PDA

View Full Version : General Disney World Rant

Bot-Bot
Aug 17, 2005, 12:51 PM
So, I just got back from a 4 day trip to Disney World. Overall it was pretty good, but of course, since we live in the real world, it was not perfect. So, here are a few things that I'm going to rant about...

1. Food Costs
Everyone already knows where this is going... So, I'm going to make it clear and simple in 5 words
FOOD
COSTS
TOO
DAMN
MUCH
Seriously though, why do they think that we who had to pay a bunch of money for flight, hotel, parks, gifts etc. want to go into the hotel cafteteria and pay 10 BUCKS FOR A FRIGGIN' SANDWICH. The food costs should be minimal in my opinion, not because I'm a cheap person, but because they sell this food to millions of people almost year round.

Or, maybe they think that they need all the money to build a 5th park? or maybe yet another waterpark.

2. Fat People
Please don't take this part offensivelly. But, I was sitting in front of a fat family (dad, mom, daughter) on a boat ride showing disney worlds crops and stuff. And guess what the topic of the ENTIRE ride was? FOOD!!! They would not shut up about it. First they were talking about they're lunch, and how godly the cheif was. So, that lasted about half the ride. Then, as we were going past the fruit tree section, the daughter says, "I hope there is free samples at the end". And I'm just thinking to myself, "Jesus arn't you already full from that huge lunch you won't shut up about?" Basically they were really annoying, and once we got off the boat... "Hey mom, I'd bet those pumpkins were delicious!" And I was http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gifing them in my head.

3. Planes
I, myself, hate commercial airplane for various reasons. First, the seats. They are ALWAYS uncomfortable, the table tray sucks, and you can't lean back, because people are there. Second, people. There was a family on the ride back that had a DVD player. Now, I know thats a good idea, but they didn't have any headphones plugged in... So, the entire plane could hear they movie, and it wasn't quiet, oh no, they had it cranked up to make sure the explosions SHOOK THE PLANE! Third, service. Sure, usually the planes service is ok, but this time... nope. They went about their usual starting rounds for drinks, but after that I did not see a single person come down to see if anyone wanted more.

If I think of more later I'll put them up.
But, on the lighter side...

We saw a duck that could catch food in the air.

I got my own hotel charge card. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And, There was a sweet build-a-bot game. There was a style competition and a race competition, and for the race there was a pad where you have to run in place to run jump on the jump pad to...er... jump, and a right and left turn place to run on. It was pretty sweet.

Allos
Aug 17, 2005, 02:45 PM
We Floridians try as hard as possible to stay away from Disney World for those reasons. We also refer to you tourists as touries.

Blitzkommando
Aug 17, 2005, 09:38 PM
Expensive food, yeah, it is pretty high. But, there are cities, all around the world, with much higher costs for food than Disney World. Not saying it is right, just saying that many of the people who visit Disney are from those places and find the food cheap.

Fat people are everywhere. And they aren't getting skinny either. Live with it. They aren't doing anything to you, they just like food, too much probably but it is still better than sitting in front of a newlywed couple that are... Well, you get the picture.

Airports and commerical airlines suck. Well, except for SouthWest, they are awesome compared to the others. And remember, you are flying in the aircraft made by the LOWEST bidder. It is GOING to suck. Why half the time you don't even fly via major airlines. Delta Connection is a great example. Read on the side of the aircraft who is really flying it. Or don't if you want to feel more assured. Though, with the way things are going, you might not have Delta, American Airlines, or any number of the big airlines for much longer. Well, except for SouthWest. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif