PDA

View Full Version : Think writing to Famitsu may make a difference

lostinseganet
Aug 8, 2005, 06:09 PM
With all the problems that have worried this community perhaps writing/emailing can make a difference. Without question sonicteam will seem like that care about what happenes in America.
I remember many US companies saying how surprised that team ninja came to their office, and talked to them. Famitsu Must have a readers comment page just like every video gamers mag out there. If we write to them as a group, and tell them our worries maybe they will write an article about it.
If it happens in their Mag the U.S. Mags will be sure to pick up on it, and both may ask sega to comment. I am sure someone there speaks english to some extent. Seeing many letters in english will peek their interest. It is worth a shot instead of just hoping that sonicteam will not screw up PSU.

Parn
Aug 8, 2005, 06:13 PM
It's a bit too late for that, given how far into the development cycle PSU is at. Printing of the discs will probably start about two weeks to a month before the official release date, which means the final client must be ready before that date. That leaves this month, next month, and one month afterwards for potential network and bug testing.

Because online games are programmed to be more open-ended than the average game, more bug possibilities are opened.

lostinseganet
Aug 8, 2005, 06:18 PM
On 2005-08-08 16:13, Parn wrote:
It's a bit too late for that, given how far into the development cycle PSU is at. Printing of the discs will probably start about two weeks to a month before the official release date, which means the final client must be ready before that date. That leaves this month, next month, and one month afterwards for potential network and bug testing.

Because online games are programmed to be more open-ended than the average game, more bug possibilities are opened.

Perhaps we can not change the actually game. We should focus on the customer service, and worries about patches then.
Justify our worries with sonicteams previous record, and our lack of being able to communicate our worries to them and see results.

Dre_o
Aug 8, 2005, 06:30 PM
Perhaps we can not change the actually game. We should focus on the customer service, and worries about patches then.
Justify our worries with sonicteams previous record, and our lack of being able to communicate our worries to them and see results.

Agreed, besides, we'll never know if it will make a difference if we don't try.

________
Honda CM200T (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CM200T)

Flame
Aug 8, 2005, 11:29 PM
my god the game isnt even out yet. Will you write them a letter when you at least KNOW there's something wrong with it? Everyone needs to stop jumping the gun on this one. The game and the service will never satisfy everyone.

Getintothegame
Aug 8, 2005, 11:41 PM
On 2005-08-08 21:29, Flame wrote:
my god the game isnt even out yet. Will you write them a letter when you at least KNOW there's something wrong with it? Everyone needs to stop jumping the gun on this one. The game and the service will never satisfy everyone.

Well, that's because they seem to ignore most problems until it's too late. For example, Episode 3. English Code. In the patch, you could FSOD users due to a glitch. They patched it, yes, but about a year later.

Right now, we've got hacking on PSOBB, very patchable, but have they done anything? No.

The only PSO they remotely seemed to care about was Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, and then in it's later time, they also abandoned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-08-08 21:42 ]</font>

Zelutos
Aug 9, 2005, 12:24 AM
Sorry, but i doubt that anything would change it all unless we had someone working for the companies.

Sorry http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Flame
Aug 9, 2005, 12:57 AM
I can see how they have been neglectful as far as hacking and cheating goes, but don't gripe about the gameplay to them if you havent played the game.

I'm all for complaining about security though -. -