PDA

View Full Version : "I dunno who's caught, I dunno who's shot, I dunno who's dea

CupOfCoffee
Sep 16, 2005, 04:25 PM
xxxxx

Saiffy
Sep 16, 2005, 05:14 PM
I noticed all big online games have so much drama like that.

Argueing over legitmacy in PSO. Argueing over NMs on FFXI. Argueing over camp spots in various other MMORPGs. Especially on official boards where moderation seems way...worse, compared to a site like PSOW, anyways. I can easilly say "just avoid it", but that'd make me a huge hypocrite, those forums are good for a laugh sometimes. *shrug*

Nothing is gonna change anytime soon, you(not neccisarly directed at you) are not going to convince people to stop caring so much about legitmacy, and they're never going to convince you that soandso is "OMG H4X".

CupOfCoffee
Sep 16, 2005, 05:25 PM
Heh, yeah. I always browse the BB boards for a laugh, but today was the closest I've ever come to actually starting up an account there. I wonder... when those kids grow up, will they regret wasting so much time arguing over that game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2005-09-16 15:26 ]</font>

Skorpius
Sep 16, 2005, 07:36 PM
The community of hyperactive paranoia made me shy away from BB when I was really starting to get into it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 17, 2005, 07:09 AM
On 2005-09-16 14:25, CupOfCoffee wrote:

Man. I'm so glad I barely play this game anymore. It's just like the retarded Legit Vs. Cheater wars of 2000-present.

Or at least it peaked around here about 2002ish. No?

Heh, PSO is one of the easiest games around to avoid noobs though.

Block mail, meet a user(friends in another lobby) make a locked game, lock 'em out. Avoiding everybody and every lobby with more than 0 people becomes standard somehow.

I only get a small glimpse of what goes on around the PSO:BB boards, and the trading scene.

"Value" of rares vs. duplicates. :/

PSO should only last as long as you have friends around to play with you, then as long as you want to play without them. It shouldn't feel like a chore to avoid everybody, to work on a "career".

I've said before: Write down what you want to accomplish. That way you know what you're doing and why, instead of another Forest to Falz run.

The community as a whole should have no affect on your personality. As sad as that sounds, it is mostly true.

CSKA_Sofia
Sep 17, 2005, 10:08 AM
It's just like the retarded Legit Vs. Cheater wars of 2003 2001.

It doesn't matter much; I'd suggest just to ignore it and play the game.

This has been happening since the Dreamcast version of PSO. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CupOfCoffee
Sep 17, 2005, 12:00 PM
Oh trust me, I know how all of that stuff went and successfully avoided it for years, but I still found it funny that the PSO community is once again infected with dumbassery on an enormous scale. And not even a new type of dumbassery, it's still "I M LAGIT" "NO U R NOT I SAW U HOLDIN A DUP" "OMG I WILLL BAN U" stuff.

But that's okay. I don't really have the time to play PSO anymore anyway.