PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on clans?

Moo2u
Aug 19, 2002, 08:18 PM
With a couple a clan thing-a-ma-jigs floating around here, I thought I'd make a poll, just to see what people here actually think about clans. Well? What do you think?

Darrin
Aug 19, 2002, 08:48 PM
Everybody would know Im in a clan because of the little argument with Xerin

Rylios
Aug 19, 2002, 08:56 PM
I was in a clan but later it more became like a team
Clans usually brag ooo i'm better than you blah blah
Teams enjoy playing with each other
I'm not beig an Ass by saying all clans are like that "SOME"

Rhete
Aug 19, 2002, 09:02 PM
Clans are pointless. I'd rather just play with my friends and not exclude anyone

Shadow_Blade
Aug 19, 2002, 09:09 PM
I'm not in a clan, and I dont ever plan to again, but I'm fine with them. As long as they dont hurt the game.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Aug 19, 2002, 09:10 PM
TSFO pwns you all =^_^=. We have a uhhh, cleaner smell than other clans.

TedEdFred
Aug 19, 2002, 09:42 PM
I was/still am part of one, but we aren't really a "clan" more like a group/organization/guild now. PSO clans are ok for like battle or something I guess. But otherwise it's pointless.

PlatinumGame
Aug 19, 2002, 09:50 PM
The same principle about gangs, or gangbangers for you eh,.....applies to clans.

People join clans because they are weak alone.

Wewt
Aug 19, 2002, 09:55 PM
Clans only work well in games like Quake, where you have competitions between the clans. On PSO, clans don't do much really, apart from do what you do with your friends - just play regularly. So making them pointless.. with the exception of cheater clans, since PSO is so badly cheated now.

HarleyQuinn
Aug 20, 2002, 04:39 AM
Just curious, how would you define a 'clan' as opposed to a 'community' or 'guild'?

I wouldn't clasify people who join guilds as 'weak'. Surely they allow like minded players the chance to get together and play PSO without the fear of being NOL'ed, VK'ed FSOD'ed etc. As long as they don't cause harm to others, are accepting of new members and don't go around proclaiming they're better than everyone else, then I don't see it as a bad thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HarleyQuinn on 2002-08-20 02:48 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Aug 20, 2002, 04:48 AM
Clans/Guilds/Teams/whatever the hell you want to call them because all the terms fit, are fine for PSO, but not for me.

They are ok if you just want to play with a select group of people, there's nothing wrong with it. Atleast until you go around saying "My clan/guild/team is better than your clan/guild/team.".

When it turns into a popularity contest, it has gone too far.

SS_Death
Aug 20, 2002, 05:46 AM
Kind of a small clan...

Just a group of friends really.

I can see the point of clans, particularyly if it provides a way of meeting players without the risk of just wondering about randomly...

<_<

>_>

-_-

Dunno, don't ask me! I don't know!

*Runs away*

Neogame2
Aug 20, 2002, 07:09 AM
I like the idea of clans, I'm part of a clans with my friends who I see everyday, its btter than a clan over the internet.

Buffy
Aug 20, 2002, 07:30 AM
I can understand the need for clans in Quake or Unreal Tournament because you're fighting together against another clan. But in PSO? You're just fighting monsters.
I prefer the word "team" to "clan", for PSO at least.

~B.

HarleyQuinn
Aug 20, 2002, 07:53 AM
I see the members of the guild to which I belong the same way as I see friends in real life: people I share common interests with, people I enjoy talking to and people I enjoy playing PSO with. I don't see the harm in that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Not everyone wants to belong to a guild and that's fine...it's just personal preference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

masteryodacsf
Aug 20, 2002, 09:05 AM
My Opinion: Actually I hated the even thought of a clan. The word itself sickened me. I am a leader by nature and when I first started playing PSO, I turned down numerous offers to join pointless groups. One day a friend online PSO just told me about his clan briefly and gave me the address. I was curious to see what was up just cause he was a friend. I clowned a lot on the forum room but later met a lot of friends. I am now a devote memeber. Our clan has topics on jap animie, all kind of online games, we write our own RPG's, have general discussions and just have a good time. When I hear people down clans, I actually understand because I did they same thing. Some of the clans I saw in the past made no sense to me, that's why I hated them. I see now that it's all about finding the right group you feel at home with. This is a nice forum. We seem to have a nice time just hanging out and chating. For some, this is enough. Groups, sarorities, organizations, even governments are all established for the soul purpose to bring a collective amount of people with like minds and views together as one force (not to be viewed as being a gang.) It's all about one's point of view. Mine changed when I found my clan home. It may not be true for all, but for our clan, If you strip away the name "clan" it's actually a family...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: masteryodacsf on 2002-08-20 07:08 ]</font>

