Azrah
Sep 17, 2005, 04:33 PM
Book One
"Awakening"

Chapter 1
"Child of the Past"

-10 years before the Pioneer Project launch-

-Planet Coral, Orphanage-
All of the childeren were playing outside of the orphanage, playing games with eachother. Everybody was happily playing, singing their childish tunes, but not all of them were happy. A small child, about the age of eight was huddled up by a corner beside the orphanage building, hiding in the shadows. He watched the other kids haivng fun, but he had no one to play with. He had long silver hair that grew down to his waist, pale white, and an unusual shade of light blue eyes. He never knew what it was like to have parents. These other children felt the wamth of their family's love. Nobody ever loved him, nobody even cares. He grew up his entire life in the orphange, hoping one day to be taken to a real home. The children stilled played throught the entire day, ingnoring the lonely child.

In the evening, the children returned to their homes, while the boy returned inside to the orphanage. He stayed up the entire night looking outside his makeshift window, which was a hole knocked through the wall with a plane of glass covering it. Nearly the entire building was makeshift.He continued to look at the moon, because tonight it was full. Thought were pouring into his head, wondering what it would feel like if he had a family.At that moment, he felt like going outside. He crawled out of his bed and grabbed his coat, quietly sneaking out of the building, hoping not to wake up anyone.

As he left the building he stood in his usual place beside the orphanage. He looked at the landscape around him, he saw rows and rows of houses, nearly every one filled. Farther away, he saw the ship Pioneer I being built. He heard that's the ship everyone's going to leave in, hoping for a new home. He had no home, so he would probably be left.

"Hey!" a voice yelled out beside him. He turned his head quickly to see a young girl near his age standing near one of the houses while waring a nightgown and a coat over it.. She had short, solid yellow hair, a deep tan, and a pair of big, green eyes. "Hey, you're that kid that's always alone, why?" The girl said as she walked over to him. He paused a moment before he answered, then he turned away, "...because nobody wants me..."

The girl looked at him for a moment, ".........well...do you wana play with me?" He turned around and looked at her in return, "You want to play...with me?" The girl smiled and nodded at him. The boy was speechless. Nobody ever played with him, nobody even talked to him before."I'm Nilae, what's your name?" the girl said as she moved closer to the boy

The boy took a moment to reply"............Azra..."

After that moment, they played all sorts of games that were new to Azra, and, for the first time in his life, he was smiling. They played all through the night with the light of the full moon aluminating their playing feild. They played for hours untill the morning sun rised from the horizon. Nilae stoped for a moment and looked at the sunrise. "Uh-oh...I better get home soon. Hey, Azra, where do you live?" She said as she stood beside him. Azra didnt reply as he gave a cold stare at the orphanage. Nilae looked at Azra, then at the orphanage. "Oh......you live there?" Azra didn't look at her.She then got an idea"Hey, I have an idea...You can live with me" Azra turned quickly towards her, not beleiving what he heard.

"Me......live with you?" Azra said to himself. Nilae Nodded again with a smile, "I would really like you to live with me...So, what do you say?"

Azra looked at the ground, not knowing what to say. Small tears formed in his eyes as he tried to say something. Nilae saw him crying, "Azra, what's wrong?" He looked at her as the tears comtinued straming down his eyes with a faint smile on his face "...t-thank...you...for giving me....a home..."

Azra took the sleeve of his jacket ant wiped the tears off his face, "Nobody ever gave me a home...." Nilae took his hand and said in a soft voice, "Como'n...I'll show you..." Azra followed he as she lead him to one of the housing buildings.She opened the front doot and pulled Azra inside. She wispered to Azra, "shh...my parents are still asleep..." She walked upstairs with Azra folowing her.

Nilae's older brother, Nile was still awake though. Nile saw his sister finally return home, and he ran up the stairs, "sis, where have you been?" he said with a concerned tone. He was about twelve years old. He also had short yellow hair, green eyes, and a dark tan. Nilae tiried to hide Azra behind her, even though he was taller than her. "and who is that?" Nile said as he looked at Azra. "I was out with Azra playing. He dosen't have anywhere to live, so I brought him here...please don't get mad..."

