the player has good skill and strategy, while a level 200 with no skill and poor strategy can get wasted in Ultimate faster than he can blink.

So, while stats are important (a level 1 in Ultimate, if such was possible, would be obliterated no matter how much skill the player had) they are not the only thing to take into consideration.

Tycho
Jul 27, 2005, 03:51 AM
On 2005-07-26 17:04, DarK-SuN wrote:

a level 1 in Ultimate, if such was possible, would be obliterated no matter how much skill the player had

Is that so? My FOnewm did not even die against Baranz. XP
Against most other enemies dodging was pretty easy as well. Try it, it's good practice. I got better at dodging Vol Opt's bubble attack that way. x_x

Parn
Jul 27, 2005, 07:04 AM
Pray tell, how did you manage to get a level 1 character into ultimate mode?

Cynric
Jul 27, 2005, 08:29 AM

Stats matter for the diferent difficulties, but skill and strategy ultimately dictate how well you handle the stats you have.

A level 125 can handle Ultimate well if the player has good skill and strategy, while a level 200 with no skill and poor strategy can get wasted in Ultimate faster than he can blink.

Too true. I usually get wasted in ultimate forest at lvl 80, while people like Ian and Kef can go in at lvl 46 and completely dominate. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

_Tek_
Jul 27, 2005, 12:52 PM
Yes, I was also wondering how stats would work. So you say it will be a choice each time you level up? Interesting. Seems a bit restricting for growth, since in PSO when you leveled, all of your stats went up somewhat.

So how will we max stats in PSU? We don't have mags anymore, I hear its been replaced with some kind of robot helper, that will play as a team mate when your team has an extra spot open. I suppose we'll all find out soon since PSU is released in Japan earlier. WE'll have all the guides ready for when we get the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-07-27 11:07 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Jul 27, 2005, 02:21 PM
On 2005-07-27 01:51, Tycho wrote:

a level 1 in Ultimate, if such was possible, would be obliterated no matter how much skill the player had

Against most other enemies dodging was pretty easy as well. Try it, it's good practice. I got better at dodging Vol Opt's bubble attack that way. x_x

Bad example (although it's not Ultimate), since you don't even have to touch a Baranz to kill it, you just have to dodge and run around it while it kills itself.
Vol Opt's bubble attack is easy to dodge, it probably only caught me 5 times (give or take a few) in the 5 years of PSO's existence.
Try putting a level 1 in, for example, Ultimate Seabed (or even just Normal Seabed since we know it's impossible to have a level 1 in Ultimate) and see how long you can last, even if you have lots of skill.
Androids have the trap assistance with fire, freeze and confuse, but even those eventually run out; same for Forces, their TP will eventually run out at a bad moment (specially at level 1, they'll most likely do 0 damage at such a low MST to some monsters).

By Cynric:
Too true. I usually get wasted in ultimate forest at lvl 80, while people like Ian and Kef can go in at lvl 46 and completely dominate.

That's also a good example.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-07-27 12:23 ]</font>

kazuma56
Jul 27, 2005, 03:24 PM
its not that hard actually, it also depends on the "hand me downs" that character has, I've also taken a Hucaseal to Ult at lvl 50+ and easily made it through most of ep1 without much hassle.

Also, since there most likely will be a lvl cap (200 again?) maybe certain classes just won't be able to hit certain stat points like others.

Taking Parn's example, say a Cast starts with 20 more ATA than say a Human, now at lvl 200, that Cast will still have that 20 more ATA available and who knows, maybe each character can get like .5 of a point reduction when leveling stats in their proficency (casts = ATA, Newman= magic etc).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-07-27 13:29 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jul 27, 2005, 03:40 PM
On 2005-07-27 12:21, DarK-SuN wrote:

On 2005-07-27 01:51, Tycho wrote:

Bad example (although it's not Ultimate), since you don't even have to touch a Baranz to kill it, you just have to dodge and run around it while it kills itself.
Vol Opt's bubble attack is easy to dodge, it probably only caught me 5 times (give or take a few) in the 5 years of PSO's existence.
Try putting a level 1 in, for example, Ultimate Seabed (or even just Normal Seabed since we know it's impossible to have a level 1 in Ultimate) and see how long you can last, even if you have lots of skill.
Androids have the trap assistance with fire, freeze and confuse, but even those eventually run out; same for Forces, their TP will eventually run out at a bad moment (specially at level 1, they'll most likely do 0 damage at such a low MST to some monsters).

By Cynric:
Too true. I usually get wasted in ultimate forest at lvl 80, while people like Ian and Kef can go in at lvl 46 and completely dominate.

That's also a good example.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-07-27 12:23 ]</font>

I really don't know how this got to a PSO discussion, or a discussion of stats in a game we know nothing about(stats that is).

Just to point out, psycho wand + 27 HP + tech higher than level 27 = death upon casting, no exp gained. Ultimate at level one is very well possible, just not under realistic circumstances.

