PDA

View Full Version : I was speculating about race abilities...

Dre_o
Sep 23, 2005, 07:44 PM
While I was looking at the PSU pictures and update information, an interesting thought came to my mind. Beasts will be able to transform, Casts are immune to poisioning and what not and they are also going to have a small amount of MST, then what special abilities will Humans or Newmans have? I'm sure they'll have more Techs than Casts or Beasts but is that all?

Please inform me if I've missed something.

________
Yamaha YSR80 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_YSR80)

Kupi
Sep 23, 2005, 08:08 PM
I'm fairly certain that the Technique capabilities of both Androids and Beasts are going to be so slim as to make them quite near useless. Humans are the jacks of all trades-- better than average in everything but the pinnacle of nothing. That leaves Newmen as the only race capable of truly exceptional Technique use, and with as broad a range of abilities as Techniques give you, that's quite enough of a skill to make Newmen useful.

Besides, it sounds like Casts and Beasts only get to use their ubermoves once an hour (which I hope was a mistranslation). That isn't much of an advantage.

Dre_o
Sep 23, 2005, 08:34 PM
Besides, it sounds like Casts and Beasts only get to use their ubermoves once an hour (which I hope was a mistranslation). That isn't much of an advantage.

Yea that was my thought exactly. I also had a hunch about the Beasts and Casts limited Techs.

Another thought is that Humans and/or Newmans may have some special attacks with a certain weapon that Beasts and Casts don't. My thought is something like Ethan's Double saber dive thrust thing.

________
herbalire vaporizer review (http://herbalairevaporizer.com)

_Tek_
Sep 23, 2005, 09:19 PM
Well So far all I know is Beasts and Casts each will have a special move that takes an hour to charge. Beast get the nano blast transformation. Casts get extra weaponry teleported to them for a massive attack. I suppose Newman's special ability may be the ability to use teh highist leve techs(as one of you said). For human, I've no idea what they could really have.

Kent
Sep 23, 2005, 09:25 PM
On 2005-09-23 18:08, Kupi wrote:

It could be that said ubermoves are just that uber.

Rion772
Sep 23, 2005, 09:34 PM
I don't mean to sound like an idiot but...what does "uber" even mean? also maybe hunters specials are the can use certain weapons that the other 3 classes can't (special weapons) that are actually useful, that or maybe they get a power, defense and HP bonus or something...I don't know, but if Beast type characters don't have a lot of MST then I really won't bother with them because techs. are really important, I think Humans are the best cuz they use mid lv techs, and have high power...i just hope Humans have a really good special.

Kent
Sep 23, 2005, 09:53 PM
"Uber" is german for "over" but has been adapted into a slang term that means something along the lines of "super," sometimes used in the same manner as in the German national anthem, "Deutschland Uber Allen."

omegabuild
Sep 24, 2005, 07:16 AM
if they give beasts and casts a 1 hour ability i cant see them not giving humans and newmans something similar, though i never saw that the abilities were 1/hr
and mo matter how uber a 1/hr move is, its merely 1 per hour cant make up for extremely poor tech type stats

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegabuild on 2005-09-24 05:17 ]</font>

Dre_o
Sep 24, 2005, 07:46 AM
and mo matter how uber a 1/hr move is, its merely 1 per hour cant make up for extremely poor tech type stats

That is my thought exactly, I never believed being a Cast was much of an advantage when 90% of your online time, you have someone around who has Anti lev 5 or up so their immunity is irrelivent.

The difference in PSU is we don't know the full abilities of either the Nano transformation or the weapon beam down so we'll have to wait and see. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

________
easy vape (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)

Reenee
Sep 24, 2005, 10:46 AM
Newmans could always regenerate TP, just like in Ep. 1 & 2.

As for humans...I always thought they could have a developed bodily immune system that would help prevent prolonged abnormal status effects such as poison and paralysis...or eliminate them entirely.

Dre_o
Sep 24, 2005, 11:42 AM
As for humans...I always thought they could have a developed bodily immune system that would help prevent prolonged abnormal status effects such as poison and paralysis...or eliminate them entirely.

That is indeed an interesting theory and I believe that it makes the most sense now that I think about it.

________
home made vaporizer (http://homemadevaporizers.info)

Sizzors
Sep 24, 2005, 12:21 PM
What about material usage and stat maxing?

Maybe Humans(Like in Epi. 1 & 2) could be able to use more materials. Or having more balanced stats(becuase we all know that forces need some balance)

And the immune system thing is random, yet somehow intriging...

_Tek_
Sep 24, 2005, 05:35 PM
Here's the male human character advantage:
You can make him into Sephiroth or Cloud. XD

But that immune system seems interesting, maybe if they get poisoned, it will eventually wear of, but with beast and newman it would require a healing item to recover. And cast should be just immune to all of that.

What about that shock status?

Kent
Sep 25, 2005, 02:27 AM
Well, if they're going to do something like that, then it'd be more fair for humans to just recover naturally from status faster than others, and/or give them a higher chance of resisting the status alltogether.