Nile looked at Nilae and Azra, "You brought him here...because he has nowhere to go?" Nile said as he focused on Azra, "Well, lets wait for our parents decide, okay?" Nilae nodded in agreement, hoping they would say yes.

"...but first, you need a bath, badly..." Nile said with a playful tone. He took Azra to the bathrrom and quietly fixed up a tub of water for them. "Okay Azra, you're first..." Nile said as he washed Azra down with soap. "Nilae, go find some clothes for him okay?" Nile said as he scrubbed Azra's long silver hair. Nilae ran into her brother's room and gathered up some pajamas for Azra. When she returned, Azra was already out of the tub with a towel weapped around his body. Nilae giggled as she handed him the pajamas.

"Now off to bed you two. You'll sleep with her okay Azra?" Nile said as he leaded Azra to the bedrooom. Azra entered the bedroom with Nilae. The room was mostly pink with assorted furniture around. Nilae jumped atop of her bed, which was also pink. Azra crawled underneath the sheets as Nilae done the same."Now goodnight you two..." Nile said as he tucked both of them in. Azra didn't reply, but Nilae said goodnight to her big brother.

Later that morning, when her parents awoke, Nile explaind the situation to them. Her mother and father peeked into her room to see how they were doing. "Aww, isn't that sweet" her mother wispered as she looked at them. They were laying together in her bed asleep, while Nilae had her arms wrapped around Azra. Her parents discussed about keeping Azra, and they came to an agreement. Her father would go to the orphanage and fill out Azra's documents, assuring that Azra would become part of their family. From that day on, Azra gained a real family

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azrah on 2005-09-22 17:00 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Sep 17, 2005, 08:03 PM
I like it so far. The characters seem promising, and I can see any number of good plots springing out of this introduction.

The only criticism I think I can give you is to watch the continuity errors (which, in case you're unfamiliar, are little things that don't add up or "follow the rules," for lack of a better phrase). I see a lot of them just in this first chapter alone. For example, how could the parents not have heard a bath being drawn? That's kind of noisy, especially when there's nothing else going on in the house. Also, if it takes place ten years before the Pioneer Project, how can Azra look out his window and see Pioneer 1 being built right outside the orphanage? There are a few little things like that that sort of interrupt the reader's suspension of disbelief, but overall, it's a very good start. Keep those chapters coming!

Bungee950
Sep 18, 2005, 09:58 AM
Nice work, Azrah! can't wait for more!

Azrah
Sep 22, 2005, 05:40 PM
I meant before launch of Pioneer 1, plus, she has a big house

Shiva91
Sep 22, 2005, 05:53 PM
Can't wait to read more http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif please keep it up =D

Azrah
Sep 23, 2005, 05:13 PM
Chapeter Two
"Power"

-Planet Coral, School Building-

"Com'on Azra, You don't want to be late..." Nilae said as she pulled Azra towards his new school. "Now you tow have fun, okay?" their mother said as she waved them goodbye. Azra and Nilae waved back at their mom as they walked towards the school. Azra looked ahead at the building. This was the first time he's gone to a school. They entered through the entrance and went to their class together. They quickly sat down in their assigned seats, which were next to eachother. After a few minutes of talking, the teacher entered the classroom, and the room grew quiet. She wore small glasses and had brown braided hair. The teacher glanced at her new students as she started to speak, "Good morning class, I'm Ms. Tannaka." The students replied by saying good morning also. Then, Ms. Tannaka called of the list of students. As she called of the students, she came to Nilae's name, "Nilae Yakusho?" Nilae replied with a loud "Here" as she waved her hand. "Azra Yakusho?" Azra replied silently by raising his hand. Ms. Tanaka Glanced at Nilae, then at Azra with a questioning look, then she smiled, "Oh, you two must be brother or sister. Well, I hope you will like it here, Azra."

