PDA

View Full Version : I can't helping theorizing...

Sharkyland
Oct 7, 2005, 08:42 AM
This is probably so false.

When I saw the three planets forming the what seems to be the PSO seal, I couldn't stop theorizing it relating to the past PS games.

So what's my theory?
- First of all, there were three planets. Dezo, Motavia, and Parma. Could they be the original of the three planets that protected against the evil?
- Second, that burning planet. I have a feeling when the three seals had been broken (three planets), it emerges causing the meteor crashing on both Coral and Ragol.

I'm just a nut, when it comes to theorizing and story telling. x.x

---

I would SERIOUSLY hate myself if I was right.

Ryna
Oct 7, 2005, 10:32 AM
On 2005-10-07 06:42, Sharkyland wrote:

This is probably so false.

When I saw the three planets forming the what seems to be the PSO seal, I couldn't stop theorizing it relating to the past PS games.

So what's my theory?
- First of all, there were three planets. Dezo, Motavia, and Parma. Could they be the original of the three planets that protected against the evil?
- Second, that burning planet. I have a feeling when the three seals had been broken (three planets), it emerges causing the meteor crashing on both Coral and Ragol.

I'm just a nut, when it comes to theorizing and story telling. x.x

I remember reading a recent interview (I think it was IGN) where the design team was inspired by the 3 planet concept from previous Phantasy Star games. However, these planets are supposed to be different from past ones.

Nai_Calus
Oct 7, 2005, 11:15 AM
If you're trying to come up with something like 'Graal is Algol', forget it.

You can't say 'Graal is Algol in the future after the Dezolians and Motavians have died out'. After PSII Algol is short a planet due to Palma's destruction, and while there ARE still three planets in the Algol system, Rycross' orbit is highly elliptical and more like a comet's, and it's a barren, crystalline world inhabited only by a few spiritual lifeforms.

You can't say 'Graal is Algol before the events of PSI' either for various reasons - Motavians and Dezolians for one. Non-existance of Newmans back then for another, then there's the fact that space travel was a rather recent development in PSI...

It just doesn't work like that. If there's a link at all, it'll be the same kind of half-assed link you can make between PS and PSO if you squint - That the people of the Graal system are descended from Palman survivors.

As for the meteor that hit Coral, hasn't it been basically decided that it came from Ragol, probably courtesy of Dark Falz? The one that hit Ragol is up in the air still, but the one that hit Coral is fairly obvious to me.

PSU will be like PSO, in all likelihood. There will be no real link to PS outside of names - Actually, PSU already seems to be going out of its way with the references to try to DISCOURAGE a link, down to damn near stealing a character whole. Anyone wanna bet Graal loses a planet and Tylor saves Ethan & co from getting blown up? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mind you, there's nothing wrong with coming up with theories, or even just plain Making Stuff Up To Make It Fit, but ONLY as long as it stays within a fanfic and is used to make things work within. The moment you take it out of there and start trying to claim it as an actual explanation/possible continuity point... Well, that's when things get ugly. I've got an explanation for mags and why your character doesn't get mutated and what kind of link between PSO and PS there might be for my fic, but it's sure as hell not canon or even a valid theory.

Mind you, it's still too early for much speculation on links. Even for me. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Maybe ST will actually come right out and SAY that Graal's people are Palman refugees. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

_Tek_
Oct 7, 2005, 05:01 PM
Graal isn't Algol, buts its "like" it. That's pretty much all we can say.

OdinTyler
Oct 7, 2005, 10:58 PM
Actually if the planet names in PSU got any closer to the original trilogy of planets, they might as well make them the old ones. Personally, I can understand the constant theorizing. Ive been doing it since 1988 when PS came out! LOL Sega could actually release official timelines & stories to how 1 game relates to another. The fact that you call something a series then dont stick to the responsibility of maintaining the foundation of a series (continuity) is just wrong. Sega creates plotholes & we the fans fill them. Sad but true that we have to do what shouldve been done already.
Theorizing isnt necessarily bad. So many believed that Sean's ending was the right one in PSIII & even I had to believe it was true but deep in the back of my mind, it felt like it was Aron's. Well, whaddya know? I was right all along. It WAS Aron's. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Either Sega is extremely lazy or they leave it to the fans to decide what the inbetween story is. Personally, I think its both. But, thats just my two meseta...

Dre_o
Oct 8, 2005, 12:13 AM
Ah theorizing....always a way to pass the time and still try to understand what we don't.

