PDA

View Full Version : PSU in general

Rion772
Sep 20, 2005, 05:02 PM
i really like the fact you can upgrade your weapon combos and stuff, i also love the backrounds and the fields that you fight on! they really really really really big which makes the game much more fun

jean-yavon
Sep 25, 2005, 01:47 PM
I haven't heard anything about enhancing combos and the like. What do you mean by that?

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 02:17 PM
It means you start out with 3 hit combo, then you can up that to 6 and then there are special moves and such.

jean-yavon
Sep 25, 2005, 02:29 PM
That sounds like dynasty warriors(a good thing).
Does anyone know about photon blast are they even going to have those?

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 02:51 PM
I doubt that, since there won't be any mags. Casts and beasts get special moves that take an hour to charge. Beasts gets nanoblast which is a super form. Casts get some kind of weapons that beam down to them.

jean-yavon
Sep 25, 2005, 03:08 PM
What about humans? They don't have any moves like that or you don't know yet?

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 03:14 PM
Still unknown for humans and newmans. Its assumed newmans will get the highest magic power and moves over teh other races.

jean-yavon
Sep 25, 2005, 03:28 PM
You said something about no mags, are they going to replace them with somthing that can go with you on quests like the mags? I asking this because I thought I saw one in the latest movie for PSU.

Tact
Sep 25, 2005, 03:30 PM
On 2005-09-25 13:28, jean-yavon wrote:
You said something about no mags, are they going to replace them with somthing that can go with you on quests like the mags? I asking this because I thought I saw one in the latest movie for PSU.

Well, you may have seen the Mag-like robotic room attendants...

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 03:34 PM
You raise those like mags, but instead of boosting stats during battle they make items for you.

jean-yavon
Sep 25, 2005, 03:44 PM
Oh so no mags grate http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jean-yavon
Sep 25, 2005, 04:03 PM
I don't think having on mag that bad since they added so much to it. What about the story, I already know about offline story but will the online quest will that have a story?

Alisha
Sep 25, 2005, 06:57 PM
i saw some network video of psu where it looked like the guy was raising a mag in his room it even showed the words level up so i suspect there may be mags in online mode but not in the offline story

Parn
Sep 25, 2005, 07:10 PM
Uh... that movie you watched where the words "Level Up" appeared featured Ethan on the left. Offline mode isn't left out.

Reenee
Sep 25, 2005, 07:13 PM
On 2005-09-25 16:57, Alisha wrote:
i saw some network video of psu where it looked like the guy was raising a mag in his room it even showed the words level up so i suspect there may be mags in online mode but not in the offline story

Annnnd, if you've been keeping track of PSU, you'd know they're not called Mags. They're "partner machines".

OdinTyler
Sep 26, 2005, 12:02 AM
They can call them whatever they like. Ethan or not, I saw it evolve into different forms. To me its a mag. After all, as we all know, 'mags are given to hunters' and theyve been referred to as 'partners' as such. Personally, out of habit, Im gonna call it a mag (even if its not). Old habits die hard, I guess. Still tho. If it makes items FOR you, that would be something Id definitely look into. Also, do we get only one such 'partner machine' or can we gain others? Time will tell...

_Tek_
Sep 26, 2005, 03:48 AM
Guys they just make items, that's it. Its been said in an interview. You feed items and it will create better ones. I doubt they will change their minds and go back to the tradtional mag idea where they raise stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-26 01:50 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 26, 2005, 06:29 AM
On a technical note: It was said that you 'feed' your partner machinery parts, and it assembles them and spits out the product. Like a robotic horadric cube of sorts.

It'll make things pretty interesting, since it sounds like you can create custom weapons and other equipment for yourself. From the wording, it sounds like it'll make equipment, not items in general.

OdinTyler
Sep 26, 2005, 11:29 PM
If thats true, I like the possibilities. You could upgrade weapons, maybe armor? Kinda like a personal blacksmith to help you forge new equipment? Still tho, mag or not, Im gonna miss having a lil guy on my shoulder, my guardian angel of sorts. LOL

Rion772
Sep 27, 2005, 05:14 AM
the "partner machines" are pretty sweet, i wonder what kind of items they'll make, healing? skill boosting units? who know

PhruitBaskit
Sep 27, 2005, 12:41 PM
On 2005-09-26 04:29, Kent wrote:
On a technical note: It was said that you 'feed' your partner machinery parts, and it assembles them and spits out the product. Like a robotic horadric cube of sorts.

It'll make things pretty interesting, since it sounds like you can create custom weapons and other equipment for yourself. From the wording, it sounds like it'll make equipment, not items in general.

If it works like that I'd be more than happy with the new "mags".

So that would mean if you fed it a different combination of stuff, it would make a different item.

Rion772
Sep 29, 2005, 04:02 PM
I just thought about something, I HATED in pso how in challenge mode if a hunter (blade user) faught a force and they we're the same level (above 50) a force would win almost every damn time, Just because they could render a hunter to be damn near useless with jellen, zalure, deband, and shifta. I really hope that those specific tech's aren't so strong in psu because it was really annoying that you could make almost any enemy into a weakling with those tech's at their max levels. If those tech's are that strong this time around too I really hope just to even things out that a hunter (blade user) can use those tech's at their max levels, because it would be totally unfair to just beat on a hunter (blade user) with your tech's and he can't do anything about it except run, I really hope hunters and newmans can use the same tech's, just the attack tech's we're much stronger, just not the support tech's.