Azra nodded at the teacher. After that, class started and Azra learned alot of thing from writing, to history of Coral. Class was dismissed for the day, and all of the children flee out of the school. Nilae and Azra was waiting for their mother to pick them up. While they wait, one of the older kids walked ovet to them and started to pick on Azra."Hey, look at the freaky new kid, haha" the bully said as he shoved Azra down, "Stop it!" Nilae yelled as she ttried to push him away. Azra rose back up, only to be punched in the face. The bully started laughing again as Azra was holding his nose, with blood dripping off his hands. Nilae ran to Azra and helped him up. Azra wiped the blood of as he rose again, this time ready for the bully. "....I'm not scared of you..." Azra replied. "Hah, let's just see..." The bully said with a sneer. The bully punched with a strong force behind his fist. As the fist was about to hit Azra, he dodged it easily. The bully punched again and again, with Azra dodging every one. A crowd of children started to gather around the fight. Azra then delivered his attack. He punched towards the bully, but he caught his fist. Then, Azra's hand started to grow a fiery red, then the bully's fist started to burn. The bully fell to the ground, holding his burnt hand with tears falling out of his hands, "Owwww, you really are a freak."

"What is going on here?" Ms. Tannaka yelled as she broke up the fight. All of the kids told the teacher about the fight. Then, Nilae's mom pulled up and picked them up. As they got home, Azra ran into his room, trying to hide. His mom netered his room, only to see Azra huddled in the corner, crying. "Azra, what's wrong?" she said as she held Azra in her arms. Azra was scared, so he took a moment to reply. "Mom, I'm scared. Am I bad?" Azra said as tears continued to run down his pale cheeks. "No, why do you think that?" his mom said.

"What I did at school, ...I didn't mean to do it..." Azra said. His mom drew him closer to her "Shh, don't worry...you just have a special gift. A gift that is yours to decide what to do with."

Azra's father came into his room, "I heard what happened to school today..." He triedto take Azra, but he just tightened his grip around his mother. "Hmm...I see you got something very special..." He said as he held Azra's head in his hands. "You see...your gift is the power of techniques. Only a few people can do them, but nobody has ever done it at such young of an age. I'm really proud of you Azra, but you have to learn when and how to use them, okay?" Azra nodded as he dried his tears.

"Now com'on, lets go get something to eat, okay?" His father said as he leaded them outside.

-Planet Coral, Unknown-

In a dark room in a unknown place, a woman walks into a beam of light, illuminating her body. She had brown braided hair with a pair of glasses. A voice boomed out of nowhere, "So, has Project "Ultima :002" shown any activity?" "Yes, sir. tday he tested positive to his genetic makeup. He discovered his power of techniques." The woman said. The wall to the left illuminated with computerscrrens, showing videos of Azra.
"Good, good. Everything is going as planned. Project: Ultima is going well. You may go now, Agent Tannaka." The mysterious voice said as everythin in the room shuts off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azrah on 2005-09-25 12:02 ]</font>

Bungee950
Sep 24, 2005, 11:12 AM
Wow. Simply, one of the greatest Fanfics I have read here. It begs to be read.

Azrah
Sep 25, 2005, 01:30 PM
Chapter Three
"Oprotunity"

-1 year before Pioneer Project launch-

-Planet Coral, Hunter's Acadamy-

Azra and Nilae were almost grown up now, each about the age of seventeen. They were getting their first job together at the Hunter's Acadamy. They both exelled in the hunter's test, so now they're part of the acadamy. "Welcome to the Acadamy," The officer at the front desk said as they entered. He was a skinny person with a data visor on and an Officers uniform. "Please state your name and we'll get your I.D.'s ready." They stated their names and the officer input the data into the computer. After a moment, he read the computer screen, then, he gave Azra and Nilae tow badges with colored symbols. Nilae's was Whitil, which was white, and Azra's was Yellowboze, which was yellow. "These are your Section I.D.'s, which identifies which division in the acadamy you are best at, and acts like an I.D. card for you. They also serve as a badge of authority."The officer said as he leaded them down the hall. "Now, if you please, please enter the uniform room and aquire your uniform. Please choose which color you prefer. We beleive that we should wear uniforms according to our talents, but should have different designs to be more unique."

They both entered and picked out their uniforms and went int the dressing rooms. Azra exited with his new wardrobe, which was a black robe that stopped above his ankles with red designs imprinted in it, small metal shoulder pads, and a small black hat with a blue stone in the center with red designs around it. He also wore his new I.D. on his neck. Nilae exited the women's dressing room with a white dress with black designs on it, and a cute hat with two bells on it. Her I.D. was hanging around her neck, also.

