PDA

View Full Version : StarWars: BattleFront

Uncle_bob
Aug 20, 2005, 10:08 PM
So Uncle was wandering around the other day and picked up StarWars: BattleFront for $24 American. Uncle tries out the offline portion and is just SHOCKED at how beautifully detailed the environements are, both indoors and outdoors. And the AI is mighty impressive, Uncle felt like he was actually playing against human opponents. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Then this morning Uncle went to try the online mode of the game. One word: Bullshit.

It sucks more than a black-hole prostituting itself for money. Problems?
1. You can't fucking communicate. From what Uncle could see, there's no way to type messages to other people playing online with you. The only way to communicate is to buy a USB headset for the PS2, which isn't worth it for this game.
2. Lag. Even on cable, this game is the laggiest game Uncle has ever played. On his first online session his poor little battle-droid got flung up about 30 feet into the air and died for no reason.
3. The people suck. After the events in #2, the host booted Uncle for no reason at all. In addition, all the people you play against suck. On Uncle's 2nd round of the game he had the highest score, and he has only had the game for a few days now. The AI combatants are much more intelligent than the people Uncle went up against.

There's a sequel coming out in November, but it's probably not an improvement. Don't get Uncle wrong, this is a great game if you play offline! But don't waste your time playing online.

C'mon LucasArts, you could have done better with online mode. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Outrider
Aug 20, 2005, 10:16 PM
Not that it really helps you, but I think it's supposed to be relatively better on X-Box, at least in terms of how the game itself runs.

Scrub
Aug 20, 2005, 10:24 PM
I only ever played the game's co-op "Galactic Conquest" mode over at my friend Fenix's house, but LORD, you're right when you say that it was a fun game. =D

I kind of wanted to get around to picking it up for myself sometime, for the XBL play, but after what you said...eh, I might give it a skip.

Dek
Aug 20, 2005, 11:36 PM
Wait...you got Battlefront for the PS2?

No wonder why you're having problems...

No really. I dont mean to sound rude, but with the PC version, I dont deal with giant amounts of lag or unskillful people...

The headset? Well, I dont use one, so I really can't say for a fact as to whether or not the PC version is compatible (if it is, its probably for special servers)