PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate little 'Barsteward'

Kizaragu
Aug 19, 2005, 02:23 PM
I work in a store that deals mostly in books.
For the last god knows how many months I've be selling pre-orders for the new Harry Potter book.

Now it's been just over a month since this book has graced it's presence within our lives.
Having been saying nothing but "Would you like to pre-order the Half BloodY prince etc." umpteen times a day, every day for the last 6 months, I deserve to read this book. Hell even if it's a piece of crap, I still worked hard to read it.
Now being a little sick of hearing his name, although having bought the book already, I haven't yet read it. Quite understandable really.

Now, everyone knows that a Character will die in this book. Hell, it's been a Harry Potter trait since book four.

Well, walking through the store briefly today to pick something up for a customer, I over heard a young little whipper snapper talking at a large number of decibels to his friend.

"OH IT'S *insert characters name here* THAT DIES! ONLY *insert characters name here*!"

Why thank you, you little loud mouthed gobshite.
I see you're a member of the Cub-Scouts. Please let me tighten your scarf and maybe shuff your woggle or whatever the hell it is down your air passage! You want a badge!? I'll give you a badge! It's called STFU. Not enough space on your arm? Here let me sew it over youre loudspeaker. Cry out for Baloo all you want my friend, he can't help you now.

6 months I've been selling that book. 6 bleedin' months. Sure I should of read it by now but still, I needed a break from all things hogwarts.
I'm not the biggest fan of the series but regardless, I don't want to know what happens, and who to until I read it.

You inconsiderate little prick.

This is why I dislike children. Not all mind, just most.

InfinityXXX
Aug 19, 2005, 03:08 PM
Lol, funny post. I don't like kids either.(Except the ones i'll have) I hate when people spoil stuff like a friend of mine found out that I had bought Tales Of Symphonia and he called me and the first thing he does is blurts out the ending.

Maridia
Aug 19, 2005, 05:00 PM
Kiz, you must not get around the internet much. >_> I had the book spoiled for me the night before it was even released in stores. ;/ I mean, it's kind of almost a mini internet fad, making things to do with that particular spoiler. Go to ytmnd.com and look around, I'm sure you'll find tons of them.

But yeah, that kid really shouldn't have been talking like that in a store that SELLS the damn book. You should have gone up and politely asked him to be quiet, as perhaps some people within 2 miles might not have read the book. <_<

Outrider
Aug 19, 2005, 05:23 PM
See, I got the book right before I went on vacation with my family for a week. We were at the beach with no internet and as little contact with the outside world as possible. I read the book at my own pace.

But you, good sir, must reap your fury upon the denizens of the juvenile underworld. Do it Kiz, for it must be done. With that, I have spoken.

Stan
Aug 19, 2005, 05:27 PM
On 2005-08-19 15:23, Outrider wrote:
See, I got the book right before I went on vacation with my family for a week. We were at the beach with no internet and as little contact with the outside world as possible. I read the book at my own pace.

But you, good sir, must reap your fury upon the denizens of the juvenile underworld. Do it Kiz, for it must be done. With that, I have spoken.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

CupOfCoffee
Aug 19, 2005, 06:00 PM
Even though I was never planning on reading the book, my mother spoiled it for me. 300 pages in, she decided that she was sick of little Harry Emo and his Teenage Misfit friends making out with each other, so she skipped to the end and then told me who died for some reason.

The next day I ended up seeing about 10 YTMNDs about it, though.

Kizaragu
Aug 19, 2005, 06:08 PM
On 2005-08-19 15:27, Stan wrote:
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif
Please don't use my thread to spam in. Fresh Kills this isn't.

On 2005-08-19 13:08, InfinityXXX wrote:
I hate when people spoil stuff like a friend of mine found out that I had bought Tales Of Symphonia and he called me and the first thing he does is blurts out the ending.
Like you pretty much pointed out, It's not a rare thing. People will constantly ruin many a film or game without thought. I'm guilty of that myself if I'm honest.
But unlike that little brat who's condemned to the hell from which he once spawned from, I've never felt the need to broadcast such things to the world.

On 2005-08-19 15:00, Maridia wrote:
Kiz, you must not get around the internet much. >_> I had the book spoiled for me the night before it was even released in stores. ;/ I mean, it's kind of almost a mini internet fad, making things to do with that particular spoiler. Go to ytmnd.com and look around, I'm sure you'll find tons of them.
That's what annoyed me about it even further. I've been very careful. I was almost ninja-like in my web surfing. Hiding in the shadows, avoiding anything spoiler like. But like all things, just when you're gaurd is down and you think you're in a safe zone some Flea-ridden/Father Groping/Son-of-a-Female-Dog decides to grab you buy the bagpipes and proceed in jumping up and down on them till you cry out "I just can't play anymore!" in a scottish accent.

On 2005-08-19 15:00, Maridia wrote:
You should have gone up and politely asked him to be quiet, as perhaps some people within 2 miles might not have read the book.
I was literally just too shocked too. I was glued motionless to the spot staring into the distance with a vacant expression on my face.

http://www.blakeneymanor.com/images/carryon/shock.jpg

If I had managed to utter a single word or sentence out of my mouth it would of been "Would you rather leave the shop now or later with my foot jammed solely up you're rear passage? GET OWT! NOW YOU WH**E!"

On 2005-08-19 15:23, Outrider wrote:
I will wreak my vengeance upon them and greatly so. I'll smuggle stolen goods upon their person and scream (manly of course) SECURITY!

Maridia
Aug 19, 2005, 06:44 PM
Oh Kiz, you're so cool! You show those brats a thing or two. You should carry around a customer service bat. Those are pretty handy at the workplace.