PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star 5 hours 40 minutes

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 26, 2005, 02:01 AM
I finished this last week, and its currently being uploaded to speed demos archives. I'll update with the link when its finally up. The time is estimated from total length of videos in winamp.

some facts:
Alis and Myau finished at lvl 20, Noah and Odin below that.

Skipped Medusa and Scion cave completely. Axes are weak.

Did Dezoris without stopping at twin town a second time.

Completed Baya Malay and lassic's castle without going back to heal up.

Myau died during fight with Lassic, good thing I packed a transer.

Alis died during falz, got the bad ending.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-02-25 12:50 ]</font>

kevlar_pso
Jul 28, 2005, 12:04 PM
When I saw this I thought that it was an S-Rank time for Challenge Mode. LOL

Getintothegame
Jul 28, 2005, 01:38 PM
Wow, pretty impressive. I've had trouble even playing the classics. I'd like to get in to playing it, though.

Solstis
Jul 28, 2005, 05:33 PM
That game beats the crap out of me everytime I try to play it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Good job, man.

Sharkyland
Jul 29, 2005, 01:15 AM
Phantasy Star 2 was annoying... I wonder how hard is 1. What version do you have the 8-bit version or the import?

rena-ko
Jul 29, 2005, 03:55 AM
linkage?

Kalier
Jul 29, 2005, 11:24 AM
Phantasy Star 1 and 4 are the best of the originals IMO. 2 could get annoying from the battle system, and 3 was just strange.

Evil_Althena8
Jul 29, 2005, 01:40 PM
I've only played PS4 and barely PS3, but I liked PS4 a lot. I got towards the end before I decided to give up, which was really stupid of me. I got to...some weird bone tower thing on the snowy planet...dezolis is it? I can't remember it's name. But I still had to go to some shrines or something. It's been so long since I played that game. I should really download an emulater..

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
Given bumping for now is ok and that there was a request... and i forgot to...

http://speeddemosarchive.com/PhantasyStar.html

Zorafim
Feb 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2005-07-26 00:01, Jonathan_F wrote:

Alis died during falz, got the bad ending.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-02-25 12:50 ]</font>

There's a bad ending?

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
Well, its the idea of Alis dying, and then Nero revives her instead of her not ever seeing nero again, I guess it could also be looked upon as a good ending

Zorafim
Feb 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
What I meant was that I didn't know something different happens if Alis dies at the end.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 27, 2007, 02:02 PM
And that's it. its only 5 seconds, but its still different.

Saigan
Mar 1, 2007, 09:43 PM
What's the strategy for fighting falz at that level, cus he's killed me at lvl 26

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 2, 2007, 03:35 AM
Use attacks that always do a set damage no matter what level for you. So Alys and Noah use Fire, Odin uses laser gun, and Myau is healing.

OdinTyler
Mar 8, 2007, 10:44 AM
Well, if I remember reading correctly, that is the true ending. Nero is supposed to speak to Alis & she revives. Makes sense if you think about it as the whole point of Alis's quest was to avenge her brother, not save Algol. Saving Algol was necessary, but, a bonus.

Oh & I must disagree on something. Noah should use Wind or Thunder instead. More powerful spells (you'll thank me). Also, Myau can attack sometimes but it is good to have him as a healer. Honestly, in some of the tougher battles (like this), he makes for a better healer (since his spell is better). Keep him as main healer & Alis as backup. Investing in a crapload of burgers & colas isnt a bad idea either (I always did that LOL).

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
They may have been more powerful, but Noah didn't have the points to back it up in repeated spell castings. That's why I went with fire instead. And for Myau and Alis, no on the attacks because their levels were down so low, DF dodged every single attack.