PDA

View Full Version : why is it so had to find one video game

re4
Sep 30, 2005, 08:42 PM
about a year ago my cousin from texas came down and brought a game called ikaruga for gamecube

it was one of the most addicting games i have ever played and has to be the absolute hardest on earth (there are 5 levels and you can beat the game in less then 20 minutes)

so we were up untill about 6 in the morning playing co-op mode and never got past level 3

so now a year later

i have some extra money and wanted to buy the game

so i call my local game store and they dont have it

then i call another place nearby and they dont have it

i called at least 50 other fricken stores and of course they dont have it

so in the end the only place i can find it is on the internet and my mom doesnt like giving out her credit card number

i mean this is unreasonable

i had this same problem finding pso 1 and 2 plus but luckly they had it on amazon for 27 dollars (amazon is the only place my mom will buy things off the internet from)

so then i look at amazon and of course they have the game on amazon for 65 fucken dollars

and when the game first came out they sold it new for 20 dollars

i know i am makeing a big deal but i am just so pissed off that one video game that isnt that old is so hard to find

ai_no_usagi
Sep 30, 2005, 09:00 PM
I don't think it was very popular, because it was so hard *I've played the DC version and can't beat the 2nd boss* so that may be why you can't find it.
if all else fails, maybe try getting a debit card and ordering it yourself? maybe your mom would let you do that.

Skorpius
Sep 30, 2005, 09:05 PM
Get your mother to look at, and read, what you want to purchace. If you've earned the game, and would like to buy it, allow her to read all the safety and secruity reassurances and whatnot that Amazon has, and get it off of there (or whatever site you want to purchace it off of).

re4
Sep 30, 2005, 09:07 PM
i have already tryed that and it didnt work (she doesnt trust me with something like that and i cant blame her)

and my mom is too subern to think otherwise (i tryed anyway and that didnt work)

thanks anyway

i just need to calm down and realize the fact that i cant have it right now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: re4 on 2005-09-30 19:09 ]</font>

Daikarin
Oct 1, 2005, 06:25 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B00008VFBV/all/qid=1128165840/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1a/002-5428330-3314404?s=videogames

Used, but new: 40 bucks.

Try searching for good-quality used games more often for better prices.

Nai_Calus
Oct 1, 2005, 08:11 AM
I tried to find a copy of PSO+ yesterday but was unsuccessful.

So I bought the used copy of Phantasy Star Collection that GameStop's had sitting there for 3+ months now. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Does nobody in this town have taste?

Eihwaz
Oct 1, 2005, 10:20 AM
Older, more obscure games for any modern system can usually be found either online at sites like Amazon, or at your local game store, usually at low prices. Sometimes, you get a rare game that is in high demand, and the price shoots up, sometimes to full prize ($50), and in some cases, even higher.

That being said, Amazon has a couple of copies of Ikaruga for GC at roughly $40, which isn't so bad if you really want a copy of the game. If your mom still doesn't want to buy it for you yet, then talk about some way you can "earn" it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 1, 2005, 11:42 PM
Ikaruga is a Treasure developed game.

That's basically all you need to know on why it costs X amount of money.

Videogame pricing is such an enigma.

Look up Rez, or any Saturn game of any worth on ebay or whatever. See where the pricing goes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

You should maybe buy the copy off your cousin?

He didn't tell you while you were playing that it was a rare/expenisve kinda title?

Because its a year old shouldn't make it as easy to find as brand new games, or cheaper than them.

Think about it. One year of not being in stock, having more copies come in, and a long time on the shelf- in places where that game wasn't in high demand.

The gaming stores would have to get rid of them at lower prices for the time being, until all their copies are gone to get more room for brand new games.

But, they really shouldn't, and know more about the rarity/worth of such titles. Which some do, and charge you and arm and a leg for, like Eihwaz said.

PS4, Sega Genesis, used, no packaging. $50, Gamestop. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Chrono Trigger, FF3, SUper Mario RPG etc. same thing.
----
Money orders/checks, different sites that offer them.

Look into that.

Its less safe than a check, you pay a nominal charge to the supermarket or wherever for the money order.

Send it in, same as a check.

But then maturity plays into this. how you handle your money, even if you know about things, what you want, and how to get it, you have to present yourself in a manner your parents/gaurdians would want to hear such a request.

No whining. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif