PDA

View Full Version : PSU tech types

Skuda
Aug 7, 2005, 03:31 AM
wow. looks like a better range of elemental types for PSU's techs.

so far, according to the screens at the PSUwebsite (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/), it looks like we've got Lightning, Water, Ice, Fire, Earth, Light and Dark.

let's hope we'll get light, medium and heavy versions of them too. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

I am also curious to see how they do resta, and other techs. hopefully there will be alot more support techs for PSU. I would enjoy that, and it would give an even more important role for support foces in the heat of battle. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2005-08-07 04:22 ]</font>

Tact
Aug 7, 2005, 06:45 AM
I think it would be nice to have a tech that speeds your teammates up. And another that slows the enemies down. The possibilities are not quite endless, but it is a new Phantasy Star, so Sonic Team can use some more techs anyway.

Fossil
Aug 7, 2005, 07:39 AM
I think I saw Gibarta in one of those pics. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

In eithe case, those pics are cool looking. Looks like there will be more than just the same old techs from PSO... from my obvservations that is.

Off topic: Droids are looking so bad ass, I know who I'm picking at this rate.

Tact
Aug 7, 2005, 08:02 AM
On 2005-08-07 05:39, Fossil wrote:
Off topic: Droids are looking so bad ass, I know who I'm picking at this rate.

Well, it's somewhat on topic, because Androids/Humanoids will have MST (very low MST, but they will have MST) in PSU.

kazuma56
Aug 8, 2005, 01:26 AM
it seems that the old PS techs are making a return, although I cannot remeber if there was ever a lighting tech, I do remeber Gra, which looks like it in one of the pics.

Fanta
Aug 20, 2005, 04:18 PM
On 2005-08-07 06:02, Tact wrote:
Well, it's somewhat on topic, because Androids/Humanoids will have MST (very low MST, but they will have MST) in PSU.

Thats one of the things Im looking forward too. Finally, Androids can use other means of healing instead fo just item (mono/di/tri mates)

Its interesting to learn that there are new elements involved in PSU, will they have the same names for the exsisting one, such as (Gi/Ra) Zonde, Barta and Foie?

Reiz_Fan
Aug 26, 2005, 07:53 AM
Hopefully Techs. will do more damage online this time. That was very disapointing for me when i used my force for the first time online. But the new elements are looking great though; should add some new excitment too.

Kent
Sep 2, 2005, 12:29 PM
I'm still a little concerned about how using techniques will be done... From what I've read, it's based on your weapon type. Guns and sabers just attack when you press the button for them, but apparently, force-style weapons (rods, canes, etc.) use a technique when you attack with the weapon, and can only be equipped in the right hand (along with one-handed melee weapons, I read that the left hand is only for ranged weapons).

That's what I read, anyway... It's going to be... Interesting, maybe awkward, if they do that, though...

At least you can quick-swap weapon configurations.

Jsaun32
Sep 5, 2005, 09:05 PM
it would be kool if u could combine techs together for a massive attack.. but thats just an imagination (s.p.)

_Tek_
Sep 6, 2005, 02:43 AM
Or rather if you could combine your foie with another person's foie. I suppose, since it wouldn't make much sense to combine 2 different techs.

PhruitBaskit
Sep 6, 2005, 03:23 PM
On 2005-09-06 00:43, _Tek_ wrote:
Or rather if you could combine your foie with another person's foie. I suppose, since it wouldn't make much sense to combine 2 different techs.

Combining techs would be very cool, but if you're planning on playing offline, it would be hard to do so with a bunch of computers.

Bot-Bot
Sep 6, 2005, 06:20 PM
Actually... you know what would be cool?

If whenever someone cast a spell, a little timer would come up, called the "Combo Timer". And if you use something simple like foie, you would get like 4 seconds to cast another spell to combo with it, then it would decrease in time for the second combo, then third, etc. Also larger techs like something similar to grants, would only get a 1-2 second timer, because the combo is stronger.

But of course, thats just me.

sidewinder
Sep 6, 2005, 08:41 PM
That sounds very intersting but probly wont be the case

but deffinatly would be a cool option

Split
Sep 7, 2005, 02:45 PM
On 2005-09-02 10:29, Kent wrote:
I'm still a little concerned about how using techniques will be done... From what I've read, it's based on your weapon type. Guns and sabers just attack when you press the button for them, but apparently, force-style weapons (rods, canes, etc.) use a technique when you attack with the weapon, and can only be equipped in the right hand (along with one-handed melee weapons, I read that the left hand is only for ranged weapons).

