PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to have to wait a little longer?

kazuma56
Oct 6, 2005, 01:03 PM
GameFaqs and Gamespot both have pushed back everyone's "expected" PSU Feburary release date to 5/1/06... now I know Sega didn't give an official release date for the US version but I hope that they are using that time to further a more stable online comunity(hacks/cheats etc) or adding even more content to the game.

The only thing i'm worried about is the US-JP connectivity, if it's supposed to come out in like late novemeber early december for japan, does that mean we will be like lvl 1's when we get on and JP players will be well into their high 150's-200+ with good equips that just kill the "OMGWTF is that weapon that dropped"feeling that PSOv1 had at launch?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-10-06 11:04 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 6, 2005, 02:37 PM
Sega's site has pretty much always said it was coming out here in Winter '06. :/

omegabuild
Oct 6, 2005, 02:58 PM
not that the possibility of it getting pushed back surprised me, though we dont have strong evidence either way. In fact i get the feeling the jp release date will be pushed back, usually within 2.5 months of a release they have a firm release date, not to mention we have seen no info on a beta test which is usually taking place 1 month to two weeks before a release, if not more so. and if teh beta test is 1 month, the pre beta gathering people usually is announced at least 2 weeks before that (especially since this is a ps2 game and discs would have to be shipped)

Basically i get teh feeling this game won t be out any time close to when the current info says.

HEck i just rememebered the downlaod quest we did get that you had to set language to jp to even get the item..
whoooo trust them i dont

As far as JP connectivity, it sucks, but we will probably not get that at all. PSOBB isnt connected, it seems likely we will not be either. Not being connected to jp bothers me on a lot of levels, mostly due to my lack of trsust for ST to localize things. Back on DC we never got 99% of downlads that jp got. IMO the only thing that kept us from getting jerked on GC was the fact that almost everything was online, and we were connected to jp servers so everything they got we had to get.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegabuild on 2005-10-06 13:00 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Oct 6, 2005, 03:06 PM
Well, most online stores were showing a release date of Feb. 2006 (which would technically be Winter '06). It has been speculated that Sega vaguely set the release date as "Winter 2006" so that they could release it during the early winter months of the year, or at the end of the year when winter is beginning again. It looks like they might miss a winter release all-together if this new May release date sticks.

Neith
Oct 6, 2005, 03:07 PM
As far as I know, it's always been a Winter 06 release. No doubt we will get delayed though, happens with nearly any game >_>

Rion772
Oct 6, 2005, 03:23 PM
In some sense I hope it does come out May 1st because it will come out 4 days before my birthday and it'll be sweet that way. But i'm not sure if i can wait the extra 3-4 months without losing my sanity...

Blitzkommando
Oct 6, 2005, 03:36 PM
I'm seeing so many release dates for this game, with differing dates for the PC and PS2 versions, that I will believe the date when I have the game in my hands. Seriously, I have seen everything from early November of this year to some time in July of next. I would say that the real date is somewhere between the two, though probably closer to the later.

In any event, I trust GameSpy, IGN, Game Stop, and the likes, about as much as a used car salesman.

Rubesahl
Oct 6, 2005, 03:48 PM
I honestly hope that if it's going to be delayed, it'd be dually delayed. Even if I'm importing I preffer the same 2 month span for between both versions. If the JPN release stays the sames, you'd think they just want to make us suffer.

Do you think voice recording has something to do with it? hmm I wonder, though I'm not sure if it's enough to delay it for 3 more months...

DarK-SuN
Oct 6, 2005, 04:27 PM
This is disappointing...
I still hope the diferent region versions are linked, despite the release date diference (even though I know PSOBB isn't, but this is also for the PS2 so they may try to make it like PSO for the DC/GC was, with all regions connected).

Guess I'll be getting the Japanese version of PSU to tie me up till the other regions are released, giving it a little go at online play if there's enough people from PSOW importing the Japanese version (either for the PS2 or for the PC).

Skuda
Oct 6, 2005, 04:48 PM
well, seeing as Shadow the Hedgehog is coming out this november, and I heard about PSU long before I heard about Shadow, then I'm putting my money on PSU's Febuary 2006 release.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 6, 2005, 06:29 PM
If I had to guess what's going on, I'd have to say BUSINESS AS USUAL.

Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D. Revolution -27 November 2003 (Japan)- 2 March 2004 (North America)

Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II Plus - 27 November 2003 (Japan)- 15 September 2004 (North America)

Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst - 15 July 2004 (Japan) - 23 June 2005 (North America/Europe)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-10-06 16:30 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Oct 6, 2005, 08:37 PM
Yup. X3

I suggest that everyone fill the time in by going out and digging up a copy of Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA. *nods sagely* Go find an old Genesis and a copy of Phantasy Star End of the Millenium, too. That'll take care of you. *waves GBA*

_Tek_
Oct 6, 2005, 10:22 PM
Patience sliding...
Rage rising...

PhotonCat
Oct 7, 2005, 12:35 AM
Gamestop has the PC ver. still slated for a Nov. release, but the PS2 ver. for May '06.

Don't know how much truth that holds, but let's hope it's true.(about the PC ver. date)

I think they will separate the servers for the regions this time around. It's foolish not to.

kazuma56
Oct 7, 2005, 04:32 AM
On 2005-10-06 18:37, Ian-KunX wrote:
Yup. X3

I suggest that everyone fill the time in by going out and digging up a copy of Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA. *nods sagely* Go find an old Genesis and a copy of Phantasy Star End of the Millenium, too. That'll take care of you. *waves GBA*

hopefully the PS trilogy for the PS2 will hit before PSU does....

Nai_Calus
Oct 7, 2005, 06:56 AM
Considering that PSG3 isn't out yet even in Japan(And at this rate may never be, considering that nobody has heard ANYTHING about it at all), I doubt this highly, but one never knows and can always pray. ^_-

kazuma56
Oct 7, 2005, 01:46 PM
On 2005-10-07 04:56, Ian-KunX wrote:
Considering that PSG3 isn't out yet even in Japan(And at this rate may never be, considering that nobody has heard ANYTHING about it at all), I doubt this highly, but one never knows and can always pray. ^_-

by PSG3 you don't mean PSIII do you? because I heard the trilgy just went from 1-2-4, and skipped 3.

Nai_Calus
Oct 7, 2005, 02:39 PM
Well, technically PSIV would be PSG3, Phantasy Star Generation Three. They're skipping PSIII, yes, but it makes no sense to call it PSG4. Especially since going by the Japanese timeline, PSIII actually happens AFTER PSIV, making PSIV's Protectors the third generation. ^_^;

Which will, I'm sure, create no end of confusion with names. XD

kazuma56
Oct 7, 2005, 10:45 PM
no need to go into detail, I know PS3 comes after 4...sorta like how PSO ep3 is after ep4...anywho, I didn't know that PS4's remake wasn't even done or even in development (from what I gather from you) yet...well I'd settle for PSG1-2 and no 4(3) instead of getting no PS remake(s) at all.