PDA

View Full Version : Well, good-bye PSOBB

Corey
Aug 20, 2005, 05:48 PM
Yep. I quit PSO. I also am leaving all the forums.
The community of this game is just so pathetic.
It's always, "zomg dupez" and "you sukk" from practically everyone. Even some people from this place have used words like these. I may still play
PSOGC. But that's all. Well, I wish I could say it was fun.

But it wasn't, sorry.

RicoRoyal
Aug 20, 2005, 05:57 PM
The PSOBB community as it stands now is no worse than what Gamecubes was a few years back when people still frequently played it. You've got only yourself to blame for meeting all the nasties of PSO. Why just a day or two ago I saw you in Cronus. That's the equivilant of going to Vega on Gamecube. Well... I take that back - Vega and it's inhabitants were much, MUCH worse.

You're tired of PSO. Good for you. Enjoy whatever you do from now on, but don't go accusing the entire BB community of being a bad one just because you don't know how to use the Player Matchup forum. PSO games can hold a max of three other players besides yourself. It would take no more than a handful of people to fix your troubles. Me thinks it's not he community that is to blame - it's the individual who never managed to make any friends. No one here forced you to sit in a lobby right next to script kiddies like Gamma. You did that youself. Byeee ~

Corey
Aug 20, 2005, 06:05 PM
lmao. I guess I shoulda added, none of this BS about the community I got was FROM Cronus 01-01 whatsoever.
And I'm so sorry I had friends who weren't "uber legitz".
also...that's such bullshit. GC's community was much better than BB's.

Copied from what I was going to IM someone.

Also:
There were good people. should I edit it to "THE MAJORITY"?

Skorpius
Aug 20, 2005, 06:08 PM
On 2005-08-20 15:57, RicoRoyal wrote:
The PSOBB community as it stands now is no worse than what Gamecubes was a few years back when people still frequently played it. You've got only yourself to blame for meeting all the nasties of PSO. Why just a day or two ago I saw you in Cronus. That's the equivilant of going to Vega on Gamecube. Well... I take that back - Vega and it's inhabitants were much, MUCH worse.
Actually, the community is much worse now. It's difficult to put into words that correctly describe the differences between October 03, and now, but I can assure that there is a difference, and for the worse. I didn't hate the community on GC then as much as I hate the community on BB now.

I guess the maturity level has decreased and the competition has increased, but that's not a very good description of what changed. It happens with the rotation of people, and the more mature, respectful, and fun players all moved on to new games (FFxi, WoW) or just don't have the time to play anymore. Also, maybe the 'kids' just need to go back to school, although the problems of school might amplify the attitudes online. If you can stand the community now, that's good, your tolerence level is higher than mine.

If it wasn't for a specific person, I would have stopped playing BB a long while ago. >_>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-08-20 16:10 ]</font>

JODDY
Aug 20, 2005, 06:08 PM
No community is perfect. You must also be tired of the game itself. There's no way I would let the idiots out there ruin my fun. I'm sure you have some friends on your guild card list that are fun to play with. All you need is 3 other people. Also, if GC is worse and it's slowly going down, why play it at all?

Neith
Aug 20, 2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry the game hasn't worked out for ya, but don't go badmouthing the entire community.

Yes, Ive met a lot of people I NEVER want to meet again, I've had the 'ZOMG! hax0r!. Retired into other blocks, and met a lot of great people though.

Cronus has always been the n00b ship, and it was inevitable that they'd move when Cronus began getting lobby crashed.

There's probably some witty phrase for this, but you gotta sweep aside the rubbish to find the decent players.

Anyway, bye.

RicoRoyal
Aug 20, 2005, 06:10 PM
On 2005-08-20 16:05, Corey wrote:
lmao. I guess I shoulda added, none of this BS about the community I got was FROM Cronus 01-01 whatsoever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ricoroyal/pancakebunny.jpg

EDIT:

On 2005-08-20 16:08, Skorpius wrote:
If it wasn't for a specific person, I would have stopped playing BB a long while ago. >_>;

Thank you for proving my point to Corey http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif

You don't need an entire community to enjoy a game like PSO. All you need are a few good friends and maybe a love interest here or there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-08-20 16:14 ]</font>

JODDY
Aug 20, 2005, 06:12 PM
On 2005-08-20 16:10, RicoRoyal wrote:

On 2005-08-20 16:05, Corey wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ricoroyal/pancakebunny.jpg

lmao, that really made me laugh

Skorpius
Aug 20, 2005, 06:16 PM
On 2005-08-20 16:10, RicoRoyal wrote:
Thank you for proving my point to Corey

You don't need an entire community to enjoy a game like PSO. All you need are a few good friends and maybe a love interest here or there. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I agree. Corey is a nice guy, I don't want to see him leave. ;(

Blitzkommando
Aug 20, 2005, 06:19 PM
I have yet to see any of this first hand. Lucky? Probably not, just smart enough to know not to let people like that even get my attention. I'm also smart enough to know where not to go simply from basic reasoning. Big, full places have greater chances for people like that. Why bother? I have a good team and plenty of friends outside the team who are great fun to play with. So, eh, bye?

