PDA

View Full Version : Character / User Name

Sharkyland
Sep 12, 2005, 04:28 PM
So... if we get online how are we suppose to recognize you?

Pink Mag - HUnewearl
- I'm thinking of linking her from PSO to PSU even though there is no correlation between the storylines, but I'm already developing on some ideas on what is going to happen. Though I need to know a little bit of the storyline before I go fully into explaining what the heck is going to happen.

_Tek_
Sep 12, 2005, 04:34 PM
Er, uh, we got a topic on this, but I suppose we can make this one more of a list only instead.

Only post character type and the name. Then we'll use this for an easy to use list, and the oher topic can be for more discussion of charactrers and stats, etc.

Male Human Hunter/Ranger Tek-Lok
Female Newman Hunter/Force? Zev-Rez
Male Beast Hunter Yao-Veo
Male Cast Ranger Arc-Mec

Well I was thinking up more names:
One-Ten(good cast name)
Ret-Lit(idea stolen from another forum user, lol)
Vit-Tet(Tet as in Four Tet, he's awesome)
Uno-Oni
Gen-Age(sounds like more of a petty abreviation)
Daf-Pun (XD daft punk abrev.)

Some single L names:
Loz(FF7-AC!), Lor, Law, Lex
V:
Vex, Vet, Vox, Von
Others:
Tor, Xia, Aut, & Cec(both inspired from Autechre)

I guess I gotta mix and match, I'll end up with a few good names, as I want only 4 characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-17 21:50 ]</font>

BogusKun
Sep 12, 2005, 06:01 PM
Male-Cast HUNTERTYPE : Songoku
Female-Cast HUNTERTYPE?: C A P C O M

Awaiting the return of [S N K/Sengoku] on PSU.

If not... I may rename myself to something much more unrecognizable.

Neith
Sep 13, 2005, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking of just going with:

Uriko:/female/beast

I havent thought about other characters yet, I'll edit this with details of any more characters I think of.

Feelmirath
Sep 13, 2005, 01:32 PM
Rath, Human, Hunter.
You just can't beat a good formula http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Alisha
Sep 13, 2005, 02:45 PM
_______ Alisha what else? haha unless the names are limited or dont allow spaces then ill have to figure out something else

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2005-09-13 12:46 ]</font>

EJ
Sep 13, 2005, 05:01 PM
Human force type- EJ
Newman warrior - Sesshou
Human female ranger - Hex
those are my 3 main character right now

Dre_o
Sep 13, 2005, 05:32 PM
Dre, Human Hunter, plain and simple

________
Yamaha SRX600 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_SRX600)

DarK-SuN
Sep 13, 2005, 10:18 PM
Note that I have a list of planned characters longer than 4 (the likely character limit), since these are the ones I'll be testing and may delete and recreate as I go along (except DarK-SuN, which is the only one that is a sure thing).

All these characters are not randomly made, they all have a story (specially DarK-SuN and BackLash, since they're the same as their PSO versions, storywise); I'm presuming that PSU happens after PSO in some way (thus why those androids are historically the same as their PSO versions).

My planned characters are as follows:

DarK-SuN, male Cast (close range oriented, but still with long range weaponry setups); this will be my main character, thus he'll have a bit of a balance of close range and long range (even though I prefer close range) with barely any to no technique usage.

BackLash, male Cast (pure close range; at most he'll use handguns with saber types equipped, but that's as far as long range will go with him).

Alkar, male Newman (close range plus techniques).

Arya, female Human (close range with some long range backup, basic technique usage).

Taurus, male Beast (pure close range, maybe with basic healing techniques as well depending on how this works).

Any others I may create (and recreate from PSO in case they were androids) to be added later.

Spider
Sep 15, 2005, 05:24 AM
I'm not sure if I'll keep the Spider I currently used, or make a new type character, the character I always used (well its hairstyle) was based on my real life hairstyle at the time, just kept the same character cause I liked it.
I could see myself basing my PSU character off my current self, so possibly a human male as I'm not planning any specie/gender changes at this present time.

PhruitBaskit
Sep 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
At this point, I'm not sure what I will be. But, if I do decide to remake my PSO character, I'll be the big cast that goes by IG-89A. There will be a lot more options for character creation so like I said, I'm not sure yet.

Hell, I could be a big yellow beast named Phruit Lupe. lol

Larian
Sep 16, 2005, 08:32 PM
Dur...That should be obvious...But if you can guess I will give you a cookie! =P

Uncle_bob
Sep 17, 2005, 11:50 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Uncle Bob - You know Uncle. He'll make a cast that looks as much like his PSO Racast as possible! He hopes there will still be modern day guns in PSU. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

He might make a human character too, depending on how well techniques work.