Ian D
Aug 20, 2002, 09:22 AM
I'm in a clan, and it's just people to team up with when you don't feel like looking for teammates. I still play with non-clan members, so I like the idea of a clan. Just people you know won't hack you and you can play with.

haterade
Aug 20, 2002, 09:43 AM
Heh, clans... not really my thing. I used to be in a few though, but I mainly joined to f*ck with people (on PSO). I remember I made this one level 40-something guy come with me to V-Hard Ruins because he wanted to join my crew... I told him that if he did well, I'd let him join (I was L100)...lol! And yes, he got slaughtered... no, he didn't have to do what I asked, but he did, and I knew he would... which made the shit funny...wow, I'm an asshole http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cabel
Aug 20, 2002, 10:18 AM
Yeah, thats exactly right. A clan isn't something in itself, but the members which make it up, you can't hate clans in general, unless you hate people communicating in general. Clans are just a community of people, who like to come under a common name. But I can see the downside to some of the clan structure, you have to neglect non-member PSO-friends because your busy secluding yourself in secret location with a secret password.

masteryodacsf
Aug 20, 2002, 10:31 AM
You are right. It all depends on the type of clan. Some are more general, others are more focused on one common goal. You can't really generalize with clans (I made the same mistake once). You just have to know which one is right for you (if any).

Kent
Aug 20, 2002, 06:32 PM
90% of all clans I have encountered are comprized of jerks, idiots, ignorant fools, and lead by stuck-up brats (and are usually all from the UK ... no offense). Thus the reason why I hate clans.

Wewt
Aug 20, 2002, 08:11 PM
On 2002-08-20 16:32, Kent wrote:
90% of all clans I have encountered are comprized of jerks, idiots, ignorant fools, and lead by stuck-up brats (and are usually all from the UK ... no offense). Thus the reason why I hate clans.

Mostly from the UK, are you serious?

I can name one annoying clan that's "based" here. There are countless elsewhere, mainly Oberon - a US ship.

PlatinumGame
Aug 20, 2002, 08:17 PM
I don't believe most clans are UK based. _-_

M_BlackHawk
Aug 20, 2002, 08:45 PM
The only clan I'm involved in is the fact that my characters, being a family, are a clan amongst themselves.

later

Spy
Aug 21, 2002, 12:15 AM
Back in the day DHS owned Pioneer 2... ah, happy times...

Gazebo
Aug 21, 2002, 05:10 AM
I liked the clan i was in.......but like alot of people are saying itz just like being a team you play with alot.........

HarleyQuinn
Aug 21, 2002, 05:42 AM
On 2002-08-20 16:32, Kent wrote:

Most of the clans/guilds I've come across have been friendly, helpful people who band together to avoid NOLers, PKers and FSODers. I guess you've just been unlucky. There are a lot of clans/guilds that are out to do harm to others, but I don't think it's fair to generalize to such an extent and say all clans/guilds are bad as a result.

I'm pretty sure that most clans aren't UK based.

masteryodacsf
Aug 21, 2002, 07:29 AM
I agree. Being in a clan or just forming a small group can help to avoid some unpleasant encounters with NOLers, Pkers and thieves. PSO is not the fun filled fantasy play land it started off to be. It can be like the cold streets of New York or D.C. Personally, I got tired of hanging in a popular lobby just to get dced/fsod. I'm not one to continue the madness, to me it's pointless, but I did see alternitives that changed the way I viewed PSO. I met the right folks, formed my own teams and met in our own lobbies, simple...

Shrevn
Aug 21, 2002, 10:25 PM
Clans suck. Theres just no way around it

Guile
Aug 28, 2002, 02:29 AM
I was in a guild once in PSO...did'nt last to long but it helped me to meet a lot of new people
I think they are better for FPS....
but I'm not much into them

they are ok

Guile
Aug 28, 2002, 02:32 AM
ooh but me and my friend once joined an all girl clan just to get free stuff

we were in it for a day...haha good times good times

(yeah yeah sad me, doing it for stuff!)

Armiatge
Sep 12, 2002, 03:08 PM
Clan/Guild/Teams can be ok... Depends on who you're in it with. If its with a few people you know well and get along with, those things can be fun. But if it's some lamers who are full ofthem selves and take in 40 random people they dont know just to make their clan big.... Those are the ones that end up sucking. Sol Bianca Pirates forever, whoo!

masteryodacsf
Sep 13, 2002, 12:02 AM
Some "clans" are only good for meeting on the online game itself, others have sites where they meet, hang out, and chat. Our clan is like a family, not too LARGE, but not small at all. We discuss all kinds of game topics, we have a section for playing our own RP's and stories. We have a good time. We are forming a faction "PSO Teams", for the coming of episode 1&2. Check us out some time. Just go to the forum, go to Gamer's Spirit and look at any PSO related topics. Have fun!...

http://www.clansilverfox.com