Though, in comparison, it seems that a passive thing like that doesn't compare to the abilities of a Cast or Beast. I'm guessing that the difference in technique effectiveness between Cast/Beast and Human/Newman is rather large; Casts and Beasts have an uber ability they can use once an hour to blast the hell out of something (or equivalent), and Humans and Newmen have the ability to throw out techniques with much more efficacy.

If done right, it could be pretty balanced.

Rion772
Oct 1, 2005, 05:35 PM
I just hope this time Humans can use every single tech. instead of only being able to do simple-hard tech.s excluding 2 major tech.s then not being able to revive other players and you can't even raise your stats with shifta and deband...and I don't even care much about what cast's can do but I hope the difference between force tech.s and human tech.s won't be much different except the magnitude of the tech.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-10-01 15:36 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 1, 2005, 07:06 PM
On 2005-10-01 15:35, Rion772 wrote:
I just hope this time Humans can use every single tech. instead of only being able to do simple-hard tech.s excluding 2 major tech.s then not being able to revive other players and you can't even raise your stats with shifta and deband...and I don't even care much about what cast's can do but I hope the difference between force tech.s and human tech.s won't be much different except the magnitude of the tech.

Uh... In PSO, humans could use any techniques their class permitted them to...

Rion772
Oct 1, 2005, 07:54 PM
On 2005-10-01 17:06, Kent wrote:

On 2005-10-01 15:35, Rion772 wrote:

Uh... In PSO, humans could use any techniques their class permitted them to...

Hmmm maybe I already knew that, and you misunderstood, what i'm saying is that hunters should be allowed to use every single technique that newmans can use except newmans techniques should just be stronger so it's more fair...do you understand now?

Parn
Oct 1, 2005, 08:51 PM
...Newmans have always had stronger techs than everyone else.

Rion772
Oct 1, 2005, 09:41 PM
On 2005-10-01 18:51, Parn wrote:
...Newmans have always had stronger techs than everyone else.

Alright this is getting rather annoying, I know that newmans have always had the strongest tech.s, I play Phantasy Star Online 4 hours a day at the minimum, what I was getting at is that instead this time hunters should be able to use all techniques instead of only being able to use 14 out of the 19 tech.s oe whatever, the only difference between the hunter and newmans tech.s should be the magnitude difference.

_Tek_
Oct 1, 2005, 10:44 PM
Then it would need to be the same for rangers.

Parn
Oct 2, 2005, 12:07 AM
On 2005-10-01 19:41, Rion772 wrote:
Alright this is getting rather annoying, I know that newmans have always had the strongest tech.s, I play Phantasy Star Online 4 hours a day at the minimum, what I was getting at is that instead this time hunters should be able to use all techniques instead of only being able to use 14 out of the 19 tech.s oe whatever, the only difference between the hunter and newmans tech.s should be the magnitude difference.
This should annoy you even more then. Apparently you haven't played as much PSO as I have, because otherwise you'd know that hunters and rangers used to be able to cast Megid, Grants, and the Jellen/Zalure Shifta/Deband combos. That was changed when PSO left the Dreamcast, and it was changed for a good reason: if Forces can't use all the Hunter weapons, why should Hunters be able to use all the Force techniques?

What you propose further eliminates variation between characters. PSO on Dreamcast was a perfect example of why this is a bad idea.

kazuma56
Oct 2, 2005, 12:18 AM
Well, maybe Humans will have the ability to use ultra powerful variations of regular skills and magics depending on class route.

For instance, a human going the path of force would (would be wrong since everyone can't be lutz) be able to unleash a more powerful version of foie (faliel) 1 or 2 times an hour... and maybe humans going the path of hunter will be able to combine 2 techs into 1, like somehow make a grand-cross on your own, or change a skill like cross-cut to cross-slash or something....As for rangers, not too sure since they never had any skills/techs but maybe they will be able to hit vital organs every hour for like 1 minute which instantly dispatches enemies in 1 shot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-10-01 22:18 ]</font>

Dre_o
Oct 2, 2005, 12:34 AM
but maybe they will be able to hit vital organs every hour for like 1 minute which instantly dispatches enemies in 1 shot.

That makes reasonable sense except then you'd get people who would be like:"Oh no! my hour is up! Oh well, i'll just sit back, shoot everthing once and let you guys take it from there."

And unless you could have a vote to kick those types of people from the party, that would PISS ME OFF!! And things get ugly when i'm pissed.

_Tek_
Oct 2, 2005, 03:26 AM
"but maybe they will be able to hit vital organs every hour for like 1 minute which instantly dispatches enemies in 1 shot."

K, now this just getting crazy. I'd simply accpet that certain enemy parts have less defense, easy.

Rion772
Oct 2, 2005, 08:33 AM
On 2005-10-01 22:07, Parn wrote:

On 2005-10-01 19:41, Rion772 wrote:
This should annoy you even more then. Apparently you haven't played as much PSO as I have, because otherwise you'd know that hunters and rangers used to be able to cast Megid, Grants, and the Jellen/Zalure Shifta/Deband combos. That was changed when PSO left the Dreamcast, and it was changed for a good reason: if Forces can't use all the Hunter weapons, why should Hunters be able to use all the Force techniques?