Tact
Sep 17, 2005, 11:53 AM
Well, I'm probably going to stick with most of the same names, as I am too lazy to make new characters. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
Sep 17, 2005, 11:57 AM
Well, I'm assuming 4 characters is what the limit is(Or more?). In which case I'd have one of each race:

Saiff/Saiffy/Saiffwin - Cast male
Ryo/Raz/Razo - Human male
Sutaffu - Newman female
Undecided on gender and name - Beast

I have changed it around a bit over the months, and depending on how many characters we can have... We'll see though.

kazuma56
Sep 17, 2005, 01:13 PM
Kazuma Human Hunter/Ranger

He will be my main (as always), and be built like a hunter, but have the ability to switch between close range and long range combat, menial support techs (res,shifta deban, and jellen/zalure), black male that would have close to white or black hair, main weps would be double saber/dual wielding, Swords,rifle's and shotguns.

Homaru X human Hunter

My bro's character, not sure how he'll look but he will be inspiried by some anime most likely.

Leafis newman/human spell caster

Not sure what he'll be this time around, I made him a fomar in ep.1&2, but may go newman because forces and TP regen work together.

Shururos Cast/beast ???

He was created in BB as a Hucast but i'm not sure what he'll be this time around, maybe melee and caster or beserker.

Nai newman cast/melee

Homage to PS2's Nei, she'll be a fighter and a caster and use double claws a hell of alot.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 17, 2005, 09:07 PM
Well I'm not sure how many characters you can have per account (that don't cost extra) so I'll list the main two choices.

Human male- D. Knight (or Dragon Knight if the name allows) Hunter all the way but don't expect me to use this guy if there isn't a first person POV...I hate staring at guys asses for hours on end.

Newman female- Sara ....duh. Force type, expect her to have bigger boobies and longer hair. Hopfuly I can go without the goofy hat this time around...

For any other slots to fill I'll probably make a beast to check out the class and a cast....though since I hear they might be able to use techs this time around they might not be so bad.

Blitzkommando
Sep 17, 2005, 09:23 PM
Dunno right now. Much depends on the character limit. Not the number of characters, but the number of characters in the name. Hopefully we will have a limit greater than the ten of PSOBB...

However, artillerist shall return in some form or another. Whether by "art" or by her full name. She had better be able to have cavalry pants and a beret... Human - ranged attacker - female

Kuribo shall return as well, along with her shoes of doom! Kuribo - female - melee Newman

Next will be some kind of "Beast", depending on looks, female quite possibly o:

Final if there are only four, a "droid" of some kind, male maybe. Return of Sturmovik? Mebeh~

Zelutos
Sep 17, 2005, 11:42 PM
Zelutos: Male Human Ranger-type-guy. o.o

_Tek_
Sep 17, 2005, 11:55 PM
Ethan Waber: Male Hume, balanced character.

well someone had to do this gag eventually.

Nisshoku
Sep 18, 2005, 02:53 PM
So far, out of the characters I plan to create/re-create for PSU, I've only got these in my head so far...

Nisshoku, Male Cast
The same Crimson Demon from PSO is coming back in PSU, probably with a more sleeker design. Of course he'll probably be an in-your-face melee, as we'd all expect him to be. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<unknown name>, Male Beastman
This guy's been in my head ever since I saw the first PSU trailer. I'm expecting him to be a heavy-melee character as well, I just don't know *how*.

Eclypse, Male Human
I'm pondering making this old namesake of mine, just out of the sheer customization that PSU will allow. He'll mostly be a sword-toting types, but that might change...

That's about all for now, really.

Sayara
Sep 18, 2005, 03:14 PM
I dunno. I want to bring one character back. Maybe Two. But i want a to try at least one of each as well.

Tingle Newmen Tech Female

Usada Human Either Range or Melee (depending on how things look)

Noseve Beast Type...something

and

Sliverdia some sorta Cast.

Again, things will change depenidn if i GET the game or not.. plus i dunno how characters look like outside of Offline Story Chars.

ColonD
Sep 18, 2005, 06:56 PM
Solo- Girl Newman- Magic/attacking.
Albino in looks, very light pink eyes. Also going to attempt making her look crazy.

If not that:
Putica- Girl android- Attack
White hair, and if possible blueish body.

