PDA

View Full Version : Right Now PSU JP official has updates for the 16th.

_Tek_
Sep 15, 2005, 11:40 PM
Its not even the 16th where I live, not for about 1:30 hours.
This time its a "real" update(my last topic wasn't really), some extra characters, info on lobbies (looks like text chat!), and info on "your room":
http://x1.putfile.com/9/25723533687.png
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/

There is also the trailer from from psu jp site now at IGN.com, for those of you who haven't seen it yet:
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/683/683215/vids_1.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-15 22:09 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Sep 16, 2005, 12:06 AM
Heh, the video is actually the same video as the Translated and untranslated versions mentioned on the PSOW Homepage. I posted a thread about it also earlier, than realized after watching it that it was exactly the same lol. The other updates are great though. TEXT CHAT!!!! I'd say thats our first look at the online portion of the game http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-15 22:07 ]</font>

_Tek_
Sep 16, 2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah I just learned that now, its the same movie that was added to the psu jp site last week.

And Sega of America's site for PSU still shows no signs of brain activity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-15 22:13 ]</font>

Parn
Sep 16, 2005, 12:14 AM
Make sure to check out the character creation section. It was also updated with pictures of some Cast editing.

VioletSkye
Sep 16, 2005, 12:14 AM
In the topics section, it shows some wrist bands which I'm assuming will be SWAG at TGS considering it also mentions them in the TGS section. Anyway its great to finally start seeing some online images.

VioletSkye
Sep 16, 2005, 12:17 AM
On 2005-09-15 22:14, Parn wrote:
Make sure to check out the character creation section. It was also updated with pictures of some Cast editing.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I have to say I'm really liking the Cast designs thus far. I never cared for the Android look in PSO, but this could very well change that. I particularly like the more human looking faces:
http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/cast.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-15 22:25 ]</font>

Spider
Sep 16, 2005, 12:29 AM
The humanlike humanoid faces do look pretty cool, wonder if they'll throw in robotic looking Human faces? This game indeed is looking cool, hope it all runs well.

DarK-SuN
Sep 16, 2005, 01:00 AM
Hmmm, the human like faces for the Casts are good for "cyborg" characters, but good thing we can still choose "helmet" style heads, which is what I'm aiming for.

First online city images with text chat, hurray!

_Tek_
Sep 16, 2005, 01:04 AM
I noticed that the male android looks similar to the male human, which is cool. You could almost make a near human looking character but still have the cast race underneath. I liked the human looking cast heads on PSO, like the HUcaseal, so this is all good.

DarK-SuN
Sep 16, 2005, 01:34 AM
Ok, I've been observing the way Cast creation works (it's unfinished, the casts only have about 3 or 4 options for most edit choices, but here goes).

First menu is the same as before, Race and Gender.

The following menu is the physical proportion (let's call it the "Underlayer" of a Cast), where you edit their head (human like or "helmet style" like in PSO), hair (only for the human like head, these options are greyed out if you choose a "helmet style" head), height and physical proportion (fat and muscle); yes, height is now no longer an option from the proportions.

The third menu is the "Overlayer" of a Cast (the armor itself, shown in the female Cast editing example pictures).
Here you choose the armor itself that surrounds the Cast.
Upper body, lower body, shoulders/elbows (not sure about this one) and feet/boots; the fifth option is a mystery to me.

The fourth menu (only shown in the female Cast editing example pictures) is the "Character Name" screen, where you input your character's name (obviously).

Now, the "My Room" section (so yes, your online character also has a room, just like Ethan has his offline).
The room itself is pretty big, with two divisions.
It has a bedroom (with a nice view of space from the window) and a hall/meeting room.
You can customise the room's decoration, from the pics shown we can see we can alter the wallpaper, colors of the floor, etc; maybe more customisation options will be available later.
I wonder if we can invite friends over... I hope so...

The Lobbies/Cities are definitely interesting.
Apparently they are more than just the Guardian Colony as first speculated, it seems that the planets and their "capital cities" are also available as "Online Lobby Cities" for players to meet, stock up on items, get missions, go to their rooms (probably only from the Guardian Colony city) and get transported to actual "fighting areas".