_Tek_
Jul 28, 2005, 12:47 AM
WEll if you can dodge the attack of those stupid PSO enemies in forest, all that matters next is yoru damage. You aren't going to gt anywhere if it takes your hours to down one ULT enemy whn youa re level 1.

DarK-SuN
Jul 28, 2005, 01:20 AM
Just to point out, psycho wand + 27 HP + tech higher than level 27 = death upon casting, no exp gained. Ultimate at level one is very well possible, just not under realistic circumstances.
Right, that's my point, granted I then said to do the same experience in Normal Seabed which brings similar results (and is already possible if the character joins someone else's game with it unlocked, then he or she just needs to do it alone).

But anyway, this came about when someone said that stats aren't the only thing that matter and that skill is also very important and someone disagreed.
I just gave examples on how it can be true and some people agreed (and others not, but that was to be expected).

About the hand-me-downs, I was considering a character with zero hand-me-downs, but I guess I should have been specific, sorry.

Taking Parn's example, say a Cast starts with 20 more ATA than say a Human, now at lvl 200, that Cast will still have that 20 more ATA available and who knows, maybe each character can get like .5 of a point reduction when leveling stats in their proficency (casts = ATA, Newman= magic etc).

Yep, that's true.
I just wonder if we'll have full customisation freedom when distributing stats (would definately make more sense since it's the system commonly used), or if they'll entirely depend on what we use/train during our character's life (say, you use melee weapons and you increase your ATP on leveling and if you use force weapons you increase your MST on leveling, probably not very practical thought and could lead to some bottlenecks in the evolution).

The other option could be pretty much what PSO already has, stats get automaticly distributed upon level up and you increase them with mats (till a certain limit), only since now we have no MAGs (only the partner robot which I doubt increases your stats) we'd have to be more careful on what we want to increase to have a certain class (or classes if we intend on a sort of "multi-class") of character.

Come on, Sonic Team, we want more details. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Tek_
Jul 28, 2005, 11:26 AM
Check it out:
Beastman
Dual claws

Eihwaz
Jul 28, 2005, 12:40 PM
Hm, I'd say it's a bit early for me to be saying what kinda characters I'm going to have, but...

All things considered, I'll probably make some kind of Human male who uses melee weapons and some kind of long range weapon. In other words, something a bit like a HUmar. I'd also like a character more specialized in magic, probably Newman male. In other words, something like a FOnewm.

I'm talking in PSO-terms, though, in a game that's not really PSO. So, we'll just have to see. :3

PhruitBaskit
Aug 10, 2005, 08:12 AM
I would be either a RAcast (I loved capping a$$es off on Ragol) or a HUcast just because something new might be cool...

Dre_o
Aug 10, 2005, 12:52 PM
Male Human with Double-Saber type weapon. I want the attacks to flow. Well backed up with techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2005-08-10 10:53 ]</font>
________
Suzuki DR350SE (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_DR350SE)

Q_Anon
Aug 14, 2005, 09:41 PM
Somehing I've been wanting to try for a long time, a male melee oriented Newman http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Omega_Nova
Aug 14, 2005, 10:07 PM
I haven't decided yet, however I have done some character sketches for a Female Newman that I quite like.

essientially a dual weild gun/partisan (I'd prefer a scythe, but odds are that won't happen right away) would be in place with minor support techs.

anyways it doesn't sound as if Female characters will be supported as much in PSU if voice chat occurs so I'll grab a unique character.

_Tek_
Aug 22, 2005, 10:50 PM
Dam, there better not be voice chat, because I'm thinking of making my numan a female. They are stating to lookin sexy.

<is ashamed>

But I was thinking about my tradition of the 3 letter names, I think I go with 2 3 letter names for each character. Like TekLok(human, even though the name sounds mechanical, think the matrix?), ZevRez(female numan), and YaoVeo(beast)(not sure on this one yet). I also haven't a clue what I need for the last one, the cast, Law is a cool name. What 3 letter would match with that? Or maybe I need some crazy name with a Q, or an X? QueXin? rofl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-23 02:01 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Aug 24, 2005, 10:02 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Errr, hello? Tych beat Falz on ult at lvl 1!
Now if that didnt prove that PSO is mainly about skill, then enlighten me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PSO_Monkey
Aug 24, 2005, 03:54 PM
I wanna try out the new Beast class. It looks cool. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

_Tek_
Aug 24, 2005, 10:39 PM
(lol, I jsut saw the original of that "kitty scared" picture its hilarious.)

I hope the doctor's coat is going ot be a choice for the Human customization:
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/624/624675/phantasy-star-universe-20050613003125598.jpg
|
|
V
http://www.tf1video.fr/frisson/images/equilibrium_film_visuel.gif
Hyuga Ryght's jacket on the left might also work too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-25 20:49 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Aug 27, 2005, 08:21 PM
I can't wait to be something obscure.

