PDA

View Full Version : In the mood to murder. UPDATE

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 26, 2005, 03:11 PM
As some of you might already know ( at least the ones in the IRC channel) I have taken up to guard my farm from theft by standing watch with a shotgun at my farm and sleeping at night in a high tree, recently I injured myself by falling off my sleeping tree and landed on my left side, my ribs giving me more that enough reason to head back home with my family and nurse myself back to a better state so I could go back to work. Thinking to myself "Everything will be fine when I get back."

I get back yesterday and,Lo and behold ! I leave the farm unguarded for 2 measly days and I get robbed...

20 of my ducks are missing, 57 chickens are gone and three of my guard dogs were hacked at forcing me to sacrifice them to end their pain and are now dead. Due to the fact that when I arrived at the farm two of my dogs were still half alive (one was decapitaded) I believe the theft happened 2 or 3 hours before I arrived.

If I only would have arrived sooner I could have done at least something. *Sigh*

What makes matters worse is that the police is no help at all. Since the place is a rural area they rarely ever patrol and becuase I only lost animals and not an "object" they will not assign anyone to investigate.

I really need to shoot someone right now http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif.

Bastard thieves. If I ever find out who they are...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lone_Wolf_Nasca on 2005-10-29 11:05 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Sep 26, 2005, 03:14 PM
>.>

Sounds like someone knows your schedule. I would be careful. Dogs and animals can be replaced, but you are irreplaceable. Heal your ribs and think of some other means to protect your farm. Perhaps some trip wire with flares to make lots of noise and light up the night, that may make it easier for you to keep your distance and shoot away.

Good luck to you.

ABDUR101
Sep 26, 2005, 03:16 PM
If they're on your property and you catch them man, shoot to kill, on sight. Don't fuck around, and I'm dead serious.

If they're on your farm in the middle of the night, they're up to no good, and I'd much rather you kill someone who's trespassing and most likely looking to do damage, than have you be on the receiving end.

Considering what they did to your dogs, again, don't hesitate to split someone in two.

I'm sorry all of that has been happening, I've been wondering where you've been. =|

navci
Sep 26, 2005, 03:21 PM
*hugglez*
We already talked about this. You are a strong, good, hard-working man. You can get through this.

Sayara
Sep 26, 2005, 03:28 PM
I don't know what i can tell you that Abdur and navi already suggested and said, but i do hope things turn out for better.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 26, 2005, 03:55 PM
Do you live in Puerto Rico. Because if you do you chose the worst two days to leave, with Filiberto Ojeda Rios being killed and everything.

But I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to get some help on your farm.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 26, 2005, 04:14 PM
On 2005-09-26 13:55, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Do you live in Puerto Rico. Because if you do you chose the worst two days to leave, with Filiberto Ojeda Rios being killed and everything.

But I wish you the best of luck and hope you are able to get some help on your farm.

Bleh, don't even remind me...
Things are bad enough as it is, what with the raise in price of power (100%),water(135%),taxes(120%), food and gas (75.9 cents per L.). With Filiberto Ojeda Rios death a revolution might even erupt. Just my damn luck these days.

Blah, I need to get my ass up to Canada soon, but I don't see the time coming anytime soon...

Daikarin
Sep 26, 2005, 04:25 PM
Forget what I said. It sucks. Be aware if you see someone suspicious and take action.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2005-09-26 14:29 ]</font>

Solstis
Sep 26, 2005, 04:27 PM
As usual, I wish the best for you Nasca, and am saddened by the loss of your critters and friends.

May you recover. :/

Allos
Sep 26, 2005, 04:51 PM
What kind of fucking prick would decapitate a dog???? Whatever you do to them, they deserve it. Good luck.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 26, 2005, 05:15 PM
What side of the island are you on because the Aguadilla side has been rather uneventful. I honestly don't see a revolution happening but maybe it is just because of where I am located at.