What you propose further eliminates variation between characters. PSO on Dreamcast was a perfect example of why this is a bad idea.

Yeah I played on Dreamcast too...For about 10 minutes. I thought it was just really pointless how a hunter could not put up their own stats and only decrease enemy stats. Hunters should be able to atleast use all of the support spells.

And hunters can't use force weapons (cane,rod,scepter, etc...). Force's also didn't need those close range weapons because their mainly focused on medium-long range (i'm assuming) and don't need the most powerful saber in the whole game whereas hunters are focused on all ranges but excel in melee combat.(if the whole forces are meant for medium-long range thing was wrong then 1/2 of my post is meaningless)

Parn
Oct 2, 2005, 08:55 AM
On 2005-10-02 06:33, Rion772 wrote:
I thought it was just really pointless how a hunter could not put up their own stats and only decrease enemy stats. Hunters should be able to atleast use all of the support spells.

No, it's not pointless. The entire point of removing Shifta/Deband was to make HUmars more dependant on other classes instead of being all-encompassing. They were too powerful on Dreamcast.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 3, 2005, 12:27 PM
On 2005-09-23 18:34, Dre_o wrote:

Another thought is that Humans and/or Newmans may have some special attacks with a certain weapon that Beasts and Casts don't. My thought is something like Ethan's Double saber dive thrust thing.

Personally, I think that would suck. I would get pissed watching someone's human/newman do some super sweet attack that my cast can't do, even though we have the exact same weapon.

Dre_o
Oct 3, 2005, 12:53 PM
On 2005-10-03 10:27, PhruitBaskit wrote:

On 2005-09-23 18:34, Dre_o wrote:

Personally, I think that would suck. I would get pissed watching someone's human/newman do some super sweet attack that my cast can't do, even though we have the exact same weapon.

But you must also remember, what will non-Casts feel like if a cast pulls out it's hourly move and wipes out an entire huge area of enemies before the others can do what is necesary to get the exp?

On the other hand, I see your point. I just think we'd have to get over each other's differences because just like on PSO, the forces had weapons that did all sorts of awsome effects but yet the Hunters and Rangers couldn't use them.

On ANOTHER hand, Hunters could use certain weapons that have huge powers and attack ranges. They also have much more defence than Forces.

I'm rambling so I won't even talk about rangers...

We just have to remember, no matter what happens, we HAVE to get over the differences to survive.

(Wow, that sounded like a persuasive essay.

Dre_o
Oct 3, 2005, 01:04 PM
Thinking about my last post, I decided that I better specify my self a little.

The special attack with certain weapons that I thought about could be linked to TP. Everyone could use the attack, but the attack may be marginally weaker for Beasts and Casts but for Humans and Newmans, it might have an extra strike for the attack and do more dammage per strike.

Rion772
Oct 3, 2005, 02:54 PM
Now that I think about it, I just hope that hunters have some unique attack that no other race has like the Beast and Cast hourly move and whatever newmans can do. I hope that they have some type of trump card that's just...amazing.

Kent
Oct 3, 2005, 03:12 PM
Apparently, Hunters aren't in the game any more, same with the other character classes. Looks like it's just races now.

Split
Oct 3, 2005, 04:02 PM
On 2005-09-23 19:25, Kent wrote:

On 2005-09-23 18:08, Kupi wrote:

It could be that said ubermoves are just that uber.

yeah, and also, we don't know how long they last, either.

ANIMEniac
Oct 3, 2005, 09:03 PM
i think the thought of one nano blast an hr isent all that bad when i compare it to PSO. i have gone from forest to falz and only used my PB twice because of the slow charging and going back to town reseting the gage. and knowing how i play, if i where to have the fail-safe of knowing it is every hr and not fluctuating if i go to a town or not it would be better

kazuma56
Oct 3, 2005, 10:53 PM
That makes reasonable sense except then you'd get people who would be like:"Oh no! my hour is up! Oh well, i'll just sit back, shoot everthing once and let you guys take it from there."

And unless you could have a vote to kick those types of people from the party, that would PISS ME OFF!! And things get ugly when i'm pissed.

Well, IMO, that's their problem because they won't be getting any rare drops for that duration because they ARE ranging and who knows how the XP system works in PSU, or the item distribution? maybe if someone isn't "active" enough they will not get as much XP as those that are, and item drops may only appear for those that kill enemies, or randomly assigned to active members like GW.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 4, 2005, 12:46 PM
On 2005-10-03 11:04, Dre_o wrote:
Thinking about my last post, I decided that I better specify my self a little.

The special attack with certain weapons that I thought about could be linked to TP. Everyone could use the attack, but the attack may be marginally weaker for Beasts and Casts but for Humans and Newmans, it might have an extra strike for the attack and do more dammage per strike.

I like the sound of that more, but I'm still not sure if I like it. I would rather just have Humans and Newmans get their own super sweet hourly specials instead of having "marginally weaker attacks for Beasts and Casts." And you're right, about getting over the differences, whatever they'll be.