PDA

View Full Version : PSU IGN Interview

RoninJoku
Sep 12, 2005, 09:46 AM
A new Sonic Team interview by IGN can be found here

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/650/650101p1.html

Not much new really... But they do make a few interesting comments...

Also it looks like we will be seeing the latest PSU build at TGS (I can't remember if that was confirmed or not, but expected nontheless)

Cynric
Sep 12, 2005, 10:02 AM
IGN: In terms of downloads and updates, will you take advantage of the PC's hard drive, or maybe even the PS2's hard drive?

Miyoshi: In general, we'd like to keep the content same as the PC. There will be downloadable quests, but as far as new maps or patches or things like that, we're not planning that.
Oh well. At least it'll be fun for a month. =/

Tomeeboy
Sep 12, 2005, 10:35 AM
I thought it was really interesting that there will be no guild or team system build into the game. I wonder if they will improve on the user card system at all to make it easier to keep track of friends, or if you'll have to manually search for somebody every five minutes until they get online.

Dhylec
Sep 12, 2005, 11:07 AM
As always, new info is interesting
We are promised with better story & bigger worlds to explore, but the same enemies for online mode?
hm..

Tomeeboy
Sep 12, 2005, 11:17 AM
Well, that's typical in most games that have both online and offline modes. In most games, you play through the exact same story and everything in both modes, but it looks like this one will have a completely different set of quests for online play.

Para
Sep 12, 2005, 12:11 PM
Well...

Who's looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe Version 2? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Quo
Sep 12, 2005, 12:15 PM
On 2005-09-12 10:11, Nites wrote:
Well...

Who's looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe Version 2? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh! Oh! I can't wait for the new versions to be relseased on completely seperate systems with no transferability, so I have to start over for just a few new features! It'll be awesome! Yeah!

I bet ST will do something really cool like put out the first version for PC and PS2. And I'll play it on PC. And then they'll put it out for PS3 and XBox360 and maybe the revolution. And I'll stop playing it on PC and play it on one (or more >_> ) of those systems. And then they'll make another PC version, and I'll play it on PC again! Won't that be GREAT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-09-12 10:18 ]</font>

Lord_DS
Sep 12, 2005, 01:21 PM
no guild system o_O'

somewhere it's logic as we are all from the Guardians guild :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lord_DS on 2005-09-12 11:23 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 12, 2005, 01:25 PM
IGN: In terms of downloads and updates, will you take advantage of the PC's hard drive, or maybe even the PS2's hard drive?

Miyoshi: In general, we'd like to keep the content same as the PC. There will be downloadable quests, but as far as new maps or patches or things like that, we're not planning that.

Here come the hackers...

_Tek_
Sep 12, 2005, 02:05 PM
I like they set it up now. You don't have to unlock anything in offline mode, evrerything is avaiable online. And I love how the lobby is connected to the shops main offices. They say you exchange items whenever. Y'know, considering this, I wonder if you can drop items on the floor in the lobby. That would be a mess! I remember people talking about how rares should be given. Some thought that it should instatntly be given randomly among the people that helped destroy the monster.

I suppose world will be set up where you can travel certain areas to reach a boss, but then there will probably be fieds were simpler enemies just respawn forever.

lostinseganet
Sep 12, 2005, 08:32 PM
Hmm so two to sixteen players. I hope that refers to coop.

Reenee
Sep 12, 2005, 08:50 PM
IGN: Can PC players play against PS2 players?

Miyoshi: This is often asked, but I can't say for certain yet. Technically, it's possible, and if we can, we'd like to do it.

BULLSHIT. I DEMAND an answer. I'm going to be nice and ask the guy who going to Tokyo Game Show and ask what the hell is up.

This game is getting much too close for Japanese release. FOCUS ON IT, SONIC TEAM.

YAY FOR MAGS!
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/650/650101/phantasy-star-universe-20050912062247166.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2005-09-12 19:02 ]</font>

_Tek_
Sep 12, 2005, 09:34 PM
Mags? What? They say they's no mags and PSU, and that picture just shows puyo pop characters.

Reenee
Sep 12, 2005, 10:20 PM
You sure those aren't Mags in that Blue-Red-Yellow mush there?

VioletSkye
Sep 12, 2005, 10:38 PM
On 2005-09-12 20:20, Reenee wrote:
You sure those aren't Mags in that Blue-Red-Yellow mush there?

nope, just puyo pop chars lol.

_Tek_
Sep 12, 2005, 10:44 PM
Well I'm sure if you just use one circle where teh eyes would go, then it could look like a mag.