If not the previous two:
Nyphra- Human or Beast Girl- Magic/agility if I can work on that.
Brown hair, red eyes. Outfit will be chosen on a whim.

And if none of the above:
Gin- Newman, Beast or Human- either gender- Evened stats, perhaps High attack, low defence.
Like Solo, but I will attempt first to make him a Bishie

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ColonD on 2005-09-18 16:57 ]</font>

Rion772
Sep 20, 2005, 04:59 AM
i think i might test out the new beast class and test out he casts so i can see what its like using techs as a cast

*Grave-human-male-sword*
Boma-beast-male- idk
NP3220-cast-male-sword

OdinTyler
Sep 21, 2005, 11:50 PM
Since the site is being retarded (or maybe just my bad luck), but I pretty much plan to recreate my PSO main, Masako on PSU as well as create a beast char (you know everyone & their mother will want one LOL). Im curious as to whether there will be sectionIDs which will govern what names we choose, items we'll find, etc. Anyone know anything or have ideas?

Rubius-sama
Sep 21, 2005, 11:52 PM
The game is MONTHS away from release. Relax, people.

DarK-SuN
Sep 22, 2005, 01:03 AM
For importers it's much closer than "MONTHS", it's just a couple of them.

Rion772
Sep 22, 2005, 04:40 AM
when can us normal non-importer ppl get it, feb. 2?

Rubius-sama
Sep 22, 2005, 04:43 AM
That's still 2-3 months....that is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG ass time dude.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubius-sama on 2005-09-22 02:44 ]</font>

Rion772
Sep 22, 2005, 04:51 AM
On 2005-09-22 02:43, Rubius-sama wrote:
That's still 2-3 months....that is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG ass time dude.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubius-sama on 2005-09-22 02:44 ]</font>

4.something months, and its not a long time at all, i go to school so my dad passes pretty quick, im still blown away todays thursday =0. anyway i play on keeping busy w/ pso for awhile - until psu comes out

Rubius-sama
Sep 22, 2005, 06:17 AM
Uhm...Case in Point: By the time the game actually comes out, you will either not pick these listed characters/names or if you do, it will be so long that no one would remember your name or even care.

That will promp another thread to spark which will contain your real character/names and which will actually bear some signifincance instead of this meaningless babble.

Continue on...while I sit back and laugh. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DarK-SuN
Sep 22, 2005, 12:19 PM
I know that in my case I will take these names, mostly because they're all related with past characters I made and all have a storyline.
But that's me, I just can't make a character if the character has no personality, goals, background story and a well defined existence; guess it's my old RolePlayer and story writer spirit kicking in.

Rion772
Sep 22, 2005, 02:51 PM
On 2005-09-22 04:17, Rubius-sama wrote:
Uhm...Case in Point: By the time the game actually comes out, you will either not pick these listed characters/names or if you do, it will be so long that no one would remember your name or even care.

That will promp another thread to spark which will contain your real character/names and which will actually bear some signifincance instead of this meaningless babble.

Continue on...while I sit back and laugh. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

yeah except all the 3 names i use are 4-5 letters, and yes i will pick these names because their my favorite names that i have used over the span of maybe about 3 years..maybe 2

Shadowhanto
Sep 22, 2005, 03:38 PM
Well either "Hanto","Shadow Hanto", "Hanto of Chaos"<< (if it will fit XP) He'll be a Human or cast (both hunters) =Human= will be darker skined and either wearing all black or all white which ever one looks cooler to me =Cast= White all over

_Tek_
Sep 22, 2005, 08:24 PM
By the time the game actually comes out, you will either not pick these listed characters/names or if you do, it will be so long that no one would remember your name or even care.

Shoudn't be a problem for me, I;m sticking with those names unless I think of something better, and I've used those for years.

Sharkyland
Sep 22, 2005, 10:00 PM

I'm sticking with mine besides Pink Mag is the one in my comic that outlives all the characters from my comic. She is semi-immortal.

Though... if we are going to meet up one time. A) We won't have guild cards to search for each other on the first day so I'm guessing the lobbies are going to be effing big. So if I want to meet you, all I have to do is look for your name.

Anyway, this topic is going to be re done again in a couple of months. I know it's should be in player matchup, but hey... we can always start dreaming someday.

