PDA

View Full Version : Way to let it down teacher baby!

Sayara
Sep 13, 2005, 11:36 PM
I know. I am a hypocrite, shut up. >>;;

But, i am right now very uneasy. We turned in our first paper on Friday and come Monday she is all...

"yeaahhhh alot of you had issues" and basically probably failed 90% of us. And like shit she threatens to fail anyone with too many failed assignments (regardless if you can still pass) and i really don't like how this glusty, ominious shadow is plauging on me.

Its just that bad vibes that bug me. Nothing i can really change for now at least.

Anyway thats all. I wish myself i wasn't TERRIBLY correct with the 90% fail curve...

Spider
Sep 14, 2005, 12:18 AM
Teachers suck.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 14, 2005, 01:21 AM
Did the teacher explain what she coyly referred to as "issues"?

That is such a vague way of saying that the assignments weren't complete to the teacher's standards of grading.

Also someone might even take that as offensive.

I've had teachers in the past who would not explain things fully, and only when singling them out to speak to them would they tell you what exactly was missing, wasn't correct, and/or was needed for a passing grade.

Keep your head up, and if anything this should awaken the class to have more courage to speak up. If you're taking (and/or paying) for classes, you have a right to stand up for yourself and ask how to complete assignments for passing grades, right?

Otherwise its bascially wasted money/time/effort/discouragement/etc.

Some teachers can be very anal about exactly what they want, but they don't "suck" for no reason at all. Teaching styles, different outlooks on grading, grading curves, different experiences, whatever. We all get good and bad teachers, and the bad ones make you appreciate the good ones more.

Sayara
Sep 14, 2005, 03:38 PM
Well, my bad omens were correct.

Of the grades collect, here were the results...
1 A
1 B
3-4 Cs
and the rest failed.
and 2 didnt even send the paper in (they autofailed the class)

Of which, i was in the major F area. 24/50 is approx 48%.

Let me explain the paper first.
Find an Editorial in the paper and do the following:
a. Find the claim and mention it.
b. State if the writer had "mature reasoning"
c. What aim of arguement was used?
d. Did it convince me?
e. Using EN 101 Standard Mechanics (Yeah, they expect EN 101 level for C)

Well, there were few major issues with the failures and the C rankers.

1. They did not even use an editorial (error on her half for not describing this well enough. There are alot of foriegn and not english speaking students in the class)

2. The mechanhics were LOWER then of EN 101 standards (my issue #1)

3. Word choice and basic organization flaws (my issue #2)

Basically she told me, with alittle tweaking (and a better article, i could easily do better.) A ONE IN A LIFE TIME EVENT of a redo is due Friday. So round 2 a gogo baby.

EphekZ
Sep 14, 2005, 06:52 PM
My history teacher was like that..but he told us in the rubric that average work is a C...Check the rubric if it says average is a C then dont complain get a new teacher

Monomate
Sep 14, 2005, 07:04 PM
On 2005-09-14 13:38, Tingle wrote:
Well, my bad omens were correct.

Of the grades collect, here were the results...
1 A
1 B
3-4 Cs
and the rest failed.
and 2 didnt even send the paper in (they autofailed the class)

Of which, i was in the major F area. 24/50 is approx 48%.

no wonder you fail...a 24/50 is exactly 48% no approximately about it...

Bungee950
Sep 14, 2005, 08:07 PM
School is a shitstorm to go through for normal people. ask yourself, "is this worth my time?"
good luck tingle, in school in the future.

Sayara
Sep 14, 2005, 08:55 PM
On 2005-09-14 16:52, darkgunner wrote:
My history teacher was like that..but he told us in the rubric that average work is a C...Check the rubric if it says average is a C then dont complain get a new teacher

Now don't get me wrong my friend.

I am perfectly fine with a C mark. But this 24 buisness wont cut it.

geewj
Sep 14, 2005, 09:04 PM
On 2005-09-14 18:07, Bungee950 wrote:
School is a shitstorm to go through for normal people. ask yourself, "is this worth my time?"
good luck tingle, in school in the future.

Talk about your bad advice.

Going to School gives you every advantage in the future. If anyone is in a position to go, they should.

And if at any point you think it's too hard, or too annoying, that's only proof that you should stay.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 14, 2005, 11:58 PM
On 2005-09-14 13:38, Tingle wrote:

Basically she told me, with alittle tweaking (and a better article, i could easily do better.) A ONE IN A LIFE TIME EVENT of a redo is due Friday. So round 2 a gogo baby.

All right. You get a second chance!

I've heard of such events myself though. When a majority of students fail an assignment and the teacher takes some responsibility for not explaining the assignment well enough. Probably the main reason why everyone failed the assignment, so a second chance/"re-do" is given.

Now you know what to expect from this teacher from now on?

Scrub
Sep 15, 2005, 04:30 AM
You know, if more than half of the people in your class are failing, that's a pretty good sign that your teacher doesn't really know what the hell she's doing.

EphekZ
Sep 15, 2005, 05:42 PM
Not true....Nowadays people have the attitude like bungee over there and dont give two shits what is going on in school only their freinds and such.

Sayara
Sep 16, 2005, 05:43 AM
College is different my friend.

College you PAY FOR YOUR CLASSES. they wouldnt just fuck it over knowing the class cost them around 300 bucks.

Solstis
Sep 16, 2005, 06:47 AM
On 2005-09-16 03:43, Tingle wrote:

College you PAY FOR YOUR CLASSES. they wouldnt just fuck it over knowing the class cost them around 300 bucks.

Er, if they had scholarships, they would.

*shrugs*

The worst people seem to get the A's though. Good luck Tingle.

EphekZ
Sep 16, 2005, 05:51 PM
On 2005-09-16 03:43, Tingle wrote:

ah! haha didnt realize you were in college sorry about that =D

Sayara
Sep 19, 2005, 04:11 PM
Groovy. I still failed. (31/50 is technichally a pass... but i don't consider it one)

It turns out my biggest flaw is word choice (my words do not appeal to the professor pssh.)

Well thats a wrap for this session of EN10bullshit. >>