Anyone else agree? (and if your a newman I think you would agree it makes challenge mode to easy)

Kent
Sep 29, 2005, 05:31 PM
...Why would a Force be fighting a Hunter in Challenge mode? :/

If anything, I hope there are status-affecting techniques that are more diverse, and maybe more powerful, than those found in PSO. Then again, I'm somewhat of a status junkie...

_Tek_
Sep 29, 2005, 08:59 PM
But at the same time one swing from the hunter's sword and teh fomar is dead.

Battle mode sux, that's all. You can't play fair unless everyone is the same class.

But PSU's BA mode will be better.

Rion772
Sep 30, 2005, 05:16 AM
On 2005-09-29 18:59, _Tek_ wrote:
But at the same time one swing from the hunter's sword and teh fomar is dead.

That is not true, if a force used lv. 30 jellen and zalure on you and lv. 30 shifta and deband on himself then your attacks ARE pretty useless

_Tek_
Sep 30, 2005, 06:10 AM
Yeah that's right. I think armor was unbalanced in pso, it had such low resistance to enemy techs, but enemies had such high resistence to your own techs. That's why the battle mode was so skewed. Its often why many battles in pso were played with hunters no techs.

Kent
Sep 30, 2005, 06:50 AM
Hey, if not for the ability to kill someone from afar with techniques before they get into melee range, then what would a Force be good for in Battle Mode? That's kinda the point, if you keep then at range, you'll be able to win, and if they get close... Hunter Smash!

Rion772
Sep 30, 2005, 10:27 AM
what annoyed me is the other day i was fighting a hildetorr and i ran into another room and it had shot its megid at me and i forget enemy techs go right past doors into other rooms and dumb me wasn't carry a damn scape doll, so i had to search for another hilde and after about 1hr 30mins i got lucky..the point is that it was stupid enemy techs could go into other rooms if they shot an attack through a door and you can't..its really irritating

PhruitBaskit
Sep 30, 2005, 12:40 PM
On 2005-09-25 13:44, jean-yavon wrote:
Oh so no mags grate http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Cheer up buddy, partner machinery is going to be just as kick as as mags were.

Rubesahl
Sep 30, 2005, 01:07 PM
I actually am annoyed by the feeding the mag part of PSO >_>;; being a FO and having to scavenge money to share fluids with ur mag is really annoying in the lower levels -__-; I'd be relieved if they make p.machinery less important in char development when compared to the mag. Which looks like it'll be like that wee~ >_>;;

Rion772
Oct 5, 2005, 02:55 PM
On 2005-09-30 11:07, Rubesahl wrote:
I actually am annoyed by the feeding the mag part of PSO >_>;; being a FO and having to scavenge money to share fluids with ur mag is really annoying in the lower levels -__-; I'd be relieved if they make p.machinery less important in char development when compared to the mag. Which looks like it'll be like that wee~ >_>;;

I'm not saying your stupid but if you actually thought about it and made a more rational choice you would've chose to make a Hunter first, get tons of money quick then make a FO and give it the money which you probably already know >.>.

ANIMEniac
Oct 5, 2005, 05:43 PM
its soundin like the partner robots are just portable Rikkus with overdrive (FFX) i think the PM's will be a little more injoyable than a My first frankenstien kit. aslo i think if they dont fix the whole Forces own in battle thing it still wont be as horrid as PSO. straifing will take care ofconstant foie, barta, megid, and other techs that should be avoidable if it wasent for the limited-ish character movement. i think battle will be alot more intinse on this game with the improfed footwork and all. and if you could dodge or roll in any way like on the cinimatics then that would be cooler.

Rubesahl
Oct 5, 2005, 05:56 PM
On 2005-10-05 12:55, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-09-30 11:07, Rubesahl wrote:

I'm not saying your stupid but if you actually thought about it and made a more rational choice you would've chose to make a Hunter first, get tons of money quick then make a FO and give it the money which you probably already know >.>.

LOL Man I'm having an unlucky streak in this forum >_> Anyways, yes I know that, in fact that's the way I usually raised my FO's mag but it's ridiculous to think that's the normal way to do it (I'm not talking about you by the way) What I mean is that I doubt that's how ST thought FOs should raise their mag easier, problem is in the balancing of classes and just general gameplay balancing. I preffer that each character can grow individually without help from another character. I'm not a fan of playing as a Hunter either... I can have a HU but I much rather have one character I mainly play with so I can actually hope to reach a high level. I just don't have enough time to play with an alternate character to make money and then give it to my Force to level him up and his mag.

To be frank I've always been behind in every online game cause I just can't play as much as the majority of the player population so I end up being in level 40 in 2 months while everybody is already by level 70+.

Also the fact of 'tracking' the mag to feed it is tedious FOR ME (if anyone else likes it fine by me) I much rather preffer putting a list so it automatically feeds the items I put in it. And if someone is going to mention the mag timer app I used it and it's still annoying... and to top it all the mag plays such a huge role in how effective you are that sometimes I just forget to feed it and have a harder time than I would if I fed it right...

Rion772
Oct 8, 2005, 12:32 PM
Hopefully you won't have to do 5-10 runs a day for 6-12 months to get a super Rare Weapon.