Sorry about the hijacking of the topic.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 26, 2005, 05:29 PM
On 2005-09-26 15:15, Shattered_weasel wrote:
What side of the island are you on because the Aguadilla side has been rather uneventful. I honestly don't see a revolution happening but maybe it is just because of where I am located at.

Sorry about the hijacking of the topic.

Well it is not that people are up in arms about his death, I am saying that the death of that man COULD spark the flames of revolution, it only takes a handful of well motivated men to make a hit on the state, hopefully it will not happen, it is just a possibility<sp?>.

On a side note I am located on the north on Hatillo.

KodiaX987
Sep 26, 2005, 05:30 PM
On 2005-09-26 14:14, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:

Blah, I need to get my ass up to Canada soon, but I don't see the time coming anytime soon...

In Canada, gas costs at least 1.20$ a litre, federal sales tax is 7% (plus another 7.5% if you choose Quebec), federal income tax is 22% if you make between 35,595 and 71,190$ a year, and 26% if you make between 71,190 and 115,739$. Provincial income taxes vary but for an income of between 35,595 and 115,739$, expect to pay between 35 and 45%. Power and water, however, come at a cheap price. Farms get little support from the government and thus isn't generally regarded as a moneymaking business unless you think big (big as in the numerous mega pigfarms that populate the southern part of Quebec below the St-Lawrence river, so much that many have begun complaining about the stench, or the bovine industry in Saskatchewan and Alberta, which is currently suffering from an embargo by the US government due to a mad cow disease case.)

Better come prepared.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2005-09-26 15:31 ]</font>

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Sep 26, 2005, 05:44 PM
I am aware Shuri of all of that, which is why I am not there right now, I had planned to move to Canada years ago, but I won't move not until I have enough to buy a house and I still have more that $47 thousand dollars to go for that plan to work. Saskatchewan was precisely where I am planning on setting down to set a farm, and raise a new herd of sheep.

I just can't deal with all the crime anymore here in Puerto Rico.

ai_no_usagi
Sep 26, 2005, 06:30 PM
if you ever catch them, I do believe that you have the legal right to shoot them if they are tresspassing, or have the intention of harming you or your property. I would strongly suggest camping in a tree and shoot to kill.

Scejntjynahl
Sep 26, 2005, 06:34 PM
On 2005-09-26 16:30, ai_no_usagi wrote:
if you ever catch them, I do believe that you have the legal right to shoot them if they are tresspassing, or have the intention of harming you or your property. I would strongly suggest camping in a tree and shoot to kill.

He has been. Because of it he fell and hurt his ribs.

What he trully lacks is the man power. That is the only feasible solution I see. Moments like this I hate the fact I live so far from everyone. I would so stand guard, Im a preety good shot.

Again, best of luck Wolf.

Bungee950
Sep 26, 2005, 06:46 PM
On 2005-09-26 14:51, Allos wrote:
What kind of fucking prick would decapitate a dog???? Whatever you do to them, they deserve it. Good luck.

Damn straight. Give 'em another whole in the ass for me, Nasca.

Dangerous55
Sep 26, 2005, 10:09 PM
I'd say get yourself a short powerful carbine and stay in your house or barn. Try a SKS or Mini-14. Hell a cheap Mosin Nagant would work. Whatever you use make sure you know how to though.

-z-
Sep 27, 2005, 02:05 AM
with enough cash you could hire someone...
>.>
<.<
who could get there in a day or two, are trained marksmen and very ruthless

opaopajr
Sep 27, 2005, 04:39 AM
well, stay safe first.

that said, i find passive defense excellent, if not at least entertaining, ways of dealing with bad people. there's the old "out of sight, out of mind" but you've already been spotted so, that's out.

then there's vengeful plants. cacti, ant colony acacias, pampas grass (cuts people up into ribbons), poison ivy, oak, sumac, brambles, thorn bushes, rhododendron hells, pepper plants (light on fire at your peril!), etc. nature provides plenty of stuff that fight back quite painfully. but that takes a while to grow.

