PDA

View Full Version : How much of a Pokemon fanatic....

InfinityXXX
Sep 7, 2005, 10:31 PM
......were you.

-I was the type of kid that'll deny having anything to do with pokemon in public but in private chambers I loved it.

-I remember hitting up Burger King 3-4 times a day just for those damn toys. (they pissed me off when they replaced the figurines with those one card looking pokemon toys)

-I also knew the whole theme song to pokemon

-I use to draw the pokemon people

-I owned red, yellow, and silver versions of the game

-Me and my friends use to have meetings where all we'll do is play the video game. (When I brought the N64 over with pokemon stadium everyone was serious)

Its really embarassing when I mention it now but I got out of the fad real early. I got into it my 5th grade year and out of it the next summer because some jerk stole all my cards. Anyways, shortly after, Yu gi oh took over and I really couldn't get into that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-07 20:31 ]</font>

Momo-chan
Sep 7, 2005, 10:33 PM
i had the cards, but didn't know what to do with them. coughKinda threw them awaycoughcough >>

Shadowpawn
Sep 7, 2005, 10:37 PM
-Owned one of the games

-Watched season 1-4 (Up to the end of the orange islands

-Beat Red, Blue, Sliver, Gold

-Tried to collect the cards

-Knew the Rap

-Watched the movies (1 was the best, I thought so then and still do.)

Sayara
Sep 7, 2005, 10:40 PM
I had Red Blue Yellow Gold and Silver and Stadium 1. >>;

I drew Meowth, Mew and Dratini obsessively.

I watched Pokemon Anime...and liked it oO (especially Go West young mewoth XD)

EJ
Sep 7, 2005, 10:42 PM
I have all the games

Collected and played the card game

And also just reserve my copy of the new pokemon game on cube.

So yea I still like pokemon. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wyndham
Sep 7, 2005, 10:47 PM
could name all 150 owned a first set charizard, Blastoise, Venasaur, an Alakazam. i had blue, yellow, the yellow GBC, Silver, and pokemon pinball.
then i quit.

Skorpius
Sep 7, 2005, 11:05 PM
Owned:

Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, and Pokemon Trading Card Game (for Gameboy), Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Stadium 2.

I got into the Pokemon TCG when Base Set 2 was released. That was after Base Set, Jungle, and Fossil. Team Rocket was the next set, and I bought cards up until Neo 3 was released. I still have a great number of rares and cards. I played the TCG, and the TCG on Gameboy, and I still know, understand, and pwn the mechanics. I'm a little outdated, though, since Nintendo added a bunch of new rules since they bought back the TCG from Wizards of the Coast.

I got back into Pokemon for Fire Red, I have guides for all versions/generations, and I also have NetBattle installed for "Over the net" Pokemon battles. I'll probably be getting Fire Red again, once I get money, because I miss playing them and I needed to sell Fire Red, Ruby, Leaf Green and my GB Player for TimeSplitters 3. >_>

I forgot Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Snap, I had those too XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-09-07 21:16 ]</font>

Sayara
Sep 7, 2005, 11:11 PM
Proving guns > some random critters

Skorpius
Sep 7, 2005, 11:17 PM
God, I watched the show, too. I suck. .__.;

Sayara
Sep 7, 2005, 11:19 PM
it actually was GOOD in the beginning though... <<

Skorpius
Sep 7, 2005, 11:20 PM
Aim for the horn, Pikachu! XD

Sayara
Sep 7, 2005, 11:22 PM
Hahahaha,

Maridia
Sep 7, 2005, 11:23 PM
I played the hell out of Red and Blue but somehow fell off the others, though I wanted to play them very badly.

I knew the entire pokerap off of memory, english AND japanese. Same with the theme songs, but I sort of stopped watching the show when it got to the later seasons.

I have some cards around here somewhere, but I don't know what to do with them, nor what they are or what they do. <_<

I have a clefairy that vibrates when you pull a string. And a big pikachu plushie. And like 20 posters, including this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Non-PSO/Melanie/Others/pokescroll.jpg

wallscroll. I own pokemon stadium, but didn't really play it much. I was a freaking MASTER at Pokemon snap until my friend borrowed it to see it and saved over my beautiful game i worked so hard on. I own at least 10 pokemon cds, most of them japanese, one of them from the english show. <_< Ugh, i'm starting to depress myself, I better stop. There's other stuff I'm forgetting.