OK sure, there will be a lot of badass beast characters. But what about a badassed little newman character? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Having little-kid-ish characters makes me just go OMFG CUTE~!! ^___^ Too.

Reiz_Fan
Aug 28, 2005, 04:11 AM
HUcaseals all the way! lol simply because of tradition and them being my fav. class

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reiz_Fan on 2005-08-28 02:13 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Aug 28, 2005, 04:42 PM
I hope they have maid outfit motifs like a RAcaseal or something.

<3 Maid Robots.

Sharkyland
Sep 12, 2005, 04:24 PM
HUnewearl, HUmarl http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

adamgnome104
Sep 12, 2005, 06:19 PM
Oh man I love that admiral style guy in the newer screenshots, I hope I can have a character something like him.

I hope they have like a noir styled hat and trenchcoat, or at least a trenchcoat!!

I saw black and neon green pants so I can have neon green and black characters, YAY! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I also saw an ORANGE AND GREEN RACAST LOOKING GUY! xD Awesome.

tank1
Sep 13, 2005, 06:36 AM
twin pistol wileding Ramar style character with a buster sword for upclose situations sorted!

_Tek_
Sep 13, 2005, 12:37 PM
Sureley they will have twin mechguns, but do you think they will have duel handguns?

Dragon_Knight
Sep 17, 2005, 09:00 PM
Well if the game has a first person POV I'll go human male...if not I'll be sticking with the ever eye pleasing Newman female. Sara's going to get a bust upgrade there if possible. Heh *drools*

adamgnome104
Sep 17, 2005, 09:02 PM
On 2005-08-28 14:42, adamgnome104 wrote:
I hope they have maid outfit motifs like a RAcaseal or something.

<3 Maid Robots.

Oh my god, they DO have RAcaseal looking robots.

<<<<<<<333333333333

Kent
Sep 17, 2005, 09:25 PM
First off, I'll have a male Human, and do everything as the situation needs (thanks to the action palette/weapon swapping mechanism). Then, next, a female Newman... More or less the same, maybe leaning more toward melee.

_Tek_
Sep 17, 2005, 09:34 PM
Its funny how we can now actually have a male ranger newman, or female human hunter, but we end up making that same thing as a HUmar of HUnewearl. I guess its just because we are used to it from PSO. I know I'm making my HUmar, and HUneweral again.

But my old FOmar will now be the beast race, I guess. I always meleed with him because fomars looked awesome, but now I can customixe the beast to look similar.

My Cast will be totally new name though, and will be my ranger style character, because I merged my old humar and ramar together for my PSU hume's name.

Crystal_Shard
Sep 19, 2005, 12:18 PM
Hmm... Definitely a :

- Hunter type (male human or newman, I can't decide this one just yet.)
- Character that's a cross between a Hunewearl and a Fonewearl (I want a magic user who uses dual claws and looks good. :3 )
- Something along the lines of PSIV's Wren. Can't decide between male or female yet though...
- Maybe I'll have a beast character to round it off. XD The last one's pretty much up in the air.

I hope they let us make more than 4 characters though. XD

PhruitBaskit
Sep 19, 2005, 12:28 PM
On 2005-09-19 10:18, Crystal_Shard wrote:

I hope they let us make more than 4 characters though. XD

So do we all.

azjazo
Sep 19, 2005, 12:42 PM
FOnewearl all the way!!! Forces RULEZ!!! maybe a Fomar if the look as cool as I supouse from the first trailer, semms like they can now use a reaincoat-like costume instread of thta... skirt that makes me doubt about cosplay

well, I'll wish to know too how many charas can you make?

Something that makes me love PSO its the char desing feature (and thats why I'm kkeping my eyes on SCIII) and this game looks like it will be a lot of fun char desing wise

I cant wailt (well I can, but I wish to play it now!! (or at least a translation from the screens of the char desing screen))

Crystal_Shard
Sep 19, 2005, 02:32 PM
Heh, maybe they'll stick to tradtion. XD Seeing as PSO allowed for 4 characters (per mem card or account) and the party limit was 4... maybe now that the bar's raised to 6.... XD

Wishful thinking? :3 I hope not.

Puppet_Papaya
Sep 19, 2005, 05:15 PM
hmmmmm, why not.
Male, hunter, newman: Ropuppepitto
female, ranger, human: Ranana
aaaaand, just because i can now; male, force, cast: FOcast!

Rion772
Sep 19, 2005, 08:09 PM
although im no n00b at all...i have probably 350hrs on pso..which actually isnt much at all but anyway i think i'd probably go w/ a HUmar just because its more realistic..i like to look at my character and have him look kinda like me cuz its cool to picture myself slicing through enemy flesh...if i like the way they look before and after their wierd little morphs or w/e i think i might try out the new beast class..it looks rather interesting as long as i can use almost every sword in the game =0 ....and if not i'll stick to a HUmar...their pretty balanced out in power,dfp,hp and mst.