_Tek_
Sep 22, 2005, 10:56 PM
Plus this topic is messy, when its remade we can moderate it, and keep its simple like those BB screenshot threads. We'd only need one post per user.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 22, 2005, 11:56 PM
These are the only two I've decided upon so far:

Qwerty: Human/male/hunter (or maybe force, since I won't want two hunters), basically a recreation of my main PSO character.
Dvorak: Beast/male/hunter

*wonders if anyone will get the joke inherent within the character names*

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 12:05 AM
You'know, I hope they allow atleast more than 4, because I always need and extra slot to make a joke character.

Rion772
Sep 23, 2005, 06:26 PM
On 2005-09-22 22:05, _Tek_ wrote:
You'know, I hope they allow atleast more than 4, because I always need and extra slot to make a joke character.

not only that, but more space is better for serious characters (i have 6) and obviously needed a new mem. card, the more the better

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 06:43 PM
The thing about the character saving is we don't know how many we will get for online. It may cost more to have more than 4 characters. I'm hoping they will be generous atleast.

Rion772
Sep 23, 2005, 09:38 PM
we'll just have to wait and see

Kent
Sep 23, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that they're allowing four characters per account. One of each race sounds good enough to me.

Sef
Sep 23, 2005, 10:45 PM
SeF!/Saito for the Human Male type. Of course, I'll try to get this guy to look a lot like the Saito I have now. Just not too sure on the name.

Sef for the RAcast like d00ds. I'll try to get him to look like Sef now... Or I'll just for crazy with it.

That's really all I planned. ;x

Fanta
Sep 24, 2005, 07:23 AM
Fanta - Male - Beast

Im just gonna stick with one character till he's high enough. If tried Hunters, Rangers and Forces on GC so I get the jist of what they can offer. However, I realise much more will be happening, but beast will keep me occupied. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Sep 24, 2005, 09:06 AM
Ashura - Male Human
Can't Remember Name ;x - Female Newman
Nevando - Male Android
Gold - Male Beast

I'm probably gonna play Ashura like I played PJ, so he'll be in essence my FOmar, I wouldn't doubt the female newman to do the same as my FOnewearl. Nevando will be an android, seriously
And Gold will be however Beasts are played >_>

Tact
Sep 24, 2005, 10:17 AM
On 2005-09-24 07:06, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Nevando - Male Android

PJ, doesn't Nevando mean "Snow" in Spanish? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
Sep 24, 2005, 10:19 AM
On 2005-09-24 08:17, Tact wrote:

On 2005-09-24 07:06, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Nevando - Male Android

PJ, doesn't Nevando mean "Snow" in Spanish? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

He probably knows, and it was probably on purpose and was hoping nobody would know spanish XD

That being said PJ, lose the lamo Ashura! He better look like PJ at least *shakes fist*

As for me, my newman is back in the undecided stage for name. D:

Dre_o
Sep 24, 2005, 10:37 AM
PJ, doesn't Nevando mean "Snow" in Spanish

Not quite but still, I agree he is probably aware of thta.

________
Kawasaki MB5 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_MB5)

PJ
Sep 24, 2005, 09:17 PM
I think it means Winter, but yeah, that was the dealio with the name

DarK-SuN
Sep 25, 2005, 12:20 AM
Nevando means snowing.

Starrz
Oct 9, 2005, 01:37 PM
I'm going with my psobb and psogc name again, Starrz, female human/newman (depending on who's the best melee/tech user). Or I will change it up a bit with designs, see my past names in my sig.

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 03:09 PM
If I make a human, he'll be Badger, probably.

If I make a cast, I'll name him some random car make. Hyundai, Toyota, whatever I feel like at that time.

FrozenFlame41
Oct 15, 2005, 06:51 PM
Albel - Human - Probably my main guy. Gonna specialize in close range, but a few ranged weapons.

Zeig - Cast - Probably a ranger kinda guy focusing on guns.

Rion772
Oct 15, 2005, 07:28 PM
Stay on topic...

OdinTyler
Oct 15, 2005, 11:14 PM
For now, I plan to have 2 chars to start with:

Masako, my old FOmarl will be a Force/Hunter mix (FOmarls are pretty tough & shes gonna get tougher)

Ill have a beast fighter of some sort. As for name, Im still stumped but I may name him after my dwf war in EQOA. If so, he'd be named after a legendary warrior of the past (my dwf, naturally http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ).

Knowing me Ill probably make a ton more but those 2 will be my starters with most likely Masako being my main, once again. Been my main for 5 yrs now! LOL

Rion772
Oct 17, 2005, 04:54 AM
I've changed my mind, i'm going to have a Human Hunter named Boma, Newman named Fell (i might switch around the names of my hunter and newman, i'm unsure still), and a human ranger named Grave.