Saiffy
Sep 7, 2005, 11:37 PM
Played yellow, red and blue. Watched the show til Ash lost in the...place and went all emo(I can't even fucking remember)

Owned Stadium then sold it. Had a few cards then sold them, got a few still, all pre fossil. I want to get Emerald for...reasons, and since they were good game.

Good times.

Zelutos
Sep 8, 2005, 01:09 AM
ah pokemon...i collected the cards, but never really understood how to play. i have pokemon red, yellow and emerald. oh yeah, i have a pikachu backpack that i never used >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2005-09-07 23:09 ]</font>

trypticon
Sep 8, 2005, 03:40 AM
I think the cartoons are great fun, but I've never played any of the games.

POKEMON!!

Every trainer has a choice

To listen to the voice inside

And though the battle may be long

Winners may have come and gone

I will carry on!

This dream will last forever

This dream will never die

We will rise to face the challenge every time

Advanced challenge!

Yes this dream keeps us together

The dream that you and I

Will be the best that the world's ever seen

Because we always will follow this dream...

POKEMON!!!

I know that's not the original song, I think it's the song from season 6 or 7, but I think it's great. I has a good hopeful message in it, which is odd considering it's talking about a cartoon. But yeah, the series of games, toys, literature, shows, music, and movies is a wonderful thing for people of all ages so long as they aren't self conscious about it. It's entertainment, after all.

Oh yeah, and in a recent episode, Pikachu joined Team Rocket and kicked Ash's ass. That rocked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-09-08 01:41 ]</font>

space_butler
Sep 8, 2005, 04:36 AM
between us me and my brother have: red, blue, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, saphire, fire red, leaf green and colloseum. then theres the huge piles of cards (we collected them till our schools banned them all, which was about when the fossil stuff started to come out). i watched a lot of the old series and the first movie..and im trying desperatley not to get into the new chronicles series (thank fuck its still all reruns)

i suck http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Feelmirath
Sep 8, 2005, 01:49 PM
- Own pokemon red, blue, yellow, silver, gold, crystal, ruby, sapphire, but couldnt be half arsed to get leaf green or fire red... Also have Stadium, stadium 2 and coluseum (spelling), am most likely to get X.D.

-used to collect TCG... then yu-gi-oh came. Them i pwned that, and here i am collecting NO CARDS WHATSOEVER.

-Used to watch the show

-rofl'd at blood red

-Still have that lvl 100 mewtwo that simply pwned everything... yes, even sneasles >_>

Meh
Sep 8, 2005, 03:01 PM
Owned - Red, Blue, Gold, Sapphire, Coleseum and had a uber card collection.

Watched most of the tv episodes until about year 5 then the cards got banned from our school so the fad died. Some people carried on and Pokemon card trading became like drug dealing http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mixfortune
Sep 8, 2005, 03:07 PM
Red and Snap.
Also played the TCG for a bit.

Dek
Sep 8, 2005, 03:09 PM
How much of one WAS I!?

I STILL am one...

I'm currently focusing on the card game for now.

Tact
Sep 8, 2005, 03:13 PM
I had Red and Gold (Actually, I still do, I just never play them anymore. And I mean NEVER).

I Pwned Kanto on Gold because I used the Time Machine to transport my teamfull of Legendary Pokemon from Red.

InfinityXXX
Sep 8, 2005, 04:02 PM
Pokemon changed the globe....... to some, its a religon.....

Wyndham
Sep 8, 2005, 04:07 PM
On 2005-09-08 14:02, InfinityXXX wrote:
Pokemon changed the globe....... to some, its a religon.....

*points to little sister* yeah, and it's not pretty.

kskott
Sep 8, 2005, 04:30 PM
I was obssessed with all aspects of it. Cards, games, little rubber figures, fast-food ploys. I had Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Snap. I didn't actually buy Stadium, but I rented it at least twice.

