PDA

View Full Version : possible PSO PSU connection?

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 10, 2005, 09:23 PM
Ok this is a long shot, but do any of you rememer Central Dome Fire Swirl? At the end you had to save someone named Dr. D.

Now take a look at the PSU trailer. Dr. Dawson. Ya I know this is a stretch.

Reenee
Aug 10, 2005, 09:40 PM
The guy DOES look old. And PSU DOES take place after PSO.

Clever, you are. *toss a cookie*

Rubesahl
Aug 10, 2005, 09:41 PM
On 2005-08-10 19:40, Reenee wrote:
The guy DOES look old. And PSU DOES take place after PSO.

Clever, you are. *toss a cookie*

It does? o.o

_Tek_
Aug 10, 2005, 11:36 PM
No, its takes a 1000 years before PSO right?

kazuma56
Aug 10, 2005, 11:50 PM
I don't think its even in the PSO timeline.... bu tthen again ,unless you want to go on trying to link PSO's plot holes and such to the PS series of old and the nlink em to PSU be my quest, but I think it has nothing to do with PSO's universe at all... and wasn't dr.d a fonewman?

DarK-SuN
Aug 11, 2005, 12:19 AM
The thing is, Kazuma, is that PSO is in the same timeline of the old PS games
In other words, yes, PSU is after and in the same time line as PSO; we just don't know how much after it is (or if they'll even place it at the same time as any of the previous games, only in a diferent solar system, say like PS3 which happens 1000 years after PSO itself according to the original Japanese PS timeline).

But, back to what Johnathan said, it'd be interesting if Dawson and D are the same, it'd mean PSU is only something like 50 years after PSO (unlikely, but it'd be interesting).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-08-10 22:20 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 11, 2005, 01:58 AM
Well Pioneer 2 had enough reason to leave.

Phantasy Star Online episode III had multiple endings remember, so it falls into the same category that Phantasy Star 3 did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-08-10 23:59 ]</font>

Bot-Bot
Aug 11, 2005, 09:12 AM
Or maybe the new Dr. Dawson is the son of the old one...

or his son's son...

or his son's son's son...

etc.

Of course this is dependant on exactly how long the 2 games are seperated.

Rubesahl
Aug 11, 2005, 03:23 PM
Or maybe it's just there to make fans go like "Oh is it him?!" lol

King_Rappy
Aug 12, 2005, 01:58 AM
A more likely connection is between the logo of AMF and the PSO seal.

DarK-SuN
Aug 12, 2005, 11:31 PM
King Rappy noticed the same thing I noticed.
It's the Pioneer 2 logo, with AMF slapped in the middle of it; it's also a familiar PS logo, so it may just be a big coincidence.

Of course, if we consider that the AMF ship seems to be an updated version of the Pioneer 2 ship structure, maybe it's not that unintentional afterall; but then again, the whole PS universe (not the game, the series universe I mean) uses mostly the same technology, so having a ship with a similar structure of the Pioneer 2 wouldn't be that difficult.

adamgnome104
Aug 13, 2005, 03:51 PM
Yes and the PSO Karen and PSU Karen are the same aswell.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif