PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: I'm all MS Painted out.

CupOfCoffee
Sep 12, 2005, 09:17 PM
Well, not really. I just felt like sharing my most recent creation with all you good folks.

Everything except the text at the bottom was done in MS Paint. I only do the text in Paint Shop Pro because it can anti-alias and do a stroke color as well as a fill. Er, I also saved it as a .gif in PSP to reduce file size while keeping the colors nice and bright.

Anyhoo, this is one of my PSO characters. Her name is Alexa Hale (aka, Seraphim) and she's the star of one of my many fan fictions. She wears this outfit while she's a hunter under Tyrell's direct command in the story. She's basically a HUmarl, I guess you could say--totally human, but she uses mostly hand-to-hand combat and a sword at a few parts, although she does love the idea of the machine gun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v444/super_aurra/scarfexport.gif

I was more or less shooting for an almost cel shaded look in this picture, so I only darkened little slivers around the edges of her face and boobs, and I used very bright, simple colors to make her whole body appear rather flat and opaque.

Oh, and the red Converse shoes are somewhat represenative of her not being completely grown up yet. She's totally anti-social and can get violent when she needs to, but inside she's still basically a kid who wants to play Nintendo and drink apple juice. Or something.

Sharkyland
Sep 13, 2005, 12:25 AM
That's a pretty good picture that you have done.

Sayara
Sep 13, 2005, 08:02 AM
Hey now, thats not bad. Alittle jagged but still very well done.

With a mouse even!

CupOfCoffee
Sep 13, 2005, 11:34 PM
Thank ya both! I've always had a hard time drawing this character, even though I have a nearly perfect mental image of her. This picture is the closest yet, I believe.