PDA

View Full Version : Room Mate troubles

Momo-chan
Sep 6, 2005, 09:32 AM
Well into my 5th day of college and already having trouble. whoo boy. Well, recently i have lost my voice. so I really can't say what i would like to.

My room mate got a boyfriend yesterday....and well i was watching TV after a long day. They come in and loud .

"Hey Ali, whatcha up to?"
me: *points at TV*
"You should be more active, be wild, come on and have some fun! Talk a little"
-Hold the phone.
For one, i CAN'T talk. what part of that do you not understand?! ><;

Well after a few minutes they start making out on the bed... and talking loud and i can't hear the TV...

now for one, i'm very paitent. not a whole lot bugs me, i tend not to get mad at annoying things. That just drove me up the wall. So i got up and started out the door.

"where ya going Ali?"
Me: *points at the door*

I went to my sister's dorm room. wrote to her what was going on. She got a wee bit pissed off(i don't blame her, i was pissed too). She suggested getting a new room mate.(i kind of agree, she is...not very tolerable)

Well i stayed at my sister's dorm and watched the little mermaid with her. she was doing laundry too, so i helped out a bit.

It was about 2am before i went back to my room. I thought she would be in bed by now or at least the guy is gone.

Nope, walk in. and they are still loving on the bed. Needless to say, i wasn't a happy camper. I have class at 8:30am and they kept at it. I got paper and wrote really big, "GET OUT"

Well, not like they really noticed me at first. =/

so i got annoyed and shoved the paper in their faces.

They both ended up leaving with some rather rude remarks.

I was half tempted to block the door. My room mate came in and out our room three or four times. I haven't a clue what she was doing, but i had my thoughts >>;

I wake up at 7:40am today. and she was in her bed. i haven't really aknowledged her at all today. Still kinda mad for all the disrespectfulness(spelling) that happend last night. -_-;

I'm seriously thinking of getting a new room mate. thats something i can't stand. If your going to make love and be loud and all that. Tell me so i can leave.

Scejntjynahl
Sep 6, 2005, 10:42 AM
Roomates from hell. Just obnoxious people that think the room is there for their sexual escapades, oh heaven forbid the thought that perhaps its to study and relax in OH NOEZ! But seriously though, if they want to "use" the room they could have told you... I mean they can't be embarrased about it since they were willing to go at it full knowing you are also in that room. Shees. Definetely get a new roomate, it will be to your benefit.

Btw, why exactly can't you talk? Sorry for the question, but it did make me curious. And if its too personal to ask you don't have to answer.

Good luck with finding a new roomate. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Feelmirath
Sep 6, 2005, 11:07 AM
Wow Momo, thats sucks big time http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Yeah, id either move out, or tell her to GTFO. Things can be easier to sort out than you think, sometimes. Then there are the other times. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Momo-chan
Sep 6, 2005, 12:10 PM
well, i don't want to walk in and see them having sex or something -_-;; i don't want to be scared for life DX so i am thinking of moving rooms. I'm not sure if i should give a second chance. i mean, total lack of respect T-T and i'm still a little mad about it.

@senj - PMed

Meh
Sep 6, 2005, 12:12 PM
Well if your room mate is that annoying move room.

BogusKun
Sep 6, 2005, 03:07 PM
I wanna have a sexual excapades right about now. (dreams of some seks in a can) mmmmm yum.

By the way... if it's on campus. Go complain a few times and wa-laa!

opaopajr
Sep 6, 2005, 11:24 PM
hmm, 5th day of college and you caught either laryngitis or something. that sucks, but surprisingly common -- all those new people with their infectious material. usually the first week is getting to know each other and then laying the ground rules for living together.

but don't feel bad. almost every first roommate situation in college is a horror story. just give it a moment to cool down, let your screaming voice heal, and get ready to have a calm discussion about comfort levels and politeness. some cultural groups feel a lot more comfortable making out in front of others and sleeping in mixed company spread-eagle; most don't. but it needs to be aired out in the open.

and then comes the part where two people just don't... gel. outside of getting a new roommate (which could be even worse, trust me the bastards planning it all out are quite perceptive on how to torment people), one of the best ways is just not intermingling much. towards the end that's how my first roommate and i dealt with each other. good person, but the personality gulf was a bit too large. our room was literally like the dividing of yin and yang. so we just gave each other outrageous amounts of space until the year was over. you might end up doing the same.

KaFKa
Sep 7, 2005, 01:35 AM
Change rooms and be done with it.

Momo-chan
Sep 7, 2005, 07:30 AM
bit of an update:

Well, my room mate hasn't been in the room ever since the incedent(spelling?) She has been in her boy friend's room http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif She even spent the night in his room O.O they can get in a lot of trouble.

And i talked to my RA about switching rooms.

RA:"You shouldn't want to leave your room mate after one misunderstanding or diagreement, give it time and let it die down some"

I just kinda nodded. So, unless she pulls another stunt like that, I'm staying in the room.

And she can stay up in his room =/ no arguments there.

Daikarin
Sep 7, 2005, 07:42 AM
Well, in case it happens again, I suggest changing the roomate.

I once barged in my roomate's girlfriend, who was sleeping on my bed, by accident. But things were kinda different there, I was living on his house. But on your case, you have the right to want a new one, because there's no price for your own privacy. Ask her if she would like if you brought strangers she didn't like on after-hours.

That's just the way it is, college kids are too liberal. Thinking they have more freedom, they assume they can do whatever they want. Don't let their attitude influence you. Good luck.

hollowtip
Sep 8, 2005, 01:23 AM
On 2005-09-07 05:30, Momo-chan wrote:
bit of an update:

Well, my room mate hasn't been in the room ever since the incedent(spelling?) She has been in her boy friend's room http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif She even spent the night in his room O.O they can get in a lot of trouble.

RA:"You shouldn't want to leave your room mate after one misunderstanding or diagreement, give it time and let it die down some"

I just kinda nodded. So, unless she pulls another stunt like that, I'm staying in the room.

I don't want to go off topic and I hope you don't take this as a forward question but why can't you speak (medical reason?). You don't have to answer I'm just curious.

Daikarin
Sep 8, 2005, 12:43 PM
On 2005-09-07 23:23, hollowtip wrote:

On 2005-09-07 05:30, Momo-chan wrote:
bit of an update:

I don't want to go off topic and I hope you don't take this as a forward question but why can't you speak (medical reason?). You don't have to answer I'm just curious.

An idiot did some bad stuff to her voice, literally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2005-09-08 12:15 ]</font>