Corey
Aug 20, 2005, 06:21 PM
Okay before my thread gets totally trashed because of this crap, this will probably be my last post.

@ Rico

I had plenty of friends on BB. But it just so happens there's almost always someone in their party who doesn't want me in the game, and I am turned down.

@ Fanta

Please make a valid comment. Not spam.

@ anything else
Look. The game's community in -general- (THIS DOES NOT MEAN, OMG EVERYONE IN THIS GAME SUCKS) sucks.
Not just Cronus 01-01. I went to play with a friend on another block. Oh hey. Look, another player is in the lobby. He starts flaming me and calling me a n00b hacker. This has happened to me more than 10 times. That's just a example.
I'm done. Apparently when I post it just attracts negative comments.

JODDY
Aug 20, 2005, 06:51 PM
Everybody has a right to their opinions. You posted here so people would read your opinion. You yourself posted a negative comment. You should've expected at least a couple negative ones back. You know you offended some people. Well anyways I wish I had a chance to play with you but ive never seen you in the game. Yes and this is my last post. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Infiniteque
Aug 20, 2005, 08:04 PM
To all of those people who bitch and complain about PSO BB, think GC PSO is "so much better" and then threaten/promise to leave PSO BB forever to go back to GC PSO:

01. Deep down, I'm sure that almost no one cares what you play.
02. Have fun playing solo offline/desolate online.
03. Good riddance.

To shed another light on the subject: At least PSO BB has a community TO hate.

And in other news: Congrats to everyone who won things in Max Attack 2 so far! I've been watching the stats very closely for the past few days, and I've seen quite a few names that I recognized in the listings.

I'll do my best to contribute more scores to the 60 million goal!

EDIT:

Apparently when I post it just attracts negative comments.

I'd like to add that my "negative" (as I'm sure they'll be taken) comments are not due to your post in particular, but all of the idiots who whine about this very same topic. Furthermore, I do hope that you don't take my post as a direct hit against you, and understand that it is very much directed toward you and everyone else who posts about this same thing.

And I say to any, and everyone: If you don't like PSO BB, just don't play it. Extra whining is completely unneccessary. And when is this going to be moved to the Dead Horse Society?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majiteque on 2005-08-20 18:11 ]</font>

Jack
Aug 20, 2005, 08:08 PM
I think Corey's right. It might be people being cynical about the game after four or five years of playing it, but there's a lot more hostility around. People are being flamed left right and centre for asking valid questions. If I'd been met with responses like are floating around now when I first starting playing, I'd have put the game away and never returned. I'm going back to University in the middle of September, so I guess that's as good a time as any to put the full stop on me and the game. Having been through the Dreamcast, GameCube and now Blue Burst, I can safely say this version of the game is at the bottom of the pile because of the hostility of the bulk of the community.

Infiniteque
Aug 20, 2005, 08:14 PM
On 2005-08-20 18:08, Jack wrote:
I think Corey's right. It might be people being cynical about the game after four or five years of playing it, but there's a lot more hostility around. People are being flamed left right and centre for asking valid questions. If I'd been met with responses like are floating around now when I first starting playing, I'd have put the game away and never returned. I'm going back to University in the middle of September, so I guess that's as good a time as any to put the full stop on me and the game. Having been through the Dreamcast, GameCube and now Blue Burst, I can safely say this version of the game is at the bottom of the pile because of the hostility of the bulk of the community.

-applaud-

Well put, my good sir.

In case you missed it: tired of the game = QUIT PLAYING IT.

On 2005-08-20 15:48, Corey wrote:
Yep. I quit PSO. I also am leaving all the forums.
The community of this game is just so pathetic.
It's always, "zomg dupez" and "you sukk" from practically everyone. Even some people from this place have used words like these. I may still play
PSOGC. But that's all. Well, I wish I could say it was fun.

But it wasn't, sorry.

FISSION MAILED.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Majiteque on 2005-08-20 18:18 ]</font>

Saiffy
Aug 20, 2005, 08:49 PM
Eh, whatever. I don't know quite why you've had such a rough time with the community, I played with you once or twice and GC and it was really enjoyable. Good luck with whatever you do, though.

On the subject on GC, I can always find 3 people online, that's enough for a team, right? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (Of course though, I've been commonly c-moding with the same 3 or 4 people for the last little bit, haven't gotten much time to do regular stuff <_<)

Dek
Aug 20, 2005, 09:39 PM
On 2005-08-20 18:04, Majiteque wrote:
And I say to any, and everyone: If you don't like PSO BB, just don't play it. Extra whining is completely unneccessary.

This may be true. However, we should at least let the people who were unsatisfied at least express their opinions (then again, only if they express it in a mature nature and if they actually have a point). There have been some valid points made when comparing the GC community to the BB community, such as character and account management.