which leads to i guess concertina wire and caltrops.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

oh! beehives are your friend! bees and wasps take no shit when it comes to intrusions. i remember an entertaining story of young american vandals joy riding. this was a rural community. so they were driving through orchards and knew there was a cluster of beehives deep within. they wanted to vandalize by driving into the beehives, shattering them, and drive off. but the bees weren't having it, they entered through every crevice they could, air vents, etc. soon after the young vandals crashed into a tree (hey, orchard, y'know) and the bees stung the shit out of them. the caretaker had to rush and figure out what was going on and said if she didn't arrive sooner it was a very real possibility that they would've died. they were in serious to critical condition, car crash and stings, with outrageous amounts of venom in their system. lesson, don't piss off bees.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2005-09-27 02:40 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 27, 2005, 09:39 AM
On 2005-09-26 13:16, ABDUR101 wrote:
If they're on your property and you catch them man, shoot to kill, on sight. Don't fuck around, and I'm dead serious.

If they're on your farm in the middle of the night, they're up to no good, and I'd much rather you kill someone who's trespassing and most likely looking to do damage, than have you be on the receiving end.

Considering what they did to your dogs, again, don't hesitate to split someone in two.

I'm sorry all of that has been happening, I've been wondering where you've been. =|

Listen to this man, Nasca! He is made of wisdom and smart posts!

On 2005-09-26 20:09, Dangerous55 wrote:
I'd say get yourself a short powerful carbine and stay in your house or barn. Try a SKS or Mini-14. Hell a cheap Mosin Nagant would work. Whatever you use make sure you know how to though.

Also listen to this man, he is made of brains and ammunition! It won't do you any good if you catch the theives and you miss them...and then they fire back. Take some shooting classes so you know how to handle a gun properly. This is, of course, assuming you're not familar with a shotgun/carbine. If you're already proficient, well, you're already proficient. >_>

Best of luck to you.

Tact
Sep 27, 2005, 09:54 AM
On 2005-09-26 13:11, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:
As some of you might already know ( at least the ones in the IRC channel) I have taken up to guard my farm from theft by standing watch with a shotgun at my farm and sleeping at night in a high tree,

There you go. Shotgun. I hope you stop whoever's invading at night, and get your farm back into order.

Dangerous55
Sep 27, 2005, 12:24 PM
On 2005-09-27 07:54, Tact wrote:

On 2005-09-26 13:11, Lone_Wolf_Nasca wrote:
As some of you might already know ( at least the ones in the IRC channel) I have taken up to guard my farm from theft by standing watch with a shotgun at my farm and sleeping at night in a high tree,

There you go. Shotgun. I hope you stop whoever's invading at night, and get your farm back into order.

No shit, I was suggesting a carbine.

navci
Oct 14, 2005, 02:25 AM
Sorry to bump this.
Just spoke with Nasca earlier. The thieves who raided his farm were caught. So he feels better with those bastards caught and lock up now.

Just thought some of you might want to know. :>

Eihwaz
Oct 14, 2005, 08:47 AM
Yay for justice. Thanks for telling us, navi. :o

ABDUR101
Oct 14, 2005, 01:00 PM
I'm glad to hear, was wondering how that was going. A load off his mind I am quite sure.

Sharkyland
Oct 15, 2005, 03:59 AM
Hmm...

I would probably use the old fashion medival traps of course you need to be wary of them too or any trap that would set off a large sound. Though if you do it that way, then it's best if you would use that type of ink that department store uses or some acidic/basic chemicals.

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Oct 29, 2005, 01:04 PM

And I will quote this once again AND in bolds for emphasis:

I should have taken that advice more at heart, this morning at 2:17 I spot from my Hammock in the sheeps pen a white pick-up truck parking itself next to my farm's fence. At first I thought that maybe the driver stopped for some sleep, but then a tall man ranging in height from 5'11" to 6'2", dressed in blue jeans and a black shirt, thin and bald/close cut gets out of the vehicle and proceeds to get up the drivers cabin's roof and jumps from there pass my fence.

