PDA

View Full Version : PSO-World Wants You!

Tomeeboy
Sep 29, 2005, 09:51 PM
With the upcoming release of Phantasy Star Universe, we're looking for some fresh new talent to help us cover the series. We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future of PSO World and YOU can be a part of it! If you think you might be interested, take a look at what we're currently seeking and then drop me a PM with a little information about yourself.

We're looking for future PSU fans with an interest in developing PSU content and covering PSU-related news and events. The following criteria is preferred (not all required):

- Genuine interest in Phantasy Star games, specifically Phantasy Star Universe. Experience with previous PS games is a PLUS.

- Interest in compiling PSU-related data and information for the inclusion in guides, charts and databases.

- Interest in creating walkthroughs, guides, articles and other PSU-related content. Writing experience is a PLUS.

- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HTML. Knowledge of PHP and MySQL as well is a PLUS.

- Graphic design experience and/or intermediate to advanced experience with cropping, resizing and optimizing images for web use.

- Multilingual and able to translate Japanese information and news to English (highly optional, but MUCH needed).

- Good sense of humor and willingness to have some fun and make friends.

Thanks! We'll look forward to hearing from you!

Zelutos
Sep 30, 2005, 02:48 AM
I'll help you if I can. I intend on being online on the launch date, and therefore can provide you with how online works, a character creation guide [with screenshots], all the quests that will be provided to users, user rooms and how to customize, etc.

So I can do pretty much anything you request.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2005-09-30 23:02 ]</font>

Rion772
Sep 30, 2005, 05:02 AM
I've never written a walkthrough but would LOVE to write one and I have read very, very many. I would like to be apart of this and would be 100% commited because it would give me something to do (I have way too much freetime on my hands), I really want to help and I love what i've seen about Phantasy Star Universe and getting online probably the first day like Zelutos. I've played pso ep. 1 & 2 for 2 years and still playing...A LOT and making friends is really fun also i'm pretty damn funny. i'll be playing Phantasy Star Universe online a lot 4-5 hours everyday during the week and atleast 24 hours on the weekends (it just looks so damn good).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-10-01 15:23 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Sep 30, 2005, 05:45 PM
Not to point fingers or anything, but I also believe that correct grammar and punctuation is a must as well. For instance, capitalizing 'I' and spelling words correctly. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, good luck to you who are applying! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-09-30 16:00 ]</font>

lostinseganet
Oct 1, 2005, 04:43 PM
On 2005-09-30 15:45, Getintothegame wrote:
Not to point fingers or anything, but I also believe that correct grammar and punctuation is a must as well.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-09-30 16:00 ]</font>
...Oh boy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coffin.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 1, 2005, 07:40 PM
If you can translate japanese speech, that will be a plus as well. I can take videos that are in japanese and put subtitles on them if you can give me the script to work with.

Tycho
Oct 2, 2005, 04:12 AM
Although I'm not keeping up much with all the news now, by the time the game is released, I'm in.

Quo
Oct 2, 2005, 05:01 AM
I'd be willing to help in whatever way I can.

RoninJoku
Oct 4, 2005, 02:53 PM
I would be... Willing... Most definitely... And the idea sounds great! ... However... I'm not sure I would be able to keep myself 100% constant and committed. I have a tendency to neglect my duties, whether I want to perform them or not...

But whenever possible, or if the help is truly lacking, I would love to lend a hand! I have a wide knowledge of graphics and the like, but no experience putting it onto a website or anything... I can roughly (and I mean roughly) translate japanese... I'm sure there is someone better for that job though... Also, no experience writing faqs/walkthroughs/guides etc... But the will is there (for the moment)...

Rion772
Oct 5, 2005, 02:46 PM
How and when will we know if we are chosen to help?

