PDA

View Full Version : PSU....not on the Gamecube?!?!?

Shoutout33
Jul 22, 2005, 09:57 AM
Ok, I haven't been on the forum in a GOOD minute, but the last I remember, PSU was DEFINITELY coming to the GC! What the heck happened!!! The PS2?!?! Give me a break! Ok, I have nothing against the PS2, except for the fact that I'd have to buy one just to play the game! What. It was too hard for them to develop for the GC, Xbox, PC, and the PS2? Sigh...ok, I'm through fussing.

ColonD
Jul 22, 2005, 10:01 AM
I don't think it was ever planned for gamecube...
was it...?
(Is totally confused now.)

zemerrock
Jul 22, 2005, 10:05 AM
On 2005-07-22 08:01, ColonD wrote:
I don't think it was ever planned for gamecube...
was it...?
(Is totally confused now.)

it was in early stages. the move to make it for the ps2 though has bothered me. everquest for the ps2 sucked so i'm scared to see what they are going to do to psu..god save us.

Sagasu
Jul 22, 2005, 10:43 AM
It'll get ported to revolution in due time and get its kick assness enhanced.

Just be patient.

Saiffy
Jul 22, 2005, 10:44 AM
It was never planned for GC and Xbox, people were ignorant and thougt it was coming out for all current gen consoles. It was always a rumour, never fact.

rena-ko
Jul 22, 2005, 10:55 AM
well, a good reason to buy a ps2, isnt it. there are a handful of interesting games for it too.

Neith
Jul 22, 2005, 11:19 AM
It's also going to be out for PC remember, not just PS2.

RoninJoku
Jul 22, 2005, 02:22 PM
I don't believe ST EVER said what systems it was planned for until it was confirmed for PC and PS2... The only reason it was listed for GCN is because dumb companies like IGN and Gamespot listed it under all 3 current-gen consoles with no real basis for reasoning... <.<

Sef
Jul 22, 2005, 03:09 PM
On 2005-07-22 09:19, UrikoBB3 wrote:
It's also going to be out for PC remember, not just PS2.

Yeah, I was going to say, "Why's everyone ignoring the PC too?"

I figured that's what I'll get it for, though. Of course, I'll need to buy a much much better PC...

Maybe I could borrow my friend's PS2... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On 2005-07-22 12:22, RurouniJoku wrote:
I don't believe ST EVER said what systems it was planned for until it was confirmed for PC and PS2... The only reason it was listed for GCN is because dumb companies like IGN and Gamespot listed it under all 3 current-gen consoles with no real basis for reasoning... <.<

Yeah, that and maybe the very first trailer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2005-07-22 13:11 ]</font>

_Tek_
Jul 23, 2005, 01:44 AM
I suppose they weren't happy with Gamecube's online support and popularity (DUH!).

Plus with ps2's huge fanbase, and pc hich could be merged together (like FFXI was set up) I think they'll have way more customers.

ghost_zero
Jul 23, 2005, 05:17 AM
That with online is possible... but that makes it further possible that it could come out for the Revoluton which is build for online play too...

But well... don't get me wrong... but if they have a monthly fee I probably won't play online... especially if you can only with credit cards because I also have none (which is in Europe at least Austria most times so)...

Erikku_Algol
Jul 26, 2005, 07:09 PM
Hmm... I really want a GC release, but I'm just going to hope that my computer has enough power to handle PSU. By Winter of '06? Chances of it working on my computer by then are probably slim...

SaTKos
Jul 27, 2005, 03:23 AM
I think it was made for PS2 and PC because they didnt get a slice of the episdoe 1 2 and 3 pie. I myself own everyone of the systems you listed. So it dosnt matter which system its on.

Parn
Jul 27, 2005, 07:03 AM
Nope, it's more along the lines of Xbox having a non-existant userbase in Japan, GameCube having a near non-existant online gaming base to stand on, and PlayStation 2 having both the largest gaming userbase of the three platforms, and an established online gaming base.

The choice was pretty clear-cut.

Ryu_4
Jul 29, 2005, 11:07 PM
On 2005-07-23 03:17, ghost_zero wrote:
That with online is possible... but that makes it further possible that it could come out for the Revoluton which is build for online play too...

Hmmmm would it really matter if the revolution is going to be built for online play because if we are going to include the new generation of systems...im pretty sure if they xfer psu to the ps3 i dont think the revolution is going to be able to even have a chance for customers because i beleive the specs on ps3 are about 10000 times better then the revolution...and Nintendo always makes games for little kids so not too many people will buy the revolution just for psu when they could have it on pc or playstation 2 or 3

_Tek_
Jul 30, 2005, 12:22 AM
Well they aren't focusing for little kids, but mainly everyone, which is really no difference. Its the 3rd party support which will again define the next nintendo system.

ghost_zero
Jul 30, 2005, 09:19 AM
I would not yet say that the PS3 will have that large user base than the PS2 currently...
It is possible that the PS3 will cost over 500 €...
And even though none knows Revolution specs yet...
And also none knows how good the PS3 will really be... none has seen the Cell processor yet in action and none has seen the Nvidia Graphic-Chip in action... and the demos shown on E3 were Pre-Rendered and not shown on the real system becasue the Graphic-Chip was not ready that time...
And even if it is a system with better specifications: It doesn't matter because PSO also had no real graphical update from DreamCast to GameCube...
Btw. why transfer it to PS3 if PS3 plays already PS2-Games?

I would not say that things will come like this if it has not happened yet... we will see... I will probably buy a Revolution and that will probably be the only console... maybe a PS3 (depends on how much it will really cost and how good it is and on the games)...

Btw. I think with Revoltuion 3rd Party Support will get much better than the GameCube...