PDA

View Full Version : Does sonicteam care for it fans equally.

lostinseganet
Aug 7, 2005, 08:23 AM
I have been talking about PSU with a few people in PSOX. We disscussed if it was worth it or not. One of the things that bothered us was the run around we are getting about Towards The Future.
Will we still get this same treatment in PSU. Will our legitimate concerns be addressed or will we be told to just quit. What do you think sonicteam will do? If any one of the American, European, or Japanese regions complain about something will one be perfered over the other?
Will they do nothing until their is some kind of backlash?

Getintothegame
Aug 7, 2005, 08:37 AM
It depends. It seems like they have a 'care at the beginning, wait for pay, then lower support' policy. Dreamcast was nice, they would patch the game more than they have done on GC/Xbox. Blue Burst is in it's moment of truth, they need to patch BB As soon as possible.

Nash
Aug 7, 2005, 08:57 AM
PSU is Sega's biggest upcoming title, and being released on the 2 platforms which gives it the biggest potential userbase.

A lot is riding on it, so I think support will be good.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 7, 2005, 09:09 AM
From ST's track record, yes JP players' concerns/requests for changes are preferred first and foremost.

This has been ranted about many a time as well.

For lack of support, XBOX PSO has the worst track record yes, that's also a fact. It has to do with Microsoft's servers and ST having to transfer work over to them to put onto the servers.

There were topics concerning customer service calls/e-mails to Microsoft's Live service and them not knowing one thing about ST's plans for future updates to XBOX PSO.

JP version(s) will get things first and their requests be answered first(while others' requests might not be answered at all http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ), that's just the way it is(or has always been, correct me if I'm wrong).

Lets all hope PSU will be different.

Rubesahl
Aug 7, 2005, 09:52 AM
I also think Xbox PSO got ill treatment but I think things will be different in PSU. Also BB has already started out differentlly. We have an actual calendar, we have Ulti released and we also had the AOL cup. Hopefully we'll have even more activities too http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif We finally have a US AND EU site for BB, with updated information and forums. We even have updated server messages when we log in. (Remember when you'd log in with JPN settings and would see all this yellow text which was the update? ) BB is already something diff so I'm hoping PSU will go down the same line or better.

I also wonder if it'd be nice if they had a development team specific for each region, ones that have enough ability to consult and approve suggestions. One things for sure, all activities should be international... Even if there's no international ranking, everyone should have everything at the same time...

Oh well >_> I know I'll import it anyways so I guess I won't have to worry about that just yet lol Still others are waiting ><;;

lostinseganet
Aug 7, 2005, 06:36 PM
I am hoping for some guys that can make a difference. People that we can communicate too. Not some guy that says I am just here for show I can not do anything. I personally feel that sonic team has not really addressed the concerns of the communities of pso.

DarK-SuN
Aug 8, 2005, 11:58 AM
I'm sure PSU will have a support as good as PSOBB (in terms of new stuff, updates and so on) and maybe as fast in potential exploit/bug correction as they were in PSODC.
They can't afford to screw up this time around like they did with PSOX (Microsoft being partially to blame since they were the ones who had to put the updates in, it was noticeable Microsoft was slacking with updates and it's likely Sonic Team told them to go to hell and stopped giving them stuff), although PSOGC had a decent support, IMO.

Still, it's obvious they will listen to the JP players first and the rest later, which in a way is ok since the problems JP players will have are most likely the same ones we'll have while playing online.
Quests will always have a delay for non JP regions, doesn't happen only with PSO (happens with all kinds of ORPGs and MMORPGs with multiple regions, the "home region" is always updated first), so I'm sure PSU will be no diferent.

Fredrick
Aug 8, 2005, 01:26 PM
Well ST has already showed us how careless they can be. Also sega seems bitter to Sony, puting their best games on GC and Xbox. People in Japan have a lot of pride, and I have a feeling they are going to not give a crap about what happens to PSU.

Im sure PSU is going to get great sales, so Sega is going to get their money. Even if they let the game go down the crapper you know darn well they are still going to get a lot of income, just because of how many people are on PS2... *cougheverquest*

InfinityXXX
Aug 8, 2005, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure but do you think that with all the versions of PSO, sonicteam was experimenting with us, finding out what to do and what not to do with PSU.

Uncle_bob
Aug 8, 2005, 04:37 PM
Infinity, that's how Uncle feels. Once PSO V2 rolled around for the dreamcast, Uncle thought that Sonic Team was just using the game as an experiment to see what the best set-up for the game would be.

Blue Burst is probably their biggest experiment yet. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Hopefully they've learned enough from all the PSO's to make PSU the kickass game we've dreamed it will be.

But to stay more on topic. Sonic Team seems to show more care for their American and European users this time around compared to the other versions. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2005-08-08 14:39 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Aug 8, 2005, 04:47 PM
I agree with what you say, Uncle Bob; PSOBB is definately a BIG experiment, most likely acting like a prototype for PSU's online structure (with diferences, of course, but the hack defenses and so on would work similarly).

martian_man
Aug 8, 2005, 06:24 PM
I disagree with the European support, they take much longer than they promise to reply to e-mail(eg. one day turns into two weeks).

Their replys to emails are also often short and uninformativee.