PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Section ID presence in PSU?

EnoKhaon
Jul 21, 2005, 02:21 AM
Yeah, yeah, I'm more than PSO (Ep1&2) junkie than the older games, but from my experience, I've learned that Sega did one hell of a good job putting it together to make it last. This was mostly just because of the difficulty involved with trying to obtain the item(s) you want, even if just for the fashion statement.

So, I'm wondering if there's been any word on whether or not there will be/can be Section ID's in Phantasy Star Universe, simply because they add all the diversity in the gameplay that allows people to either level up a ton of characters who they can use to get the items they seek or to trade for them. It leaves a lot of room for more play.

Just my 2 1/2 cents...

SubstanceD
Aug 1, 2005, 05:44 PM
I have not heard anything about Section ID's.

There's a part of me that likes the idea of Section ID's ( as you said it creates some variety ).

On the other hand, I have never been keen on the fact that Section ID's in PSO are linked to your charcaters name. I am not very creative when it comes to charcter names and it frustrates me that I have had to Shelve alot of my prefered name choices in PSO because they don't get me the Section ID's that I need ( I also don't like using Spaces to get the name I need ).

If The Section ID's return then I would like to see them done differently ( ie. not linked to a characters name ). Maybe they can implement a guild style thing. When you create your charcater you chose a particular guild and in return that wil determin what type of stuff you find.

_Tek_
Aug 1, 2005, 06:31 PM
Yes, Section ID's do restrict your names often, I'm hoping they are just randomly assigned. Just keep recreating yoru character until you get the right ID I'f hope.

Eihwaz
Aug 1, 2005, 11:45 PM
On 2005-08-01 15:44, SubstanceD wrote:
( I also don't like using Spaces to get the name I need ).

Here's a tip. Try, instead, adding numbers, or even symbols. You can even make fit into the character's "theme". For instance, lots of android characters use things like "v.2.5" or "ver.3.0" to make a more unique name, and to get the section ID they want. Or you can try adding symbols (parentheses, tildes, colons, etc) around your character's name. :3

Anyway, the section ID system is pretty good, but I don't know if I'd want to see it again. It really depends on how ST implements it in PSU.

Quo
Aug 2, 2005, 12:04 AM
The ID system would suck more if it were based on character appearance instead of name. Imagine having to completely rework your costume and hair to get the drops you want.

I can't imagine ST not using an ID equivalent in PSU. Making drops the same for everybody would be a serious step backward IMO.

Nash
Aug 2, 2005, 09:53 AM
I hope the Section ID system returns as well.

BogusKun
Aug 2, 2005, 12:58 PM
I don't think Section ID's are that necessary. But taking it away just makes up for soemthing much more random, which is the downside to not having one.

Aero_Hawk
Aug 5, 2005, 04:21 AM
I think it is perfectly fine the way it is. And i hope they keep it with no changes except maybe the dif ID for a name like they did for BB. Anyway, I like how it changes your chair color and it also seems like a badge, etc. etc. It can be used very well in fan fics as well (i know off topic but meh.)

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Dec 2, 2006, 01:48 PM
Yea... Me too

hypersaxon
Dec 2, 2006, 02:05 PM
Uh, why the heck did you bump this? This is over a year old...

Dj_SkyEpic
Dec 2, 2006, 02:05 PM
There will be some references to Section ID from items such as Whitill Wing. There has not been any confirmation about any other ID references.

Holy Crap... This IS old... why didnt I check...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-02 11:07 ]</font>

BioWarrior
Dec 2, 2006, 02:46 PM
On 2006-12-02 11:05, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
There will be some references to Section ID from items such as Whitill Wing. There has not been any confirmation about any other ID references.

Holy Crap... This IS old... why didnt I check...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2006-12-02 11:07 ]</font>

Aside from the item reference to "Whitill" the default neudaiz costume for females has a section ID type thing on it around the neck, same for one of the Cast F costumes.

Arislan
Dec 2, 2006, 02:48 PM
Please don't bump old topics, *especially* with nothing to really add to the conversation.