PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Short: Hunting Trip

PhotonDrop
Aug 28, 2005, 02:32 AM
I got bored and decided to write something. Behold my lameness! X3

---

There was a flash of light. The sound of something hitting the ground echoed through the Forest. A pale RAmarl wearing a light blue uniform dropped to her knees before a monstrous black creature. Her hired aid came rushing into the room and stopped dead in their tracks as the beast swung at the small female. It was then that the aid noticed the broken shotgun some distance away from it's owner.

"I told you not to go too far from me!" The purple haired HUnewearl shouted.

The beast, known as Hildetorr, noticed her and lumbered towards her. It reared back and threw another punch, but the HUnewearl ducked under it.

"No, monster, I am too good for that."

She then rolled under it's legs and ran the blades of her Claw up it's back. The Hildetorr roared and spun around, knocking the HUnewearl down. It then slammed both fists down, barely missing it's target. The HUnewearl drew her Varista and shot at the beast's face several times. The Hildetorr reeled back and held it's hands over it's face, screaming in pain. It then charged recklessly into the denser forest, leaving the two females alone.

The HUnewearl layed on her back on the grassy earth, watching the rain fall. She sat up and felt a sharp pain in her arm.

"Ow, that damn monster must have hit me after all..."

The HUnewearl flinched as the arm healed with a cast of Resta. She then stood up and holstered her gun and remembered about the RAmarl. She ran to her side and shook her.

"Hey, Nevada, are you all right?"

The RAmarl slowly opened her eyes, she looked around the small clearing and said,"Yeah, I'm fine, I managed to dodge the attack. I was just grazed by it is all."

"Next time listen to me when I say don't go too far. The situation could have been much worse if that Hildetorr was accompanied by other animals."

"Sorry Noir, I just wanted to find that Disk quickly. You were busy looking over that map."

Noir stood up and brushed some of her purple hair behind her ear,"Looks like your weapon's broken though. We should hear back to the ship." She then turned around and started walking toward the main teleporter.

She quickly spun around and caught a Pallasch between the blades of her Daylight Scar. Nevada grinned and said,"I forgot to mention something. I am an assassin."

Noir pushed her back and held up her weapons in defense, "Yeah, I kinda figured."

"I admit, you're pretty cool, Noir. If I could I would leave you alone but my client gave me too much money for that." Nevada began to glow and a complex circle appeared around her. She raised a hand to the air and after a strange chant called out the name "Farlla!"

Noir took a step backwards, she shielded her eyes from the light, "What the... what are you doing? What is that!?"

A purple serpent appeared from the light and circled around Nevada, then coiled around her.

"This is something of a specialty to me. It's why I purposely let that Hildetorr attack me. Meet the Photon Beast, Farlla." she then extended her arm and the serpent shot at Noir with blinding speed. The HUnewearl quickly held her arms infront of her. Farlla smashed into the Daylight Scars and toppled the HUnewearl over, it then slithered back to Nevada and coiled around her again.

Noir climbed to her feet and held her arm, it hurt alot. "Resta didn't have enough time to fully heal my arm. one more attack like that could cost me it."

Nevada laughed,"It's been a while since I have had a target that could defend against Farlla. The last one was some girl that went by the name PhotonDrop."

Noir then reached for her gun, and before she could pull it out Farlla shot at her again. She put up her good arm and blocked the attack again, but was knocked down again.

"Come on, you are skilled Hunter. Don't let Farlla do that to you. Fight back!" Nevada teased. She then sent the serpent to attack once more. Noir pulled back her arm and punched at it, the blades of her Daylight Scar stabbed deep into it. The serpent began to glow, cracks appeared all over it's body, then finally it vanished, leaving a trail of light in it's place.

Nevada laughed,"Congradulations, you passed the test."

Noir stared at the RAmarl, she was confused to no end,"...What test?"

Nevada put a hand on her forehead and one on her hip as she looked up to the cloudy sky, trying to contain her laughter, "Remember how I said I was an assassin? I lied. I'm actually a high ranked official in the Hunter's Guild, I evaluate the skills of Hunters, and set this whole thing up to see how good you are. And you passed with flying colors!"

Noir dropped to the ground and held her arm, "Even if you are, did you have to nearly break my arm for this?"

"Sorry, I didn't intend on the Hildetorr actually hitting you. But like you said, it could have been worse! But whatever, lets get that arm taken care of now." Nevada helped Noir to her feet and walked toward the teleporter.

Noir looked at the RAmarl and smirked,"I wish I was told ahead of time, I would have let you stay alone with that thing."

Nevada playfully hit the HUnewearl on her shoulder as they went through the teleporter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2005-08-28 00:34 ]</font>

Fanta
Aug 28, 2005, 11:07 AM
I knew the HG was evil! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Pretty good.

Dana
Aug 28, 2005, 12:49 PM
Nice for PD^^
Very confusing and my first impressions changed 2 times http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Exelent work

PhotonDrop
Aug 28, 2005, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If things go right tomorrow I should have another short up, but that all depends on how long I'm on Maple Story <_<;