Now I knew this guy was up to no good if he used his car to jump my fence, so I decide to unhoster my side-arm and forget about using the shotgun so I could have a free hand and shine him with a flash light. BIG FUCKING MISTAKE EVER !!! The moment I shone the light on him he didn't even give me a chance to yell at him to turn back, he just withdrew a fire arm of his own and opened fire on me !! The fucker FUCKING SHOT AT ME !!! His first shot missed my head by twelve inches, hitting the pen instead, I threw away the flashlight and returned fire myself just so I had a chance to at least get better cover ( as bad cover wood makes for bullets, but you get the idea...), I think the whole fire fight only lasted less that a minute but HELL the whole thing felt 20 minutes long, I have been shot and HIT by gunfire before by accident but I have never found myself in this kind of situation where someone is trying to hit me on purpose to kill me >.< !!! I think he emptied his clip when he stopped his fire so I took the chance to assail him myself with 3 quick aimed shots(READ BADLY AIMED) and then duck again for cover, since I only had one clip on the gun and 12 shots for the shotgun , which I left on the other side of the pen so I could not afford to go Gun-HO. My second shot seemed to have reached home on the guy's left arm, as he soon grasped it, but I didn't want to poke my head out to make sure as I would like to keep it where it is.

When I felt it was "safe" to look he was climbing the fence to escape I took the chance to empty my gun on him and the pick-up truck but my marksman ship skills seem to suffer a lot after near death experiences http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif, so I don't think I managed to hit him again. He took off at full speed and then I called 911 for help.

Police are currently investigating and searching my farm for his used bullets (caps ?) and any blood he might have loss if I really did wound him.

Thankfully I managed to escape this confrontation without any wounds to my body, can't say much for my spirit tho...

Sigh*

I so thought I would be able to sleep without worries, my sense of security is now gone http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif .

I FUCKING HATE THIEVES !!!! YOU ALL NEED TO DIE YOU SONS OF WHORES !!! MAY YOU ROT IN THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS !!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!

Huff, huff...

End of rant.

ABDUR101
Oct 29, 2005, 01:14 PM
I told you man. When people are willing to go to such an extreme in cases like this, they're more than willing to kill you and anyone who see's them in the act. Expecially if it's just a normal thing for them. =[

I've nearly lost family over mere break-ins, my dad lost his brother to another family member over long-seeded hatred.

When you're on your own land, and someone comes into it, don't, fuck, around. I'd rather kill someone who might have been causing trouble, than have myself and my entire family murdered by someone who was going to cause trouble.

You are in a rather open and lawless area, far out from others, you must be expecially careful. Again, don't hesitate anymore. Put up signs that read "Will shoot trespassers on sight" if it makes you feel better, but please be careful with yourself.

Maridia
Oct 29, 2005, 01:20 PM
Abdur is right. I normally like to avoid the violent solutions, but in this case, I believe your best option is to plug the suckers. After being shot at like that, you know someone or some people have their eyes on your farm, and probably know you're the only one there to defend it. Shoot to kill. Don't ask questions. Protect your property, your animals and your wife. Protect Lily. And yourself first and foremost, as the others are depending on you.

Those assholes need to get themselves their own shit and stop messing with yours. I wish you the very best. Please take care of yourself, Nas. If something ever happened to you, how would any of us even know? Look into more security measures. You can't be sleeping in a tree all the time. There has to be something else. ;/ I think I'd like it if you posted regularily on what's been going on, just so everyone knows you're alright. I'd rather see a "Everything is okay for now" post than nothing and start freaking out. Keep us posted. :<

Skuda
Oct 29, 2005, 03:22 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

holy.

crap.

don't people have anything better to do? >:<

well,the best advice I could give you has already been said, just be careful. I'm sure all of us are rooting for you, and your family's safety.

Nasca, I'd be thrilled if you blasted that sucker. Send those swines back to Hell! >:D