I still think theorizing and just plain thinking are not bad. But I agree, until we get more information, most theories will probably be false.

Just for reference, a rough definition of a theory is:

Theory: a statement or set of statements used to explain a phenomena.

OdinTyler
Oct 8, 2005, 05:16 PM
Theory: a statement or set of statements used to explain a phenomena.

Going by this definition:

Theory: How Sega can create a game so vast & involving (statement) yet create plotholes the size of swiss cheese (phenomena).

Fact: Phantasy Star has had plotholes the size of swiss cheese since PSII.

Hope: Sega gives more of what we players are wanting, some of what we dont expect, & dont forget the small things we love...like the continuity of the story.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skuda
Oct 8, 2005, 05:28 PM
I going to crawl out on a limb here and say that the final boss in PSU is going to be something similar to the dark falz versions we've seen over the years.

it'd be nice if it was something new.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2005-10-08 15:29 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Oct 8, 2005, 08:45 PM
If it were the original 3 planets in PSU, you could have MotherBrain (from PSII) again, rebuilt. Darkfalz will always be in a PS game because its been long established he resurfaces every 1000 yrs but in playing PSIV, we learn that theres countless Darkfalzes running around that are all part of The Profound Darkness aka the true force of evil, itself. As long as evil exists, a Darkfalz may exist & as long as their is a planetary seal of 3 planets, youre sure to find one, waiting to emerge.
Now, if the DF in this game is done PSO style, we have to imagine what poor, stupid fool managed to get him/herself captured & thus, allow DF to possess said person. We couldnt save Rico or Heathcliff because their possessions were long standing. If we could save someone from a short-term possession (like the Govr. in PS1) the person would live. That is something we havent done in a long time. So is riding in vehicles & thank Lutz we can finally do this now.

Skuda
Oct 8, 2005, 09:19 PM
I don't think Flowen was directly posessed by Falz. It sounded more like an infection from the D-cells and Osto. Flowen might not have been that bad off if it were not for Osto implanting the Olga AI into him.

who knows. PSO has too many plot holes to count.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 8, 2005, 10:20 PM
Profound Darkness could make a reappearance

Skuda
Oct 8, 2005, 10:31 PM
On 2005-10-08 20:20, Jonathan_F wrote:
Profound Darkness could make a reappearance

it's most likely

OdinTyler
Oct 9, 2005, 10:21 AM
Yes, plotholes have always been bad. Maybe a direct Darkfalz didnt go into Flowen but technically it counts as a possession. Any of these monsters we encounter all lead back to waves of power from Darkfalz. Sending pieces of itself elsewhere much as the Profound Darkness does with countless Darkfalzes. Even a piece entered Flowen & yes, it is a possession. Its also an infection considering the direct source. So, technically, both are correct.
Then, Dr Osto & his insane ways of connecting him to an infected AI (it was said that DF infiltrated the 3 AIs in Ragol: Calus, VolOpt AND Olga) so he made it even worse. Any chance we get to kill Dr. Osto? I dont have Episode IV so can someone tell me what the hell happens in that episode???

Nai_Calus
Oct 9, 2005, 11:20 AM
Sadly, Dr. Osto died in the same explosion that killed everyone else on Ragol.

Next person to say he didn't gets a smack upside the head with the Elysdeon. X3

Rion772
Oct 9, 2005, 11:56 AM
On 2005-10-09 09:20, Ian-KunX wrote:
Sadly, Dr. Osto died in the same explosion that killed everyone else on Ragol.

Next person to say he didn't gets a smack upside the head with the Elysdeon. X3

Poor docter Osto, and isn't it Elysion? not Elysdeon?

OdinTyler
Oct 9, 2005, 01:02 PM
"There was no explosion. There was no evidence of an explosion."

Sega created such a huge plothole with this. If you watch the opening carefully of this so-called explosion, you see a transparent outline of Darkfalz. Now, was this Darkfalz or Rico with Darkfalz inside her? Also, when you follow Episode II, Flowen kinda saw the explosion from where he was & Osto was clearly right near him. Osto didnt die in the 'explosion' so I want to know...can we go kill his ass already?
That opening & the fact that you dont know exactly when Rico got DF-infected messes everything up. Personally, I think the 'explosion' was a shockwave that created all the monsters. The DNA was transmitted in that shockwave. Just my 2 meseta.