Then a year passed, and I grew out of it- or so I thought. Ruby came out, and since I had birthday money left to waste, I bought it. Got hooked again. It was a little disappointing, without the calendar/clock system.Bought Fire Red because beating the stuffing out of the originals with the Hoenn ones seemed like a great idea, and I was still hoping for the return of the calendar/clock thing.

Still have all my cards. I buy a pack every once in a while, in part because it brings back good memories, and I just like shiny things.

Rei-San
Sep 8, 2005, 04:48 PM
I might have needed to be in Pokemon rehab. that's all I had to say. I knew more about pokemon than anyone at my school.

Wyndham
Sep 8, 2005, 05:23 PM
On 2005-09-08 14:48, RayMaster wrote:
I might have needed to be in Pokemon rehab. that's all I had to say. I knew more about pokemon than anyone at my school.

i knew more about it than anyone i knew.
i went to a mall-tourney, and not a single one of my pokemon fainted.
i had level 50 Zapdos, Charizard, and Blastoise.
but my older brother got a luck-of-the-draw match on the big screen. i did so much better than him. >_<
im still angry they didnt go by skill. stupid annoyance, i know. >_>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 9, 2005, 04:14 AM
When I was 13, I bought Pokemon Blue from my little brother for $5 who didn't want it anymore.

Played it over 100 hours, leveling up many pokemon to lv. 100 which made them stronger than the kids who did the rare candy cheats for lv. 100, lazy bastitches! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Used rechargable AAA batteries on my GB Pocket, monochrome color screen nearly blinding myself playing everyday, all summer long.

Looked up the one pokemon I was missing from my pokedex on a library computer's internet and went home promptly to go catch it.

Used other brother's link cable and Pokemon Red to catch them all(besides Mew) and got the lame screen at the one building saying "you caught them all congrats."

Bought Pokemon Gold from a brother's friend also $5. Played it very little, not even up to transferring my old pokemon over. Kinda got lost in the weird names and 100 new pokemon, Unown? Sudowoodo? WTF. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

14 years old, starting high school, never touching pokemon again, watched kids play on the bus, at school, after school, everywhere. Lamers. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Found an old pokemon T-shirt of my younger bro's in a closet a year or so ago, kids size XL. Ash, pokemon logo "Gotta Catch em all!" When I had just lost a whole buncha weight, I tried it on, and it fit(barely)! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Didn't spend much money, brothers did though Burger King junks, plushies, etc.

But yeah, addicting.

And stopped watching the cartoon same time as Saiff there. When Ash lost at Pokemon League, and all that build up was for nothing, kinda disheartening for kids, don't-cha think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-09-09 02:16 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Sep 9, 2005, 11:47 AM
-Participated in the Pokemon League (Not for the card game, even though I had a few hundred.)

-Owned Blue and Yellow. Rented Silver and Gold. (Never had enough money to buy Red, Silver, Gold, or Crystal.)

-Completed my Pokedex on Yellow, having all 151 Pokemon.

-Raised every evolution stage of every pokemon to level 100, maxed them completely with Carbos/Iron/ etc. etc. from the Shop in Cerilian. (SP?) (And no, I didn't cheat. I don't even have a game shark XP)

-Knew what number every pokemon was.

-Knew what level every pokemon evolved at.

-Knew when it was best to have a pokemon evolve/which moves were the best for that particular pokemon. (For example, there are some attacks the Pidgey does more effectively than a Pigeot.)

Once I left the League, I didn't have anyone to play with so I kinda lost interest. Then PD convinced me to start playing again, so I went and bought Emerald. >_>;

I'm not sure, but I think my local library holds Pokemon Tournaments. (I know they do for Yu-gi-oh)

Monomate
Sep 10, 2005, 09:19 AM
I own blue, yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, and Ruby

and I want Leaf Green Damnit!

I own assloads of the cards

at this KaFKa would have said:
*Look of shame*

and I still enjoy the Pokemon games,

although they do keep getting more and more retarded...I still play them damnit!

*sigh*

I phail...