PDA

View Full Version : Similarities to .hack and other ideas...

Rubesahl
Jul 28, 2005, 02:29 AM
Anyone else forsee something similar? I mean, it seems techniques and attacks will be determined by the weapon you use like in the .hack video game. I'd also find very interesting if they made the towns like the .hack video game. A good meeting place and be able to restock too. I always wanted P2 to be much more broader and open plus have it work like a lobby of some sorts. From the town players can go out to different areas in teams , which would really give the game more fluidness than it does now. An in-game messaging system (improved though) and boards would be pretty cool also. Something like Final Fantasy's playonline community (which is quite cool http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ) The playonline chat rooms are a nice touch plus the personalization really makes you get into the game more. Player profiles would also be cool. I'm also wondering if PSU will have JPN, US and EU players linked together. I really miss the international aspect of PSO. As for game field design, I kinda wish PSU would have an actual world map O_o Even though the teleporters are justified in PSO, it's still unnatural in some ways. They always leave you inside the dungeon. In PSU I hope we can actually enter the dungeons ourselves from outside.

Well that's some of the things I wanted to say http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Man I can't sleep >_> it's 3am too...

_Tek_
Jul 28, 2005, 11:22 AM
I nev erplayed hack, but from vids they both look like similar games.

DarK-SuN
Jul 28, 2005, 12:27 PM
Yep, I agree, there are lots of similarities (although I guess they all started from PSO and .hack adopted some, altering them to be somewhat diferent).

The fact techniques depend on the weapon you use is actually logical, it's like you use the weapon to channel your energy and the resulting technique depends on the weapon's element which was used to channel and exteriorise it.

I also hope all the regions are linked, it'd be so much better; the community would definately grow a whole lot more.

I have a feeling PSU will have a world map where you can travel around and enter dungeons from there, that's what things seem to aim for; but hey, don't expect it, this way you won't get so disappointed if it's not in it.

Rubesahl
Jul 28, 2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I'm really not putting my hopes TOO high for PSU, I already got disappointed once with ver.2 -__-; and the Ep2 lobbies >_> Honestly, I thought they were gonna be something much more... dynamic.

I was seeing of the screenshots and movies, and there seem to be melee moves, that should make a melee char much more fun than before ^_^

_Tek_
Jul 28, 2005, 11:35 PM
The problem with having weapons take the role of techs is that you'd have to switch often. It could be tedious.

DarK-SuN
Jul 29, 2005, 09:55 AM
Or you just have each person in the party fill in a particular role when it comes to technique usage.
This way no one would have to keep switching since everyone would be doing a certain technique role (fire caster, healer, supporter, etc).

Rubesahl
Jul 29, 2005, 10:08 AM
Another thing which would make it easier is the fact that if dungeons have a certain 'theme' maybe most of them would be weak against a certain tech element

_Tek_
Jul 29, 2005, 10:12 AM
On 2005-07-29 07:55, DarK-SuN wrote:
Or you just have each person in the party fill in a particular role when it comes to technique usage.
This way no one would have to keep switching since everyone would be doing a certain technique role (fire caster, healer, supporter, etc).

That's a very good idea, considering we may get way more than 4 players per party. But its also possible that certain magic weapons will allow more than one tech.

Actually, now that I've seen the update on the techs on the psu site, its seems the weapon may be jsut as pwerful as teh technique. It shows ethan using a large yellow partisan, looks like a hunter wep, but it cast a large zone tech. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-07-29 08:14 ]</font>