Nai_Calus
Oct 9, 2005, 02:01 PM
Didn't read Rico's messages or something? She survived the explosion. That's why she went down to the Ruins, to investigate. Honestly, if anything you're probably just a few days/weeks behind her. Quite possible that she's not even full infected until you're already part way through the game.

Not EVERYBODY died, just almost everybody - The ones that suited DF's purpose were left. Rico to be used as a host, Flowen because he was already mostly corrupted by that time, Vol Opt and Calus were left as well, presumably to be used.

The ending to SotH, Sue subplot version, clearly states that Osto didn't survive:

SUE:
There were some clues, from the Lab's research.
He encouraged evolution through infection and fusion.
Using the D Factor, it became stronger along each step of the way.
The three AI created by Dr. Osto were simply mediums. Used...
To help the D Factor infect and fuse with other life forms.
After that...
They were used as the basic structure to control the evolution.
The result is the monsters that roam Ragol...
And the explosions on the surface...

Elly:
No...

DELTA:
Yes...
And everyone disappeared.
Even father.

There are no bodies. No signs of anything, except those two key people and the AIs. Delta herself is a plothole, though - Why was she left alive? Did DF hope to take control of both MOTHER and the two remaining AIs and have them use it to become *insert some kind of Lovecraftian horror here*?

There was an explosion, but not necessarily of a physical nature - Remember, at that point Dark Falz has no body and exists only as a spiritual being. Perhaps the explosion was simply some kind of wave or spell that just caused intelligent things with souls to disappear - There is the lovely floor decor for the first two phases of the fight with Falz to consider there, and the fact that the robots and animals are left and only the people disappeared.

Just my two meseta. Want a Burger with that?

*cries because there are people who don't know what the Elysdeon is*

Rion772
Oct 9, 2005, 09:36 PM
On 2005-10-09 12:01, Ian-KunX wrote:
Didn't read Rico's messages or something? She survived the explosion. That's why she went down to the Ruins, to investigate. Honestly, if anything you're probably just a few days/weeks behind her. Quite possible that she's not even full infected until you're already part way through the game.

Not EVERYBODY died, just almost everybody - The ones that suited DF's purpose were left. Rico to be used as a host, Flowen because he was already mostly corrupted by that time, Vol Opt and Calus were left as well, presumably to be used.

The ending to SotH, Sue subplot version, clearly states that Osto didn't survive:

SUE:
There were some clues, from the Lab's research.
He encouraged evolution through infection and fusion.
Using the D Factor, it became stronger along each step of the way.
The three AI created by Dr. Osto were simply mediums. Used...
To help the D Factor infect and fuse with other life forms.
After that...
They were used as the basic structure to control the evolution.
The result is the monsters that roam Ragol...
And the explosions on the surface...

Elly:
No...

DELTA:
Yes...
And everyone disappeared.
Even father.

There are no bodies. No signs of anything, except those two key people and the AIs. Delta herself is a plothole, though - Why was she left alive? Did DF hope to take control of both MOTHER and the two remaining AIs and have them use it to become *insert some kind of Lovecraftian horror here*?

There was an explosion, but not necessarily of a physical nature - Remember, at that point Dark Falz has no body and exists only as a spiritual being. Perhaps the explosion was simply some kind of wave or spell that just caused intelligent things with souls to disappear - There is the lovely floor decor for the first two phases of the fight with Falz to consider there, and the fact that the robots and animals are left and only the people disappeared.

Just my two meseta. Want a Burger with that?

*cries because there are people who don't know what the Elysdeon is*

No I don't know what the "Elysdeon" is, Although i've played around 400-500 hours...

And all that stuff you said about Dark Falz...doesn't it make you wonder, if this was all real how smart he actually is/would be...I just wonder how intelligent that giant...*THING* could actually be. (this is way off topic)

Nai_Calus
Oct 10, 2005, 03:10 PM
The Elysdeon isn't in PSO, it's a weapon in PSIV. >_>

*goes back to crying*

EJ
Oct 10, 2005, 03:14 PM
On 2005-10-10 13:10, Ian-KunX wrote:
The Elysdeon isn't in PSO, it's a weapon in PSIV. >_>

*goes back to crying*

You should send Fluffy to bite his head off.

