PDA

View Full Version : Otakon Report!

Sayara
Aug 25, 2005, 09:37 AM
Well. This was my first time going to one of these shindigs. I had NO idea about Pre-reg...or EVEN WHEN the whole thing was. My Friend came Tuesday (of the week of ota) saying its that weekend. So i tell him, save me some space in his "place"

Come Friday Morning 5:00amish we leave off to Baltimore (luckly not too far away) Get there around 6:45. Lookiting at the CC to see a big clump. "Ohh boy, its getting crowded"... LITTLE DID I KNOW that the clump becomes a line leading 4 corners around the center.

Long story short, we wait for 2 hours and 15 minutes, one staff member ready to scream in agony (to the otakon people... CAR=BAD!! girl XD) There STILLL a hold up at the door. These dudes i was with got angry and asked for assistance, so the staffer pulls them (including me and 2 boys) in and we got first dibs for tickets and badges (after the pre-reggies of course.)

So i'm in. Cool. I relax, and sit for a moment to heal my feet. Standing hurts. Turns out my buddy is out having breakfest, but doesnt know where its called. So i go on a wild goose chase in the rain to find him, to find i went through the wrong sky walk XD.

So we finally meet up. We watch some Basketball Anime, rather joked about how serious these people made the game. We then high tailed over to more other movies, including a robot man who kicks and shoots cans and admits love to a human (Final Fight something).

Later on we go to the Dealer Room, and boy was it crooowwwddded. Soo many people in there! I was bad and bought alot in the first day...

Lain 1 2 and 3 in the 3 dvd for $20 spot.
Lillith Doll for 18$
A Grab Bag for $20 containing...
DOM Mobile Suit Gundam with detaching hands for Bazooka and Light Saber Modes!!
Tiny tiny Gundam
A pin of a girl in Shaman King
Poster of Gundam Seed :S
Ongenai Twins Girly with a Merry Christmas Banner (Red hair, not the green hair)
Neo Genisis Evangelon ...Soap Dish. With Asuka 1/2 naked and 1/2 bodied XD

TIME WARP a bit, we get pizza from this joint in the Mall next to Hyatt (BUT NOT the one near the Harbor).

We find the game room, that was a dream. They had sooo mannnny games!!

I played Pop'N Music and Beatmania IIDX finally, after so long of wanting to try. Failed IIDX but passed Pop'n...eventually. (passed an 8 and 12.) Then i played Tetrist Attack, but it did not have Yoshi Characters, it had Fairies. It was the ORIGINAL of Tetris Attack, and thats crazy. I wish it were realeased to English. (Yet, they're doing this bit for GB, and not GC D: )

I also tried Guilty Gear XX and was slaughtered by a...mmm Ky i beleive.

WARP to 11 ish, im half awake, and sick (dizzy/bones) and watch Elfin Lied. The highlight of Anime this weekend.

1:00 comes and it turns out... the RV we're using is SUPER small. >-> My friend gave me the dining chairs/bed while he took the floor (which he made wooden planks to sit).

I sleep for 5 hours, and awaken at 6....

(Saturday Report another time)

EphekZ
Aug 25, 2005, 10:36 AM
...It sounds like you had fun..