PDA

View Full Version : For my first order of business returning here...

Reenee
Jul 25, 2005, 03:48 PM
On 2005-07-25 07:21, space_butler wrote:

On 2005-07-25 07:16, Reenee wrote:
If you're gonna contribute to a thread, then make it productive. =

productive in fkl? what have you been smoking...

So, the logic here is that, regardless of being in a spam forum where we just bullshit around for cheap laughs anyways, I should bullshit my posts and think it's going to be funny anyways?

Kizaragu
Jul 25, 2005, 03:51 PM
I completely agree.
Some real comedy gold is lost in fresh kills due to some moron postly excessively and badly.
But on another note, who are we to tell folk what to post?

space_butler
Jul 25, 2005, 03:51 PM
On 2005-07-25 13:48, Reenee wrote:

On 2005-07-25 07:21, space_butler wrote:

On 2005-07-25 07:16, Reenee wrote:
If you're gonna contribute to a thread, then make it productive. =

productive in fkl? what have you been smoking...

So, the logic here is that, regardless of being in a spam forum where we just bullshit around for cheap laughs anyways, I should bullshit my posts and think it's going to be funny anyways?

who said anything about funny?

Sef
Jul 25, 2005, 07:10 PM
Honestly, I don't think anyone cares.

astuarlen
Jul 25, 2005, 07:43 PM
Funny is overrated.

What's that font in your sig, Kiz?

Maridia
Jul 25, 2005, 07:46 PM
I don't understand why all these "old" people keep coming back and going "hey, dudes, who are you?" or like, "challanging" the people who have been here a little while longer more recently. Not me specifically, but I notice it a lot and I think it's almost a little rude. Don't tell people what to do, especially in FKL. ;( everybody here more or less is free to be idiots, as long as they abide by the rules.

No offense meant to old posters returning, just an observation.

roygbiv
Jul 25, 2005, 07:54 PM
people think they should get respect for being around longer? *shrug*
I guess the bar gets lowered ever further on the internet...

Reenee
Jul 25, 2005, 08:31 PM
To the above two users:

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5047/039kz.jpg

roygbiv
Jul 25, 2005, 08:46 PM
On 2005-07-25 18:31, Reenee wrote:
To the above two users:

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5047/039kz.jpg

damn... lumped in with maridia?

What did I do to deserve THAT.

but nobody will disagree with me being a bit... off.

Solstis
Jul 25, 2005, 09:06 PM
On 2005-07-25 17:46, Maridia wrote:
I don't understand why all these "old" people keep coming back and going "hey, dudes, who are you?" or like, "challanging" the people who have been here a little while longer more recently. Not me specifically, but I notice it a lot and I think it's almost a little rude. Don't tell people what to do, especially in FKL. ;( everybody here more or less is free to be idiots, as long as they abide by the rules.

You don't find the stupid posts at least a little bit annoying?

I mean, some people try really hard to make references or throw out a witty post, but it's ruined when someone just spits out some bullshit. Especially when they ruin FKL for others on purpose. Yeah, I guess they have the ability to be fucktards, but it doesn't mean that they have to.

Sef
Jul 25, 2005, 10:43 PM
But this has been happening...

Probably ever since FKL became a place to post in.

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2005, 10:47 PM
On 2005-07-25 20:43, Sef wrote:

The problem isn't that, but that it is happening at all, yes?

roygbiv
Jul 25, 2005, 10:54 PM
I mean... if I were to make some witty comment (big if) and it were mowed over by some random person, I wouldn't get that upset about stuff... I mean... Al Gore's Information Super Highway??? What do you expect?
Its hard to take anything that happens in such an artificial social environment seriously. I mean who cares if your well thought out topic gets derailed by post 3? Things certainly would be better if everyone took time to add stuff and make great posts. But honestly I don't really expect that of anyone in this sort of environment... I try to do my best and if some thing awesome happens then its a pleasant suprise.

Sef
Jul 25, 2005, 10:59 PM
On 2005-07-25 20:47, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

On 2005-07-25 20:43, Sef wrote:

The problem isn't that, but that it is happening at all, yes?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Reenee
Jul 25, 2005, 11:08 PM
New subject, 'cause all of you are so emo.

Back in my day, we ALWAYS saw Arkham.

rly!

Blitzkommando
Jul 25, 2005, 11:15 PM
On 2005-07-25 20:54, roygbiv wrote:
I mean... if I were to make some witty comment (big if) and it were mowed over by some random person, I wouldn't get that upset about stuff... I mean... Al Gore's Information Super Highway??? What do you expect?
Its hard to take anything that happens in such an artificial social environment seriously. I mean who cares if your well thought out topic gets derailed by post 3? Things certainly would be better if everyone took time to add stuff and make great posts. But honestly I don't really expect that of anyone in this sort of environment... I try to do my best and if some thing awesome happens then its a pleasant suprise.

So, you are saying, that once you are in an impersonal environment it is all fine and dandy to lose all maturity and courtesy? Well, I guess one could say that, but really is it necessary? I can understand being silly from time to time but with some of the stuff that is online, anywhere online. Just because you never see who you are 'talking' to, doesn't mean you have to treat them as subhuman.

This wasn't directed so much at you but just in a general sense. I dunno, I like being called a gentleman more than an asshole. But I'm sure some people would rather the other way around.

roygbiv
Jul 25, 2005, 11:30 PM
I mean basically, my expectations are low. And my purpose to be here is strictly for entertainment, so I take everything with a grain of salt, and don't let people being annoying get to me.

To clarify, it is not so much that I find that such behavior is acceptable, but rather that such behavior is to a degree unavoidable, and therefore I shouldn't let it bother me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roygbiv on 2005-07-25 21:36 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 26, 2005, 06:12 AM
On 2005-07-25 17:46, Maridia wrote:
I don't understand why all these "old" people keep coming back and going "hey, dudes, who are you?" or like, "challanging" the people who have been here a little while longer more recently. Not me specifically, but I notice it a lot and I think it's almost a little rude. Don't tell people what to do, especially in FKL.

Bravo. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
You were able to say it while I just sit and think it.

One guy admitted to just wanting to "push someone's buttons." WTF is that?

Nobody cares about anyone leaving and coming back. Damn. What? 10,000 + members, of which any of them can be active right? Sure there's never everyone active at any one time, but oh hey: "You remember me, I was that one guy that did that one thing, like 3 years ago? What's new?" (not anyone in particular, just an example of this theme/event)

Keep it to yourself already. Don't put yourself on some pedestal above everyone implying that you were such a huge part of the community, true or not. Things continued along just fine and dandy with ups and downs since you may have left, and or come back. Don't always feel the need to announce it to the world, if someone notices you they'll say it. Just start posting and if someone remembers you, great, more self confidence?