That's all for now.
I just hope they release some nice and juicy video of PSU's online features this TGS (either by someone recording it with a camera or by Sonic Team's own hand).

Reenee
Sep 16, 2005, 09:08 AM
On 2005-09-15 22:07, _Tek_ wrote:

And Sega of America's site for PSU still shows no signs of brain activity.

Tokyo Game Show != America

Also, Japan is a whole day ahead of us. They're in a different hemisphere I believe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2005-09-16 07:09 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Sep 16, 2005, 12:34 PM
So in this game you get your own room. SWEET! (look forward to my tupperware parties)lol

But seriously, this game is going to provide the best and funnest online experience ever. By the looks of it, after playing PSU online once, PSO will be boring. I can not wait until February!!!

RoninJoku
Sep 16, 2005, 01:42 PM
Woo! The Cast creation looks sweet! And I'm glad that the text bubbles are returning! I thought they might try to condense text into a separate window like how most rpgs handle it...

I want to make a character! >.<!!!

_Tek_
Sep 16, 2005, 02:46 PM
Yes, I do too. I was thinking sega should release a PC demo! Just a really small one that has some character creation, and just a small area to kill monsters with various weapons.

You guys realise we can now make megaman in this game right? MWHAWHAWHWHA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-16 12:56 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Sep 16, 2005, 04:29 PM
On 2005-09-16 11:42, RurouniJoku wrote:
Woo! The Cast creation looks sweet! And I'm glad that the text bubbles are returning! I thought they might try to condense text into a separate window like how most rpgs handle it...

I want to make a character! >.<!!!

I know! Me too! O_o;; I REALLY like the text bubbles, the chat in the games are such a clutter, I just wish GW would've copied that from PSO >_>;;

I'm really excited about the online play and since the single player has been almost completely unveiled, I can't wait till we see actual online gameplay movies. Which is the reason why I'm wondering if it will come out this winter... Oh well it's September so if by october we don't see more gameplay movies then we should start preparing for a delay.

Also, do you guys think ST will hold a beta? (In JPN anyways) I'd love to take part in it since I didn't get the chance to be in the GC Ep1&2 one http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif It'd be great for ironing exploits and such...

RoninJoku
Sep 16, 2005, 05:43 PM
Yea... I'd like to try and get in on a beta this time around... That would be great fun! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hmm... I wonder if PSU will have GoGo Ball lobbies or anything like that...

_Tek_
Sep 16, 2005, 08:52 PM
What?! Of crouse not, we got vehicles now! We don't need that ball stuff anymore.

Larian
Sep 16, 2005, 09:13 PM
But...but...but -=sniffle=- I liked Go Go Ball! WHY ARE YOU TAKING IT AWAY FROM ME!!! -=Cries=- Say it isn't so...it isn't so. =(

Rubesahl
Sep 16, 2005, 10:24 PM
Well I don't think we'll see go go ball, but I wouldn't be surprised if a new and better replacement came o.o so let's hope that's what happens. You know what'd kick FFXI's ass completely? Card Revolution for PSU o.o; I loved PSO EP 3 ><;; if there were a card game like that in the game I'd jump up and down in joy. But I know that really won't happen, not in PSU's release anyways. If they want to do a PSU CARD revolution then by all means ST go ahead XD Just make sure to do it like Ep 1 & 2, you could go to the other lobbies http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kent
Sep 17, 2005, 01:10 AM
A card mini-game would be nice, as long as it doesn't suck... I've never played Episode 3, so I don't know how that is.

_Tek_
Sep 17, 2005, 01:29 AM
I'd rather be able to capture monsters instead!

Seriously, wouldn't it be sweet to walk around with one of those dog like animals from that grassland level?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-16 23:31 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Sep 17, 2005, 04:34 AM
As a Hucaseal fan ( and a general fan of the cast race ) I am very excited about the new customisation options available for Casts.

I'm also intrigued by this "My Room" feature. I wonder what practical applicationjs it will have in the game. Even if it doesn't do anything it will still be fun to customise my own little corner of the PSU Universe.

Kent
Sep 17, 2005, 04:08 PM
It'll be nice if you can invite others into your room... For whatever reason. *cough*

I wonder if you can have pets in your room?