PDA

View Full Version : PSU on N Revolution - Scary...

Rubesahl
Oct 3, 2005, 06:34 PM
Ok, I imagine most of you already know about Nintendo's new controller which they are so proud of. If not, let me just tell you to find your thin DVD remote controller and you'll have an idea... Anyways, I don't really have anything against their innovation but it leaves a lot of games out unless they make a peripheral for it that's an actual controller O_o;;

Well the point is, imagine playing PSU with the Nintendo Revolution controller . ___ . I know, it'd be scary. I honestly don't know how they're gonna pull out Zelda unless they make changes to gameplay. So yeah, I'm glad Sega played it safe by staying with current generation PS2 lol

What are your thoughts?

_Tek_
Oct 3, 2005, 08:34 PM
They better just release a regular controller design soon.

Uncle_bob
Oct 3, 2005, 08:39 PM
PSU = PS2 and PC.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blitzkommando
Oct 3, 2005, 09:12 PM
I don't understand your complaint. Afterall, you can use conventional controllers from your Gamecube to play games on the Revolution. I realize that many people seem to ignore this, but I still ask, do you not like GameCube controllers either?

Cynric
Oct 3, 2005, 09:37 PM
It has an analoug stick that attaches to it. Is that half inch of space connecting the two really so important to you?

EJ
Oct 3, 2005, 10:47 PM
How is having PSU on the Rev. a scary thought?

Well the old saying is always true people are afraid of change, which is a sad thing.

Skuda
Oct 4, 2005, 01:04 AM
I think it'd be fun to have PSU on the revolution. I just don't know how sega would be able to pull it off.

kazuma56
Oct 4, 2005, 02:03 AM
nintendo said they will have a regular controller which will "store" the remote...er revo controller, so it can be made for revolution. But since nintendo wants free networked games, it may not accept a Pay to play PS game in it's library.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-10-04 00:07 ]</font>

_Tek_
Oct 4, 2005, 03:04 AM
Its said that the Cube controller will be useable with the revolution.

Perhaps I should get a revo, and have a ps2, 2 huge gaming libraries (since revo will b backwards compatible, and ps3 errr, I'l wait for psthree*)

Rubesahl
Oct 4, 2005, 01:56 PM
lol wow Sorry if I offended anyone http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Anyways, I'm open for change, just hope they have a more reg controller for some type of games . _ . And considering PSU's closeness to PSO's gameplay, I can't easily conceive using the Rev controller for PSU but that's just me <_< I find it weird to move with the analog and hold the other part... I'm sure there'll be great games for Rev, in fact even PSU could come with some tweaks so that it takes complete advantage. Just judging from the press confference, who knows what the future holds o.o;;

Well yeah I know it's for PS2 and PC, just stating a possibility.

Split
Oct 4, 2005, 04:30 PM
On 2005-10-03 16:34, Rubesahl wrote:
Ok, I imagine most of you already know about Nintendo's new controller which they are so proud of. If not, let me just tell you to find your thin DVD remote controller and you'll have an idea... Anyways, I don't really have anything against their innovation but it leaves a lot of games out unless they make a peripheral for it that's an actual controller O_o;;

Well the point is, imagine playing PSU with the Nintendo Revolution controller . ___ . I know, it'd be scary. I honestly don't know how they're gonna pull out Zelda unless they make changes to gameplay. So yeah, I'm glad Sega played it safe by staying with current generation PS2 lol

What are your thoughts?

you can plug different controllers in(like gc ones), and it might be okay with that nunchuk add on.

therealAERO
Oct 4, 2005, 05:29 PM
You're telling me you don't want to swing around your REVO remote to use your sword, or actually target something with your gun with the remote as opposed to using an analog stick. I think PSU would be great on the REVO, if not a little tiring ^_^

Anyway in a recent interview with Shiggy, he stated that they have already finished a wave bird like controller that has the same functionalities as the REVO remote. Its for the gamer who likes the classic style as opposed to the new.

Rubesahl
Oct 4, 2005, 05:46 PM
I guess I'm too old-school in a way >_> and I don't really think that's a good thing either lol I wouldn't really like swinging my sword with the controller :/ The shooting part is ok though. What came to my mind was the fact that I could target using the other controller. So yeah you're convincing me. I guess what I mainly wouldn't like is that games in Rev will involve mainly swinging and pointing, but I guess that's a matter of taste. Or maybe I want PSU's gameplay left untouched lol which is selfish in a way >_>

I do like the fact about connecting controllers, after all a fighting game would be hard on a controller like that since the best would be an arcade stick XD

adamgnome104
Oct 4, 2005, 07:00 PM
I just want the Revolution controller to work with Light Zapper NES games.

That's all I'll buy the Revolution for, I swear.

Sega could probably make a cool controller to hook onto it when you buy PSU if they do release it on the Revolution, like they made a classic Sega Genesis Controller for the release of Puyo Pop on the PC.

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 5, 2005, 09:29 AM
I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the Revolution controller can behave like a traditional (indeed, old school) controller, simply by turning it 90 degrees to the left. There ya go. Old NES-style layout. You therefore, don't actually need a big docking controller for it.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 5, 2005, 12:47 PM
As long as servers are linked, I don't care what systems PSU comes out on.

Alisha
Oct 6, 2005, 09:01 AM
if i recall there will be a dock/cradle for the revolution controller wich allows for gamecube like controls

Sharkyland
Oct 6, 2005, 04:53 PM
What's kinda funny... nintendo made the first controller (that we'll all used to now), and here we see them making a new design.

Getintothegame
Oct 6, 2005, 05:20 PM
On 2005-10-05 07:29, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the Revolution controller can behave like a traditional (indeed, old school) controller, simply by turning it 90 degrees to the left. There ya go. Old NES-style layout. You therefore, don't actually need a big docking controller for it.

Sure, but now you're pointing your controler away from the reciever! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2005-10-06 14:53, Sharkyland wrote:
What's kinda funny... nintendo made the first controller (that we'll all used to now), and here we see them making a new design.

Actually, more or less, the NES Controler wasn't the first, but probably best known.

All in all, I guess we won't have to worry about the Revolution due to the fact PSU is getting released on PS2 and PC only! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fossil
Oct 7, 2005, 07:00 AM
I thoughts are wondering how blind you can be to believe releasing a graphically state of the art game on the most inferior of the last generation consoles is a good idea becuase of a controller bias on another system.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fossil on 2005-10-07 05:04 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Oct 7, 2005, 07:57 AM
On 2005-10-06 15:20, Getintothegame wrote:

Actually, more or less, the NES Controler wasn't the first, but probably best known.

All in all, I guess we won't have to worry about the Revolution due to the fact PSU is getting released on PS2 and PC only! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh, what was the first controller?

Wyndham
Oct 7, 2005, 06:50 PM
On 2005-10-07 05:57, Sharkyland wrote:

On 2005-10-06 15:20, Getintothegame wrote:

Oh, what was the first controller?

wheel controller on the atari?
i think NES had the first D-pad.