ANIMEniac
Oct 5, 2005, 05:54 PM
I am interested in helpin out but i do have an issue or 2. 1 is that im still in high school (senior) and im never sure when my teacher will set off a Homework Blast and ruin my week. second, i still dont know the specs needed to run PSU, and curently on my personal com it is struggling to run guild wars -_-( a am getting a new G card soon tho. but when i do get the game and do start playing i would like to help out in any way i can. i am also about to get a tutor in Japanese so i may be of some help when the time comes.

Tomeeboy
Oct 5, 2005, 11:31 PM
I've received quite a lot of feedback, and I'm currently putting together a list of everyone who has volunteered to help out. Thank you all for your responses so far! If you haven't heard back from me, don't worry, nobody else has either http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Once we get a better idea of what positions and contributors we need, I'll be contacting everyone that has expressed interest in helping.

So far, it's looking like we will have MANY PSU contributors once the game is released http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dark_Heal_v2
Oct 9, 2005, 06:05 AM
I don't know what I could contribute to the site, but if there's any interesting tibits coming out from China or E. Asia, I'll sure let you guys know.

OdinTyler
Oct 9, 2005, 10:12 AM
As a long time PS player, let me know what I can do. If its about html coding, forget it. Been too long since Ive done that. But, I do find out info every now & then & I volunteered my services as a mag raiser for ppl on PSO. Didnt pan out but if in PSU, the PMs run the same way, maybe I can do that for other ppl? Let us know what is needed & Ill see what I can do. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dana
Oct 10, 2005, 05:01 PM
I would love to help with PSU.

I have had a lot of experience in PSO and i think i would be somewhat helpful, defently planning on getting PSU( for the PC)

I think my experience with PSO will add that little boost of help!

~Dana~

Larian
Oct 14, 2005, 11:33 PM
I can help out for whatever is needed. I really don't do much when I am not working. This may also help me finally put my Web Design Degree to good use! =P Plus, Everybody has most likely heard about me or conversed with me in various topics. Everbody loves me, and I am sooooooo cute too!

Sitka
Nov 29, 2005, 02:32 PM
I'll help with walk-throughs, guides and data compilation.

Phaesphora
Nov 29, 2005, 08:25 PM
I'll help with translation, data compilation, maps and screen caps, or whatever else you need.

DeathMachine
Dec 9, 2005, 12:14 AM
I could help with item findings, or something. I'm not the most helpful, but I might be able to do somthing useful.

Tobal
Jan 13, 2006, 08:42 PM
I wouldn't mind helping out, i've played PSO 1& 2 for a while then went to Blue Burst for a bit.

Dre_o
Jan 13, 2006, 09:32 PM
I would love to help with Data Compilation and Walk-Throughs.

Ansatsu
Jan 14, 2006, 05:43 PM
Ill do it. I dont know japanese well enough to translate but ill do guides and stuff. I preordered it so ill be on as soon as I can to help.

Ryna
Jan 25, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'd like to supplement Tomeeboy's post with some other things we will be needing help with:

1. Item Database - If you find a rare item, let us know about it! Take some pictures and post the stats. An item database is one of the first things we will want to put together.

2. Translations - For the poor importers that cannot read Japanese, we will need translations of the main screens and menus. This will definitely make life easier.

3. Walkthroughs - While the translations will be helpful, they will probably not be sufficient to clear for the non-Japanese speaking people to make it through the offline portion of the game. So, we will need some offline Story Mode walkthroughs. These will also be useful for general gameplay.

4. Guides - Like any game, PSU will have features that cannot be covered very well in a walkthrough. Accordingly, we'll need guides for the following:
-How to raise a Partner Machinery
-Race/Gender Stats
-Individual Quest/Side-Quests
-Almost anything else associated with the game

5. Beastiary/Bosses - PSU is promising a wide variety of challenging enemies. We'll need help putting together guides explaining what is the best way to defeat a particular boss/enemy. Also, it will be helpful to put together a list of monster statistics.

