PDA

View Full Version : I hate my town...

Monomate
Aug 31, 2005, 08:06 PM
They're kicking Katrina refugees out of hotels here because of the people coming down for the football game. Yeah the people coming for the football game have reservations, but the refugees have NOWHERE TO GO! and they are being turned out! This sickens me! I hate the fact that I live in a town where football is more important than life. Where people who have very little left in the world, and no hope, are turned away in favor of people who come to watch a goddamn football game...

I fucking hate this place...and I FUCKING HATE FOOTBALL!

Oplem
Aug 31, 2005, 08:18 PM
That. That is totally not cool. Not cool at out. Invite people to stay in your home, or in friends home. Its better then them having no where to go.

Or ask your school to keep them in the gyms.

Zelutos
Aug 31, 2005, 08:22 PM
On 2005-08-31 18:18, Oplem wrote:
That. That is totally not cool. Not cool at out. Invite people to stay in your home, or in friends home. Its better then them having no where to go.

Or ask your school to keep them in the gyms.

I'm not sure about that...wouldn't they loot you like they are stores?

EphekZ
Aug 31, 2005, 11:24 PM
Didnt the looters stay in lootable places liek flooded places? every time they show looting its a flooded place.

take the chance but the gym thing is much better and safer plus....its bigger =D

tabycat
Sep 2, 2005, 02:31 PM
it's not true. There was one hotel in our area that was doing that and it was heard from a newspaper article. Well yeah, just thought I would update since he didn't. basically people had to move from the hotel rooms to the ballrooms and whatnot, or to local shelters