PDA

View Full Version : Looks like PSU will also have a very complex font.

_Tek_
Aug 24, 2005, 04:13 AM
I'm sure you all remember the PSO letters on all of the signs and how it was nearly illegible (one sign in the caves stage was backwards, took me awhile to figure it out, but it WAS BACKWARDS, ST!!!?)

So anyways, i find it pretty neat how ST goes and takes regular english letters and makes in such an illegible way that it almost looks like a new alien language.

(See ethan's pants for example)

It appears the beastmen also have their own very strange letters

(see the beast section on the main site)

Dam the only letters I've got are from Cast and Human, and I can see what it says on Ethan's pants, since there's no spaces between the letters, they are right close together.

Here's the example I made in paint:
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2966/psufont0wy.jpg
The bottom one squishes the letters together like on ethan's pants.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-08-24 19:36 ]</font>

lostinseganet
Aug 30, 2005, 02:32 PM
Ahh yes. I still remember being able to read the word shop in ponieer 2, but not realizing that was the language that I had no idea how to read. I would be neat if they made all the words in pso like that even the option stuff. I also hope they give us more stuff to read.

_Tek_
Aug 30, 2005, 07:49 PM
No, trust me, you don't want everything to be written in that, especially numerical data. I've downloaded teh PSO font, its just a pain to bother with. The numbers are basically like monomate icons but with little dots and line sin the middle to represent a number. Looks better in art or something.

adamgnome104
Aug 30, 2005, 11:53 PM
I thought it was extremely easy, but I could tell other people found it hard to read when I used to type that way on PSO GC. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's not that hard, I realized that there was teh sign in caves that said, Danger, Up... It's not that hard. >_>

It's easy to read after you get used to it.