That's what I read, anyway... It's going to be... Interesting, maybe awkward, if they do that, though...

Actually, I think that wand and rod type weapons have melee attacks, however, instead of having physical techniques like that spin cut move for the saber-ish weapon, they will have magic techs.

Zelutos
Sep 7, 2005, 07:25 PM
On 2005-09-06 13:23, PhruitBaskit wrote:

On 2005-09-06 00:43, _Tek_ wrote:

Combining techs would be very cool, but if you're planning on playing offline, it would be hard to do so with a bunch of computers.

omg...a flaming ball of ice would be so awesome!!! or a frozen lightning bolt...omg...

EJ
Sep 7, 2005, 10:40 PM
I would also like the ability to use techs within the weapons, like using a claws to stab a monster and then releasing a surge of lighting into that creature would be awesome.

_Tek_
Sep 7, 2005, 11:50 PM
On 2005-09-07 17:25, Zelutos wrote:
omg...a flaming ball of ice would be so awesome!!! or a frozen lightning bolt...omg...

omg shifta AND deband at the same time, gwaaaaawwwww...

Kent
Sep 8, 2005, 04:26 PM
On 2005-09-07 12:45, Split wrote:

On 2005-09-02 10:29, Kent wrote:

Actually, I think that wand and rod type weapons have melee attacks, however, instead of having physical techniques like that spin cut move for the saber-ish weapon, they will have magic techs.

I'm just going by what I've read. :/

Rion772
Sep 19, 2005, 06:56 PM
i think it would be the coolest if you could make a combo of a sword, long ranged weapon, and a tech all in one combo...like you stabbed the monster, then used a tech like rafoie or barta and freeze the inside of the monster or something then shoot it in the face if it was still alive...thats just me though...

i think it would deffinetly be cool to mix melee attacks along with techs..but i am concerned that this all might be 2 much to remember when u first start playing the game and seem too complicated for awhile which would not be fun trying to remember how to do everything..but that doesnt happen to me much..except with star ocean, this games techs look great and overall the game looks amazing.

Dre_o
Sep 19, 2005, 07:18 PM
What I would find most interesting is if you could combine two techs and come up with something completely different like if you combined Foi and Barta you would get some earth attack.

________
DR-Z250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_DR-Z250)

atomisk
Sep 19, 2005, 09:05 PM
i dont think that there will be 1 magic attack assigned to force weapons that replaces thier phys attacks, cause he was using the same staff in all of those pictures

Spider
Sep 20, 2005, 04:54 AM
Get away from this combining thing, its making me think of FFCC too much, damn that game was awefully disgusting.

Rion772
Sep 21, 2005, 05:07 AM
On 2005-09-20 02:54, Spider wrote:
Get away from this combining thing, its making me think of FFCC too much, damn that game was awefully disgusting.

that game was actually fun for awhile, anyway i doubt they'll combine different techs

Spider
Sep 21, 2005, 05:33 AM
On 2005-09-21 03:07, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-09-20 02:54, Spider wrote:

that game was actually fun for awhile, anyway i doubt they'll combine different techs

No, it was terrible, I felt so retarded purchasing it the day it came out for $100, worst game I've ever purchased.

atomisk
Sep 21, 2005, 06:30 AM
how can you tell someone theyre wrong for having fun?

Rion772
Sep 21, 2005, 04:50 PM
yeah, how can you tell me my having fun is wrong? haha, and it was fun when i first got it, i never beat it though..came close, the magic combining was lame at times tho

Spider
Sep 21, 2005, 05:31 PM
I have super powers to tell when someone is lying about how much fun they are having http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Haha, naa it was alright for a bit, like 10 minutes maybe... The way that characters transfered from different games couldn't keep items they collected was really stupid though, and so even though 2 of my mates also retardedly purchased the game, we never got around to playing 3 player, we barely even played 2 player. The whole game system was just terrible, the battling wasn't even that good.

Dre_o
Sep 21, 2005, 05:34 PM
I'm not going to argue with any one of you but playing with three players was awsome at least for me. But besides, this kind of arguement doesn't belong in this forum FYI.

________
KTM 200XC-W (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/KTM_200XC-W)

Rion772
Oct 1, 2005, 05:43 PM
I also hope for a much bigger assortment of techniques..instead of like...19 Phantasy Star Universe should have like...maybe 50-60 - that would be amazing.