PDA

View Full Version : Do you suppose they'll fit the seasonal changes in PSU?

_Tek_
Sep 13, 2005, 08:52 PM
In PSO the lobbies would change depending on the season or holiday. I hope PSU does that too, but to a bigger extent. Instead of just decorating the cities they should also make wheather changes on the planets, like snow or something. But I guess you could get sick of that, maybe if there was an option.

But it sure woudl be great to have a winter like level, PSO only had that dragon fight, I wanted a real winterland with mountains and such.

Jarvis
Sep 13, 2005, 09:05 PM
In the first PSO there is a weather system on forest.. ya know the rain? woot lol.. there was rain in episode 2 as well. it wasn't that great, but yeah it'd be cool if the weather system was more complex this time on the different planets, changing with the seasons.. A sand storm would be cool.

Tomeeboy
Sep 13, 2005, 09:07 PM
I think that if they truly expect people to pay a monthly fee for the online portion of the game, that they will HAVE to do some kind of content updates and special events such as this. I already find it a bit strange that they won't be doing patches and have not implemented a guild system for a game that is supposedly going to be pay-to-play. It will definitely be interesting to see how they intend to keep people interested (and paying).

Jarvis
Sep 13, 2005, 09:15 PM
If the games as addictive as the other PSO's.. They'll think they wont have to keep updating lol..

Dre_o
Sep 13, 2005, 09:25 PM
Personally, my highest hopes for weather is that it is fairly random (not like snow in a desert) and that it effects how combat works like your sight and or range with ranged weapons and such.

________
VT750 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VT750)

_Tek_
Sep 13, 2005, 10:30 PM
I'd rather it not go as far as affecting your stats, just more as a visual difference.

Parn
Sep 14, 2005, 12:06 AM
It's best not to speculate features out of the blue, as it generally sets yourself up expecting extra content on release day, only to find yourself disappointed when the final product arrives on your doorstep.

_Tek_
Sep 14, 2005, 12:49 AM
Well considering what little we actually know anything could be a surprise. But surely alot more will be released. Either way its an istant 500 hours of gamimg for me.