6. Maps - When a person is hopelessly lost, a decent map may help them to get to their destination. Given that the game will take place on three large worlds, we'll need help making maps!

OdinTyler
Jan 26, 2006, 03:14 PM
I may not have the JP version, but, as soon as I get mine, Ill be right on it with a couple of those points. I can then supply info from that point foward. A few of my colleagues may be the JP version & Im sure theyd feel free to share what they learn with us all.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 01:04 AM
I can do most things except translate and create maps(was never good at doing those, O_O).
THAT IS, if you're still looking for some helping hands, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryna
Jan 27, 2006, 10:59 AM
On 2006-01-26 22:04, Tystys wrote:
THAT IS, if you're still looking for some helping hands, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

At the present time, we need help in all of the areas I outlined in my post.

Tystys
Jan 27, 2006, 04:39 PM
On 2006-01-27 07:59, Ryna wrote:

On 2006-01-26 22:04, Tystys wrote:

At the present time, we need help in all of the areas I outlined in my post.

Sweet, heh.

Sovre
Jan 28, 2006, 12:54 PM
I'd be extremely willing to help out, although it may be only in offline mode as I'm a tad short on cash right now. I have plenty of free time though so I would be willing to raise many different partner machines to figure out what makes them tick.

irun4fundou
Jan 30, 2006, 03:30 PM
I've played every version of PSO I can get my grubby mits on. While I still haven't reached level 200, I have logged thousands of hours in all the PSO and the original Phantasy Star games. I've just recently returned from a PSO hiatus to start playing Blue Burst, and I am highly anticipating the release of Phantasy Star Universe. I plan on being online from day 1.

I would love to help out in any way possible. I think I could best contribute in the visual/graphics area. I would love to lend my artistic talents to the PSOW cause!

Head over to http://www.evelmash.deviantart.com for some samples of my work!

-Adam

Aunt_Betty
Jan 31, 2006, 01:11 AM
Nyo, I can help with some of the translation. My katakana is getting good and my hiragana is simply excellent. I know about 60'ish kanji. I know how to conjugate regular verbs. I also attend Japanese school on Saturdays from 8:30 - 12:00, and I study it anytime I can.

Also, my pee ess two is Japanese, thus giving me no choice but to import it (unless I get a mod chip, but that's LESS THAN LEGAL).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aunt_Betty on 2006-01-30 22:14 ]</font>

katera
Feb 3, 2006, 12:00 AM
Hm.. Although Tommeboy said to PM him, I'll leave some info here. ^_^ (Hell, everyone else did. n.n)

Regarding Tommeboy's post:

Well for starters, of course I have an interest in PS. (I'm pretty sure we all do. XD)
I've played All the PS games, bar PSU. (For obvious reasons). And yes, I have a fairly large amount of Knowledge/Experience with the series.

I guess you could say I have a decent experience in Graphic design. I personally prefer making banners, such as the one in my sig. (Edit: Banner no longer in sig >_<) But I'd be willing to help you as best I can.

Heh, and about my sense of humor/willingness to have some fun and make friends. I'm one of the most social guys about! :]
Lol, you can even make fun of me or whatever, I'd just be amused myself. XD

Regarding Ryna's post:

I'd gladly share any rare items/stats with pictures also for PSOW. (Everybody loves Screenshots. >_^)

I should also be able to aid the "Beastiary/Bosses" section.

I'm not sure on maps. I actually used to hand draw whole maps from 'Zelda' and such games. But that was a while back.

Well, I'm all out of thought now...
Thanks, for your time reading! ^_^;

<3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: katera on 2006-02-09 16:41 ]</font>

Segaholic2
Feb 25, 2006, 05:18 PM
PM sent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Segaholic2 on 2006-02-25 14:18 ]</font>

Alizar
Feb 26, 2006, 07:01 PM
sure i'll help, 'bout time i got "back in the game". i can help make maps and walk throughs....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizar on 2006-02-26 16:03 ]</font>