PDA

View Full Version : With the new weapon info something comes to mind.....

kazuma56
Aug 22, 2005, 03:45 AM
Now that they have this 3 weapon system thing, maybe creating your "class" is more or less based on the weapons you use (like disagea).

For instance, every weapon you can equip has a lvl bar in your status screen, the more you use X weapon(s), the higher your bar increases, once it maxes you get a lvl up in that weapon category, and to make it a little more in depth, say the more you use the X weapon of X system, the more of that weapons class types/styles become available to you. Like say your basic saber is the only weapon you can use at lvl 1, when you get to say lvl 3 you can equip a sword, and at lvl 15 you can equip 2 sabers i each hand and so on and so forth.

Reenee
Aug 22, 2005, 08:38 AM
Are you in Sonic Team? Because that post was perfect.

Tact
Aug 22, 2005, 08:42 AM
Perhaps weapon levels can also correspond to different types of the same weapon.

Like lvl 1=Saber, level 6=Brand, level 14=Buster and so on?

DarK-SuN
Aug 22, 2005, 12:01 PM
Makes sense, in a way it's what I always hoped they make for PSU (and what's more logical considering that every race can use every weapon).

Reenee
Aug 22, 2005, 01:56 PM
Know what? This can also be considered a safeguard.

In PSO, to equip items, it relied on a stat or your level. More importantly, it would annoy people for those who just went goddamn overkill and used powerful rares at early levels. Now with this way, it won't be so easy, thus limiting the usage of powerful rare items.

I say if this is actually seen, it will make things a lot more enjoyable.

Also, if there was such a reward to increase a weapon skill, make it through a quest and that the game would modify it, not through some stupid item.

kazuma56
Aug 22, 2005, 07:21 PM
I actually didn't think that far ahead Reenee but that is a good point actually, if the weapon system was built this way, it eliminates people from power leveling or over-powering their lvl 1 chars....but then again, since mags no longer exist, that also does the same thing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-08-22 17:21 ]</font>

_Tek_
Aug 22, 2005, 08:06 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea, its similar to FFXI. You can level each kind of class individually, without getting restricted to that one class, and be able to change. So if this system were used, you could make a FO RA or HU type and be able to change when you felt like it. The only restriction would be the race's natural growth(if you were a cast you probably won't be a magic user, but the choice would still be there).