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 03:57 PM
OK I have some questions about previous posts. What is SoTH & Delta & all that about? Forgive me, I dont have Episode IV & I havent been able to play all the online qsts so I need some help with all that. With regard to Flowen, his words in a recorded msg state basically that the wounds 'were trying to take over' which would imply possession. He sees as hes changing that he is being possessed tho infected as well. Yes its complicated & its all Sega's fault for bad transrations (yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose).
I always figured that the wave changed the face of the planet & caused it directly & yes, I noticed the faces on the ground during the battle with DF. Those are the souls of the departed, no question. The timeline of when Rico was actually investigating & when she was possessed & all that always stumps me. Personally, I think she was going through the changes as she was recording some of those later messages in the Ruins. Its crazy how Ive been playing this game for years & I STILL go over her msgs trying to unravel all of PSO's mysteries. I'll love Phantasy Star til I die...

Oh & to solve the mystery of Elsydeon:

It is the name of the sword revealed in Phantasy Star IV, carrying the souls of all the departed heroes past. It is also the very sword, a Laconian (considered a 'holy' metal in Algol) sword, used by Alis to defeat Lassic & later, Darkfalz.

Idk why its called Elysion or why theres more than 1 in PSO but the runes I see that make up the sword lead me to believe that its supposed to be Elsydeon.

Rion772
Oct 12, 2005, 06:03 PM
SoTH = Seat of The Heart, it's an online as well as a PSO Ep. 1 & 2 PLUS quest.

I couldn't careless about the "Elsydeon" either because I don't have the PS so I don't need to worry about it.

OdinTyler
Oct 12, 2005, 09:38 PM
OK so now that I know what SoTH is, can someone give me the details Im missing so I can understand a bit more? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 10:00 AM
On 2005-10-12 19:38, OdinTyler wrote:
OK so now that I know what SoTH is, can someone give me the details Im missing so I can understand a bit more? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

How are we going to fill you in on the details when we don't what what details your missing?

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 10:37 AM
Im asking about SoTH, DUH! LOL There's talk about something called Delta & apparently there are msgs in that qst. What exactly happened? SoTH isnt the one when youre running around in the Temple & you meet Calus is it?

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 11:21 AM
On 2005-10-13 08:37, OdinTyler wrote:
Im asking about SoTH, DUH! LOL There's talk about something called Delta & apparently there are msgs in that qst. What exactly happened? SoTH isnt the one when youre running around in the Temple & you meet Calus is it?

Yes it is. Elly Person asks you for a favor, she wants you to help her pass a team hunters exam so she can go to the central control tower. Along the way you avoid random blasts of blue lightning, and a wierd grants looking type spell that comes at you in a line of random photons that jut out of the ground. Near the end of the exam Calus actually saves her life and helps you to move on. Once you defeat the Gol Dragon you passed the exam, at one point in that sequence you can save your progress so if you quit the game you can start off right after the defeat of the hunters exam.

After Elly says she going to the central control tower and you can make the choice to be done with the quest (which I think doesn't work and you HAVE to complete it with her) or you can decide to go. Once you reach the Central Control Area you need to defeat the Jungle, Seaside Area, and Mountain area I believe, if not then you just go on up the path of the Central Control Area and at the end you have to jump off a cliff to hit a switch for Elly. Once you reach the top of the cliff Calus shows up and it seems as if he ended his and the other Calus's lives.

At this point you continue your way to the central control tower and you pick certain switches to unlock the door to go to the next level in the tower, however if you choose wrong then a mini-boss comes out and someone dies (by that I mean either you and elly or the mini-boss). I myself haven't bothered reaching the top so that's all I can tell you. Go to the link below for the rest of the Info.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1208

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 12:19 PM
Great, so I gotta do this all over again? I remember doing some of this qst (I think) but I sure didnt have Kireek with me to help. I think Ill go a different path & tell Sue my name. Id like to get the Ragol ring & have Kireek help me out. Also, my RAmarl would be perfect for this qst as she's immune to Megid. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yes, its legit. I found out a way to legitly be immune to Megid. Watch out Del Lillies! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Oct 13, 2005, 04:38 PM
How to you become immune to megid? is that even possible? what do you need like over 100 EDK?

OdinTyler
Oct 13, 2005, 11:09 PM
Yes, its possible & I believe the only resist you can do that for is dark. If you can with the other, Im curious & would like to know how. You have to get your dark resist to at least 100 (Im at 103 on my RAmarl) so yes, shes immune to Megid. I stand there taunting Megid-spitting lillies that cant kill me. LOL I love it! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif My combo of armor, shield, & 4 +15 dark slot items gives me the 103, btw. I'll say this: forces cant do this (God, I wish they could). If theres any high dark resist armor/shields for forces...someone, please, tell me...