PDA

View Full Version : JPN Version: Lost in translation?

Rubesahl
Sep 27, 2005, 08:22 PM
What do you think? You think we'll have multiple languages again? or do you think PSO Ep3 and BB were signs of ST's decision to stop the multi-language option?

I personally think and hope that it's like good old DC and GC/XB PSO where you could choose languages ^_^ I also like making my shortcuts using the JPN version of the keyboard http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm personally planning on importing even if it is in Japanese >_> I'm feeling adventorous plus I know hiragana, katakana and some kanji so I'll probably make out the interface just fine http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

What are your thoughts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-09-27 18:23 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-09-27 18:30 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Sep 27, 2005, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna take a swing at this and say that it will be region specific like Blue Burst. Meaning, Japanese will not have multiple languages. I could be wrong, however, based on Sega's recent changes it seems quite possible. I hope this is not true but you never know.

Zelutos
Sep 27, 2005, 09:44 PM
No idea. Sonic Team seems to be giving us a lot of new things, so who knows.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 27, 2005, 11:50 PM
We've got videos from the JP website having english in them, plus why wouldn't they release it with english in it? It'll help compatibility later on, expecially if they decide to release expansions. Besides with PSOBB still going strong, they won't have enough servers to keep things separate.

The worst that'll happen is the servers will check IP addresses preventing USA and EU players from logging in, but that will still leave the offline game for play. I wouldn't be surprised if they also decide to cut costs by leaving the US version subtitled for voices.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-09-27 21:51 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Sep 28, 2005, 08:39 AM
I wouldn't give a damn if they don't dub the voices lmao XD I preffer original language than dubs >_> Only game I've loved the dub so far is Grandia 2 lol

PhruitBaskit
Sep 28, 2005, 12:15 PM
Knowing that Ep3 and BB didn't have multi-language makes me think that PSU won't either, but PSU is going to be a totally different game so it could go either way. (i dunno)

Dre_o
Sep 28, 2005, 04:55 PM
The artistic part of me would like them to keep the Japanese aspect, the lazy part of me that like the voices in Tales of Symphonia http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif would perfer english...

ecchichuu
Sep 28, 2005, 11:59 PM
On 2005-09-27 21:50, Jonathan_F wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they also decide to cut costs by leaving the US version subtitled for voices.

In a recent interview on 1up the director already said they did the English voice recording.

I don't expect multi-language options. But either I know enough Japanese to get by, so I'll go with the Japanese version as long as we can get online with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ecchichuu on 2005-09-28 21:59 ]</font>

googles
Sep 29, 2005, 12:50 AM
Even if there is no english option il still import it.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 29, 2005, 02:15 PM
agreed.

AquaFlare7
Oct 2, 2005, 07:35 AM
I am a little torn on the subject. If I knew Japanese the desicion would be obvious. The English community ruins the state-side version. I played Blue Burst in Japanese (you may remember the red team http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) and it only had 2-3 people that I disliked. I tried out PSOBB in the American release and quit after 4 minutes.

Fun in a good environment > Understanding

Nash
Oct 2, 2005, 07:45 AM
Sonic Team showing it at the Japanese PlayStation meeting with English subtitles gave me hope that it will be multi-language like PSO. Also, the fact the release dates for Japanese and US version are meant to be close like the original PSO makes it more likely they are producing a single version of the game.

We won't know for sure till it's in our hands though, but I really hope it has an English option as I have to play this as soon as possible.