Anyways, we may have had some differences here and there, but its a shame to see you go. I really don't know what to say except goodbye.

Corey
Aug 20, 2005, 09:51 PM
Okay. Guess I couldn't resist replying to this thread again.

You really wanna know why I would play GC again?

Because people there fucking trust me.
On BB, very few people trusted me.
And I got tired of it.

GC does have a community still.

Majiteque, I fail to see where your coming from however. Oh well

Nisshoku
Aug 20, 2005, 10:29 PM
Sorry to hear this, man. I just got on BB myself, and got my HL GC cancelled. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

However, I do have a friend who is going online on the GC version, so I can try and get you two to meet.

I'll still be on MSN, if you still choose to talk to me.

navci
Aug 20, 2005, 11:28 PM
On 2005-08-20 16:21, Corey wrote:
@ Rico

I had plenty of friends on BB. But it just so happens there's almost always someone in their party who doesn't want me in the game, and I am turned down.

It's a popularity game. It is choose someone else or you, if your "friends" are always choosing someone over you, then he/she/it really isn't much of a friend now is it?

On 2005-08-20 16:08, Skorpius wrote:

Point.

Nai_Calus
Aug 21, 2005, 01:22 AM
Eh. Join the club. If you bump into me on GC sometime, feel free to bug me.

I'd go into things more, but as we all know, PSOBB is perfect and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron. 9_9

There are better games to play than PSO anyway. >_>

Neith
Aug 21, 2005, 07:47 AM
PSOBB's far from perfect http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm really hoping they do a better job with PSU- but knowing Sonic Team that won't happen. I await the 'cheat free online play', followed swiftly by 'j00 hax0rz!'

Every community has it's crap, PSOBB just has a lot more of it.

Feelmirath
Aug 21, 2005, 10:05 AM
Sorry to see you go Corey... You were probably one of the first people i properly knew on BB.
But anyway, yup, theres loads of bullshit on bb. Just an hour or 2 ago there was ANOTHER lobby crash on hyperion... Whoever picked there as the main MA2 place should have been shot. -_-

Sizzors
Aug 21, 2005, 11:20 AM
All online RPGs have problems, look at WoW, so much hacking, so little time. Don't blame us, blame the hackers and people who come up with cheat codes.

Infiniteque
Aug 23, 2005, 10:01 AM
On 2005-08-20 19:51, Corey wrote:

And I got tired of it.

You heard it here first folks; another example of one player's personal issues taken out on SEGA/Sonic Team's game, PSO.

So basically, you're not complaining about the game itself, you're not complaining about the community of PSO either.. you're just whining because of the fact that "no one trusts" you?

How old are you? I hope you grow out of that, because if you really care that much about whether other people trust you or not, you're going to be extremely disappointed a -lot- in life, and especially in just about ANY online game.

Solstis
Aug 23, 2005, 10:44 AM
On 2005-08-23 08:01, Majiteque wrote:

On 2005-08-20 19:51, Corey wrote:

And I got tired of it.

You heard it here first folks; another example of one player's personal issues taken out on SEGA/Sonic Team's game, PSO.

So basically, you're not complaining about the game itself, you're not complaining about the community of PSO either.. you're just whining because of the fact that "no one trusts" you?

How old are you? I hope you grow out of that, because if you really care that much about whether other people trust you or not, you're going to be extremely disappointed a -lot- in life, and especially in just about ANY online game.

Apparently, some people, no matter what their age, feel the need to correct others.

Who benefits from this? I'd venture to say that idealogical rantings do nothing more than to boost the ego of the man or woman on the soap box. I doubt that Corey, or anyone reading this thread will suddenly jump out of their chairs and shout: "Omg! Maj is right! I am wasting my time and therefore my life!"

Your confrontational nature does nothing to help the situation. I am sure that my post will do nothing as well.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 23, 2005, 11:05 AM
On 2005-08-20 20:29, -Nisshoku- wrote:
Sorry to hear this, man. I just got on BB myself, and got my HL GC cancelled. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

However, I do have a friend who is going online on the GC version, so I can try and get you two to meet.

I'll still be on MSN, if you still choose to talk to me.

@Nisshoku: I wonder who your talking about?

@Corey: You hated it, your leaving, you ranted. All things considered I suppose you accomplished what you set out to do. And the issue of mistrust, that will always happen if your on an online game. From what little I gathered I guess you have some acquaintances that have either used hacks and dupes. And unfortunately you have been stereotyped to be like your acquaintances. May be from that old saying "tell me who your friends are, and Ill tell you who you are". I am not saying that you are, Im saying that perhaps you have been perceived as one. I also realize that you apparently don't have issues with dupers and hackers or what not, that you see them as good players regardless of their habits... but remember... that is your choice... and not many people will see things like you do.

But you have moved on to better things, so this thread has served its purpose.

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah, we got our vent on, lets end it.

oh and check out my sig Corey.

*/blatant advertising*