"You look good..." Azra said as he studied Nilae new dress. "Thanks, you too" Nilae said as she fixed her hair.They both returned to the main lobby to meet the officer again. "Oh, good. You got your uniforms. Now, if you folow me, we can get your gear." He leaded them into a chamber with many shelves full of blue, green, and orange containers. The officer gathered two other items off the shelves. They were large tech-looking bracelets. He handed them to Nilae and Azra. "These are important tools to hunters. These serve as storage items, maps, and other useful things. These units are already installed with pre-equipment, such as a barrier, a protection frame, and a weapon. They also have a small supply of Monomates and Monofluids, which are recovery items." The officer said, "Oh, and one other thing, you each have 300 Meseta, so spend them wisely..." The officer leaded them towards a room glowing with a light blue sheen. "Please enter to be teleported to the training area." The officer said.

They entered the small room. Their bodies started to glow a light blue, then they disappeared. They reappeared to what seemed to be a forest. An intercom unit activated nearby, and the officer's voice coud be heard. "Okay, first we'll start off easy." Azra looked around to see something off his and Nilae's shoulder. "What are these?" Azra said as he tried to swat the black dot away from him. "Oh, I almost forgot. Those are MAGs. They are small robotic units.They act as a sort of partner. You can feed them items to help them grow. The more powerful they get, they evolve into stronger MAGs."

"Now, choose your weapon from your storage menu." The officer's voice said. Azra's hand grew a bright blue as mechguns formed in his hand. He held them up so it would be leveled to his head. A sly grin grew across his face. "...I like it..." was his only response as Nilae's hand also glowed a bright blue. A rod formed in her hands as she swung it around, getting used to it in her hand.

"Okay, begin training."

Wild animals began to appear, and Azra drew his gun, shooting at the Boomas that were charging towards him. Nilae swung her rod forwards as the tip of it glowed a fiery red. "Foie!" Nilae yelled as the fire shot forth from her weapon. They continued to fight wave after wave of beasts. After a while, the training stopped and they were teleported back to the acadamy.

"Very well done, you two. I think you going to be a great part of the Acadamy." the officer said as they returned to the lobby. "Now, we have a living dorm for the both of you." he said as he handed them an access card. "Hope you like it... " Azra and Nilae followed down the hallway to the living areas. They reached a door where Azra placed his access card into the lock slot, causing it to unlock. They entered their new living home together. "Wow, this is neat. I always dreamed of being a hunter. And we did it!" Nilae said as she sat on her bed. Azra's bed was across from hers. "Yeah, this is wonderful." Azra said as he sat right beside Nilae. "Nilae, I got a gift for you. I was saving it for awhile..." He said as he held a long, slender, brown package. She took it in her hands and removed the brown paper wrapping to reveal a beautiful silk white umbrella.

"Wow, this is really nice, Azra. Thanks." Nilae said as shewrapped her arms tightly around his neck. Azra wrapped his arms around her, too. After a moment, Nilae pulled away and admired her new umbrella. Azra glanced at her before turning away. "...Nilae, there's also something I wanted to ask you..." Nilae turned to look at Azra with a wondering look on her face. "....do...you think of me...as a brother....or...as a friend?"

"......" was Nilae's only response. She wasn't sure what to say. Azra turned to face her and grabbed her hands. His face had a soft, gentle look. "...because...I think of you as more than a sister..." Nilae was speechless. She couldn't speak for a moment. "For a long time...I've had....feelings for you..." Azra's hand traveled up to her face, his hand on her cheek. His pale face started to turn a slight red on his cheeks. Her cheeks started to have a red hue to them, as their faces narrowed. Azra closed his eyes as Nilae done the same. He felt his heart pace, faster, and faster as their faces neared eachother. Nilae closed the gap between eachother as their lips lightly touched. After a moment, Azra slowly pulled away from their kiss. Nilae just stayed there for a moment. Breathless... She liked the feeling she got when their lips touched. She rested her head against his shoulder for support. Azra's head rested atop of her's holding her hand.

Bungee950
Sep 26, 2005, 06:43 PM
O_O Stunning!
Glad this was stickeyed!
Keep it up! It's nice to see the Hunter training parts. Awesome, Azra!

Azrah
Sep 27, 2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks

I'm also planning a *covers mouth with hands*
whoops, almost spoiled it

well, whoever wants to take part, PM me